Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:46 AM

116 posts, read 265,830 times

Advertisements

I think most of us will admit that John McCain had almost no chance of winning the election. Then out of the blue, he picks a woman as VP and now there is actually a race for President. Even though Obama will still probably win, it is hilarious to see how the Democrats are reacting to this. Have you ever seen so many people go right to being so scared and so negative. They really wanted this thing to be a cake walk. Now it will be a real fight and they can't stand it. They immediately resort to the normal Democrat playbook of name calling, insulting and crybabying. It really shows what their side is made of and it shows how the mainstream media is in the Democrat party's pocket. What an embarrassment to our country.

Now I will still most likely vote for Obama or I may write in a candidate, but at least I will have fun watching all the Democrats jumping up and down throwing a hissy fit. You guys are putting on quite the show. You would be having a heart attack if it was the other way around and the Republicans were acting like spoiled little brats, like you are now. Then again, a Democrat thinks different rules apply to different party's. It's so sad to watch, yet funny as heck.

Keep it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,545 times
Ok...what you fail to understand that having a woman, any woman, on the ticket does NOT get enough votes to win the election.

As a woman myself, I would love to see a woman in the White House, BUT when I looked at all the candidates last summer (as an Independent I had an open mind) I was looking for the best person. Barack Obama has the kind of judgement and temperment that we need to get this country back on track.

You can't just plop a woman on the ticket (I've read more about Palin since last night...she seems to be a good person, but she is not qualified in the least to step into the presidency should she have to) and expect to get votes. It is about experience and vision.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:56 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
There are a lot of folks on the Right that think Palin would make a better leader than Obama, Biden or Hillary.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
There are a lot of folks on the Right that think Palin would make a better leader than Obama, Biden or Hillary.
McCain probably had most of their votes already.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:57 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
I think most of us will admit that John McCain had almost no chance of winning the election. Then out of the blue, he picks a woman as VP and now there is actually a race for President. Even though Obama will still probably win, it is hilarious to see how the Democrats are reacting to this. Have you ever seen so many people go right to being so scared and so negative. They really wanted this thing to be a cake walk. Now it will be a real fight and they can't stand it. They immediately resort to the normal Democrat playbook of name calling, insulting and crybabying. It really shows what their side is made of and it shows how the mainstream media is in the Democrat party's pocket. What an embarrassment to our country.

Now I will still most likely vote for Obama or I may write in a candidate, but at least I will have fun watching all the Democrats jumping up and down throwing a hissy fit. You guys are putting on quite the show. You would be having a heart attack if it was the other way around and the Republicans were acting like spoiled little brats, like you are now. Then again, a Democrat thinks different rules apply to different party's. It's so sad to watch, yet funny as heck. Keep it up.
I haven't seen anyone go "right to being scared and negative. Where are you seeing this? On Rush Limbaugh's happy hour radio talk show?

Nor have I seen anyone resort to name-calling, insulting, and cry-baby behavior. Would you mind citing where you are seeing this?

Seems to me, you are the only one playing up to the party line mud slinging. And I seriously doubt anyone thought this election would be a cake walk~ for either side.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 AM

306 posts, read 1,161,995 times
Throwing hissy fits? Dude, what planet are you on. Give women more credit, give people more credit.

Man, one thread after another on the same topic and the same comment. Women dont vote for someone just because they are the same sex as them. We vote for the best candidiate.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:59 AM

116 posts, read 265,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Ok...what you fail to understand that having a woman, any woman, on the ticket does NOT get enough votes to win the election.

That is why I said Obama will still win. So I do not fail to realize it. I posted it in my thread. What I do realize is that a large percentage of the population votes for stupid reasons, like party affiliation, gut feeling, looks and IDENTITY politics. By picking a woman VP, McCain most certainly will get more votes than he would have otherwise. Some women will vote for him JUST because he put a woman on the ticket. This makes the election much closer than it would have been.

And again, I will most likely vote for Obama or write in a candidate, but I think it is hilarious to watch the Democrats act so stupid like they normally do. It is amazing how they always act like spoiled little brats.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post

Now I will still most likely vote for Obama or I may write in a candidate, but at least I will have fun watching all the Democrats jumping up and down throwing a hissy fit. You guys are putting on quite the show. You would be having a heart attack if it was the other way around and the Republicans were acting like spoiled little brats, like you are now. Then again, a Democrat thinks different rules apply to different party's. It's so sad to watch, yet funny as heck.

Keep it up.
Funny?

I think the situation is rather serious. We're being asked to consider a candidate for the Office of Vice President in an election where the primary candidate suffers from cancer.

Because of the role of Vice President, the selection of a Vice President is the most important, and first Executive decision a Presidential Candidate makes, and so we are given our first glimpse of the candidates judgment.

If God forbid, something should happen to the Commander in Chief, we had better have every confidence that the Vice President is ready to step into the Office of President and assume the responsibilities of Commander in Chief.

I find nothing funny about the gravity of the decision of who to elect to represent the interests of the United States citizens in a World currently filled with difficult foreign policy decisions, an Economic Crisis, and Wars in two Nations.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
And the best candidates are McCain and Palin.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
And the best candidates are McCain and Palin.
The best candidates for what kind of America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections