Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,910,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
most people are NOT voting for him because he's black. We're voting for him because he's going to make a fabulous president.
Moderator cut: snip
I guess it really shows how racist black people are.....you know, with 95% of them voting for Obama. Wow, talk about racism. Maybe some of these black people voting for Obama because of his skin color need to attend a mandatory diversity class.......

Last edited by Kristynwy; 08-28-2008 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: edited out personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 10:25 AM

503 posts, read 940,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Why are they virtually tied in most polls if Messiah Obama apparently already has the election wrapped up?

I guess the messiah is having fewer and fewer chances to read of the TelePrompter, or maybe people are just learning the truth about him.

Good point by the way (paullySC)

Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
J
I guess it really shows how racist black people are.....you know, with 95% of them voting for Obama. Wow, talk about racism. Maybe some of these black people voting for Obama because of his skin color need to attend a mandatory diversity class.......
Oh but you forgot blacks cant be racist, only whites

Last edited by Kristynwy; 08-28-2008 at 04:25 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,984,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
So most people are racist; wow, you are sad
I'm sad? LOL! You make absolutely NO sense! To reiterate, since you weren't able to grasp it the first time: the people who are voting for Obama are not voting for him Just to vote for the "black candidate." We are voting for him because he is the best for the job and he'll be a great president.
Get it now?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I'm sad? LOL! You make absolutely NO sense! To reiterate, since you weren't able to grasp it the first time: the people who are voting for Obama are not voting for him Just to vote for the "black candidate." We are voting for him because he is the best for the job and he'll be a great president.
Get it now?

Yes i got it that time, the sad part is you think he would make a great president.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Just a pathetic comment,
but, I'll play your sick game for a moment.......
Again, I think my statement has been interpreted in a way I didn't intend. My apologies. What I meant by my post is that "Obama supporters are voting for him because he's a great candidate, not because of his race." I didn't mean to imply that those who are NOT supporting him are refraining from doing so because he's black.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Yes i got it that time, the sad part is you think he would make a great president.
Just like a republican to insult me for my beliefs and opinions. What a quality human being you are!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM

11,887 posts, read 37,014,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, please.

This is truly an inspiring moment in our country's history.

Regardless of one's party affiliation or political philosophy, the nomination of an African-American by a major party is a momentous event, and should make each of us reflect for a moment on the progress we have made as a nation, and take pride in being a citizen.
Interesting sidenote; it was EXACTLY forty-five years ago today that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered the "I Have A Dream" speech.

Excerpts from that speech below:

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood."

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants, Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

All politics aside, it truly is a historic moment as Yeledaf said.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Interesting sidenote; it was EXACTLY forty-five years ago today that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered the "I Have A Dream" speech.

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood."

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants, Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Absolutely It is a good day.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:48 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,910,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

I must disagree....

Read MLK's words again and again.....it talks about "sitting down together".

I have yet to see any of Obama or his followers promote any togetherness. Obama attended a "separatist" church for years with a 20 year mentor that preached hate toward whites. How is that remotely related to the great MLK's idea of "sitting down together"?

Obama being nominated has actually seemed to create a bigger divide in the country.....

White people saying "hell no I won't vote for a black man" and black people saying (in the words of Ludacris) "we are gonna paint the White House black".

I've seen absoultely no coming together or sitting down together from either side. Obama's "unity" message is a sham. Obama has yet to be a uniter....simply look at the way he treated Hillary supporters.

Nothing historical about any of this to me.....seems like the same tired old song, different verse maybe, but same tired old song.

Obama - The Great Divider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections