Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times

Advertisements

‘Pay grade’ unartful dodge - BostonHerald.com

Quote:
There are certain sentences that should never appear on the lips of the Leader of the Free World. “That Vladimir Putin, what a great guy!” is one of them. “I did not have sex with that woman” is another.

But on the very top of the list of statements about our nation’s laws that should never be spoken by a guy whose job it is to sit next to the Big, Red Button is “That’s above my pay grade.”

With all due respect, Sen. Obama, being president is above your pay grade. And the voters are starting to figure that out.

Politico.com reported yesterday that 75 percent of Americans believe that John McCain can “handle the job of commander in chief.” Only 50 percent feel the same about Obama. A whopping 42 percent told pollsters they believe Obama is simply not up to the task.
Words, barry, just "words". I just don't get it. He knew this subject would be coming up - and that's the best he could do? He is his own worst enemy.

Don't get me wrong - I loved it when he said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,083,381 times
Right, but that is because you thrive on spewing nothing but bitterness and vindictiveness. Yours is a sad and toxic world.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
‘Pay grade’ unartful dodge - BostonHerald.com

Words, barry, just "words". I just don't get it. He knew this subject would be coming up - and that's the best he could do? He is his own worst enemy.

Don't get me wrong - I loved it when he said that.
Yea, like "don't ask me" it is too hard a decision for ME to make is what I want to hear for the fruitcake running for President...sure helps me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,602,005 times
For shame Sanrene! j33 is right, the truth hurts and as such should be left unsaid. Think up some pretty lies to make j33 feel better about their choices in life.

Now kiss and make nice!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Everything is above his pay grade.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:46 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,642 times
Sanrene

I forgot all about that silly remark.

One of the worse lines in American Presidential debates ever.

So what is his paygrade?

The 200k he made before he became a Senator or the 4.2 mil he made after he become a Senator and all of a sudden was in the pockets of large corporations and pocket money. Better check his freezer, you know those dems are funny about hiding cash.

THE FACTS ARE ARE HE SAID THIS AND THE TRUTH IS EVERYTHING HE SAID SHOWED US WHAT HE IS MADE OF. Not only is he a liar, a scam artist and a cheat, he cannot make a decision to save his butt.

It is not too late to dump dumbo, maybe he could get a job running his own wind power company.... he surely has a lot of wind behind his back.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:51 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
I did not love it when he said it
it made my blood go cold

Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Nice of yall to take quotes out of context. How about posting what that sentence was actually said to.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:26 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Nice of yall to take quotes out of context. How about posting what that sentence was actually said to.
You asked,
Quote:
The Rev. Rick Warren: “At what point does a baby get human rights?”

Obama: “I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.”
You got it?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
this works both ways. they should use this quote out of context, in context, or in whatever context they want. mccain has had a lot of stuff taken out of context and used against him. this is just what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections