Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,218,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
fixed
wow, the mark of a true Repugnigoon. Maybe they'll hire you to break into someone's office someday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 03:52 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,218,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I think i would have more faith in the guy who completed his mission successfully, not the one who screwed it up and got caught.

screwed it up and got caught???
good lord
what a stupid statement to make about someone brave enough
to stay and undergo what Mccain did so his friend could leave the POW camp eary.
Not like the very brave Obama who throws his friends and even his grandmother under the bus for a frigging vote!
Gosh, some of you people are unfrigging real, if we got attacked again,
who would you run to, someone like MCCAIN that is brave or some idot like Obama that cries like a girl!
Maybe you should go visit our troops that put their life on the line every day, instead of putting down someone that has served his country all his life. Maybe you would like to at least go to the VA and thank a VET for their service,or would you put them down for screwing up and getting the legs blew off!!
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,592,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
There are thousands of people who have served in the military that are heroes. That does not give them divine ordinance to hold any office.

The fact that you can't reconcile the will of the American people to elect the candidate of their choice, with patriotism is not only wrong, but dangerous. Nobody gets a free pass in politics. You right wingers will go so far out to the outer limits of insanity to try to make a legitimate statement. And it falls flat every time.

........and yada yada yada to you too. Should someone not be held responsible for their recent indiscretions and acquaintances? The day Rezko, Farakook, Wright and Ayres drop dead will be cause for celebration IMHO. Why Oh yes, you can also throw in the David Dukes into that mix as well.

Why Dumbo would want to be seen or have dealings with ANY of them is beyond me.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM

26,260 posts, read 49,168,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Do not attempt to school this 16 year DoD worker, and 22 year military spouse in the ways of the soldier. Doing that, been there. I am as proud of the military men and women as anyone can be, I am disgusted with the callous disregard for them that has been shown by this administration. Saluting and wearing flag pins and jump jackets is not the same as sending them into harm's way ONLY to serve American interests. On this we will disagree,and as I live on street of current Navy and count 12 OBAMAs and 2 MCCAINS, there is a change afoot.
Exactly, that's why deployed troops send 6 times the money to Obama as they do McCain. John McCain is the REAL empty suit. The troops know they've been had, been abused, seen Rummy and Bush cut benefits, seen McCain vote AGAINST the new G.I. Bill, seen Obama vote FOR the new G.I. Bill, saw Obama work to improve conditions at Walter Reed Medical Center. They know who cares more about them, and it's Obama, who won't use them callously as the GOP has these past 5+ years in Iraq. We know a couple whose USMC son (a USNA grad) has had FOUR trips to Iraq. So, pay no attention to the dupes, rubes and armchair patriots who spout the nonsense put out by Bush, Rove and the GOP.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Exactly, that's why deployed troops send 6 times the money to Obama as they do McCain. John McCain is the REAL empty suit. The troops know they've been had, been abused, seen Rummy and Bush cut benefits, seen McCain vote AGAINST the new G.I. Bill, seen Obama vote FOR the new G.I. Bill, saw Obama work to improve conditions at Walter Reed Medical Center. They know who cares more about them, and it's Obama, who won't use them callously as the GOP has these past 5+ years in Iraq. We know a couple whose USMC son (a USNA grad) has had FOUR trips to Iraq. So, pay no attention to the dupes, rubes and armchair patriots who spout the nonsense put out by Bush, Rove and the GOP.

How can one say armchair patriot without mentioning Kerry?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,218,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Or Dick Cheney, with his five draft deferments, which he shrugged about, saying, "I had other priorities in th e sixties than military service."

Or the beloved Tom DeLay! "So many minority youths had volunteered for the well-paying military positions to escape poverty and the ghetto that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." - houston chronicle

Who served?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,773,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Enough. Our government is not filled with America haters. Our government is filled with people that we have chosen to send to Washington, to our state houses, etc. If our country is a mess, it is our own fault and we cannot continue to treat each other like enemies and expect life to get better. We are a nation of laws and ideas and compassion, and we are able to shout out our ideas on the highest mountains and not have to agree, but to continually assume the worst in your fellow American is very sad.
I don't agree with you a lot, but this is about the sanest and truest statement I've read on this forum in a long, long time, specifically in this "2008 Presidential Election" forum. Thank you.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Or Dick Cheney, with his five draft deferments, which he shrugged about, saying, "I had other priorities in th e sixties than military service."

Or the beloved Tom DeLay! "So many minority youths had volunteered for the well-paying military positions to escape poverty and the ghetto that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." - houston chronicle

Who served?
Both pretty low opinions, we both agree on that. The lowest is "I loathed the military" and then becoming it's CiC?

Gee, why is there NO democraps listed on the "did not serve list"? Why even Hillary tried to join the Marines and was under fire in Bosnia. Why no Obamy?????

Old 08-19-2008, 05:37 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,626,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Perhaps in retrospect, Senator McCain should do now what Senator Kerry didn't, Until later. Who knows, maybe it will help him.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Perhaps in retrospect, Senator McCain should do now what Senator Kerry didn't, Until later. Who knows, maybe it will help him.
You mean bring back the Dick Cavet Show and go on about how his fellow countrymen are murderers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections