Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
Why would you call the rest of the world a flake? What makes you that narrowminded to throw out such broad sweeping generalizations? Are you worldy enough to know that its impossible to do this without sounding ignorate?

I have had enough American bashing to last a life time. I had to defend my fellow countrymen when people give me sterotypes and generalizations. Please do not be a stereotype. Open your mind. Just because someone has a different opionon, different culture, or different outlook does not make them a flake. Being narrowminded does, whoever, make a flake.

I am calling the OBAMA frenzy a bunch of flakes,
he has done nothing but draw a crowd
I love my country and I will yell form the roof tops that this guy is not
ready to be president.
Don't preach to me
Obama and his weird wife has done nothing but trash this country.
He has disrespected our troops, he just had his big pary did he do or say anything to lift them up?? No, he hired a Movie Director to make a propaganga film.
SHAMEFUL!@!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Hillary wants you to vote Obama...help her so that she can help us by working in the senate with an ally in the White House.
No she doesn't. She was being a good solider. She's more of an ally with McCain.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:44 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
ready to be president.
Don't preach to me
He has disrespected our troops, he just had his big pary did he do or say anything to lift them up?? No, he hired a Movie Director to make a propaganga film.
SHAMEFUL!@!
Obama's wife is not weird...I am so sick of name calling. If you love this country so much, you will try to be a part of the solution and not keep spreading the negativity.

306 posts, read 1,161,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
ready to be president.
Don't preach to me
SHAMEFUL!@!
I am not preaching to you, but why call the rest of the world flakes? It just makes you sound so... closed minded. I dont know, maybe you are and you like that. Which is cool if you do. Makes no never mind to me. But please do realize that you represent more then the sum of that stereotype.

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most candidates make a political pick when it comes to VP as opposed to a Presidential pick.
That may be true, but we happen to have a different dynamic in this race, and it is beneath our intelligence to lie to ourselves. The role of the Vice President on the ticket this election carries as much weight as any other, the importance and scrutiny in this case cannot be diminished because of the Senator's age. We may not like it, and it may not be the topic that our gut wishes to discuss or even think about. But it's there. The Constitution is quite explicit, and if the worse should happen, the thinking we didn't do ahead of time will be of little consolation.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:45 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I don't think the Governor can govern America. I absolutely believe this is the worst choice the Presidential candidate could have made. I do not believe the Governor is ready to be Commander in Chief, in charge of the most complex Economy on the planet, and ready to lead the United States Foreign Policy on the World stage. I don't believe the Governor is ready to lead the Armed Forces or make decision's regarding vital intelligence matters relative to the National Security of the United States.

I could be wrong, I await your assessment. As I've stated 300,000,000 citizens should certainly be interested in your in-depth rebuttal.

When it comes down to it this goes directly to the judgment of the person who wishes to be Commander in Chief. The most vital decision he will make is who is the most qualified person in the Nation to represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief should he fall. Senator McCain is telling us - This is the Most Qualified person in the entire US. This is the person in my judgment, who will best represent the United States of America as Commander in Chief and President.
You believe what you believe -- and I believe what I believe. I'm not interested in trying to convince you to change your mind.

I already told you what I think.

She has more experience than Obama does -- and look at the chance you're taking on him.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
No she doesn't. She was being a good solider. She's more of an ally with McCain.
Did she call you up to tell you this?

I have no doubt that Hillary is "miffed" at Obama getting the nomination...she is a very fierce competitor and fought tooth and nail to "win". I also think that she really wants a Democrat in the White House...and is a strong enough individual to swallow her pride and do what is right for the country.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Did she call you up to tell you this?

I have no doubt that Hillary is "miffed" at Obama getting the nomination...she is a very fierce competitor and fought tooth and nail to "win". I also think that she really wants a Democrat in the White House...and is a strong enough individual to swallow her pride and do what is right for the country.
It's not hard to figure out ...

Old 08-30-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It's not hard to figure out ...
Wait...are you Hillary?

Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Running scared? Nope not the way I see it. Acting wiser and mature. Your guys have picked an old man that the party does not like and a woman who runs a state with the population of Austin Texas that sits on a hugh oil reserve for which the states citizens get dividends. You are the ones that are scared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections