Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:12 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,773,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You didn't answer the question. The information hasn't been released. Didn't we cover this? You can throw a nice jab, but your sense of humor fades when you have to take one. I'll stick to intelligent discourse from hear on out. I've noticed when humor is absent, so are responses.

"As Carl Bernstein reported in Vanity Fair, he piloted an ultra-light, single propeller plane -- and crashed another time. His fifth loss of a plane has vanished from public records, but should be a subject of discussion in his Navy file."
Source

"He found himself literally underwater after his training jet stalled and he couldn't make land. Knocked out as his plane smacked into Corpus Christi Bay, he regained consciousness on the bottom and struggled to the surface."
Appears to me you answered your own question in the first para. And it's "here on out," not "hear".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
Quote:
don't you think that the American people have a right to know if there is anything that would preclude reasoned decision-making from the POTUS?
I think the last 40 years would be proof enough that mentality McCain is a-OK.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,087,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
You're right, it offended me to no end with Clinton wearing a flight jacket. His halfarsed salutes didn't help matter much either. Kudu's to your husband, he may have been there done that while you no doubt kept the home fires going.
You have 12 Dumbo's and 2 McCains? I wasn't aware they were cloning them. If what you're saying is true Id love to know the demographics.
Officers and Chiefs. I too was offended by Clinton acting like a flyboy. I have been there, done that in my capacity in the DoD, please refrain from your patronizing. Perhaps your wife stayed home and kept the family together, laudable.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,592,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Officers and Chiefs. I too was offended by Clinton acting like a flyboy. I have been there, done that in my capacity in the DoD, please refrain from your patronizing. Perhaps your wife stayed home and kept the family together, laudable.
Glad to know you have stood many hours in the duty office on watch. DoD runs a taught ship. I knew we could all rest easy with you at the helm!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,592,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You didn't answer the question. The information hasn't been released. Didn't we cover this? You can throw a nice jab, but your sense of humor fades when you have to take one. I'll stick to intelligent discourse from hear on out. I've noticed when humor is absent, so are responses.

"As Carl Bernstein reported in Vanity Fair, he piloted an ultra-light, single propeller plane -- and crashed another time. His fifth loss of a plane has vanished from public records, but should be a subject of discussion in his Navy file."
Source
The question was and is ridiculous, again, what 5 aircraft? "Ultra-light"???? Don't think so. He probably started out in T 34's then T-28's and went to primary jets in T2's none were hardly an ultra light aircraft. Vanity fair? Was this earth shattering revelation wedged between the Mableline and Avon ad's?
Sorry but with your 5 undocumented crashes you are hereby out of airspeed, altitude and ideas if you buy into that conspiracy theory.

Sorry, I don't think one would have got much of a usable payload on something like this during McCains day. Ultralight aviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-19-2008, 11:44 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,952,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
John McCain is treading on very thin ice if he tries to use his Vietnam war hero "status" to win the election. Kerry tried it in 2004 and it backfired. People only respect Hero's if they do not make a song and dance about it. McCain was always respected because he didn't talk about his ordeal. He will lose that respect if it becomes part of his election campaign. He should be elected on what he is now and what he can do for America.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Furthermore, has anyone mentioned that heroes are not only found in the military? Since when did we become such a militant society?

No offense, but I've known quite a few servicemen who were definitely not heroes and some civilians who certainly are. From all walks of life. Teachers, firefighters, even community organizers

This election shouldn't be about hero worship anyway. We need to try to elect the best candidate to govern our democratic society.

And lastly, there is a huge difference between a person who acted heroically at one time and a real hero.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post

Furthermore, has anyone mentioned that heroes are not only found in the military? Since when did we become such a militant society?

No offense, but I've known quite a few servicemen who were definitely not heroes and some civilians who certainly are. From all walks of life. Teachers, firefighters, even community organizers

This election shouldn't be about hero worship anyway. We need to try to elect the best candidate to govern our democratic society.

And lastly, there is a huge difference between a person who acted heroically at one time and a real hero.

Excellent. +1 rep.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,183,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
So why so much hatred of the man? Yes, I know you may not agree with his politics but the man is a national hero. At least give him respect.

By constantly criticizing the guy, you make yourselves look foolish....like you'll do anything the liberal handbook would have you do.
He is NOT a "national" hero! He was a POW...NOT a NATIONAL hero.

This IS America where we have the freedom to criticize anyone we please!

The LIBERAL handbook??????

So, the Repugs NEVER criticize anyone?? Where are you coming from? ??????

Respect has to be EARNED!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,183,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post

EXCELLENT post! Great points!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 PM

715 posts, read 1,671,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
He is NOT a "national" hero! He was a POW...NOT a NATIONAL hero.

This IS America where we have the freedom to criticize anyone we please!

The LIBERAL handbook??????

So, the Repugs NEVER criticize anyone?? Where are you coming from? ??????

Respect has to be EARNED!
So if McCain hasn't earned your respect, it must be difficult for anyone to do so. Do you respect Obama? If so, why? Because he organized a neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections