Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama/ (broken link)

Check it out, if you dare. Side by side comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 07:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
ok i will we can do analytics. but have you been reading the posts on CDF.
the face of the audience never lies.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Let them strap on skates and grab a stick.

Sarah will take him into the boards.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,941 times
Haha...that is the most biased "comparison" I've ever seen.

Why are people comparing Palin and Obama anyway? I guess everyone feels like me and thinks McCain is going to kick the bucket if elected. So to feel good about McCain's bad choice everyone spouts "look she's more experience than Obama! I swear." No she's awful.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
Haha...that is the most biased "comparison" I've ever seen.

Why are people comparing Palin and Obama anyway? I guess everyone feels like me and thinks McCain is going to kick the bucket if elected. So to feel good about McCain's bad choice everyone spouts "look she's more experience than Obama! I swear." No she's awful.
What's awful about her, Philly? Aside from the fact of couse that she's an evil evil Republican?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
It's missing some facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Chris View Post
I want to post a couple of things because there needs to be some balance and “reality” involved in a conversation like this. I am not an Obama supporter, but facts are facts and we can’t keep ignoring the facts and make-up things as we go to try to make something look better or worse than what it is.

The fact is, Obama had 8 years at state level government service and now 3 years in the Senate. This brings it to a total of 11 years. As you can see "below" he has been involved for years writing, sponsoring and getting bills past at a state and federal level.

Palis, was on the PTA, than to city counsel, than to Mayor of a very small town, than to elected Governor of Alaska for 2 years. She has passed 1 bill to stop a major mistake in the “bridge to no-where”, which was already in progress when she took office and she has co-sponsored a few other bills that have passed. It is insane to compare the Leadership abilities and experience of her and Obama. I give her credit for what she has done in her small town as Mayor of 250 people and her 2 years as Governor of Alaska which is the size ”population” of Louisville, KY and her 85% approval rating taken in a poll of 3000 people but now we are talking about leading the United States of America. Just because a great High School coach goes 10-0 and has a perfect season, that does not mean he is ready to go coach the New York Yankees. In November I look for an absolute slaughter.

I actually believe, because the “Bush” 8 years has been so horrible, I think the Republican Party thought they didn’t have a chance. But I think they thought it would be Edwards and Clinton and Obama came from nowhere and was a total shock. McCain could have had a shot and knowing this now I would say the Republican party now wishes that they would have put their best out there instead of letting McCain go thru the motions so they could focus on 2012. I feel they went into this election with 2012 in their sites, and they probably still do.

Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 570 bills in the 109th and 110th Congress.
Senator Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored 15 bills that have become LAW since he joined the Senate in 2005.
Senator Obama has also introduced amendments to 50 bills, of which 16 were adopted by the Senate.

Most of his legislative effort has been in the areas of:
 Energy Efficiency and Climate Change (25 bills)
 Health care (21 bills) and public health (20 bills)
 Consumer protection/labor (14 bills)
 The needs of Veterans and the Armed Forces (13 bills)
 Congressional Ethics and Accountability (12 bills)
 Foreign Policy (10 bills)
 Voting and Elections (9 bills)
 Education (7 bills)
 Hurricane Katrina Relief (6)
 The Environment (5 bills)
 Homeland Security (4 bills)
 Discrimination (4 bills)

Old 08-30-2008, 07:30 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,943 times
Sanrene you should be reprimanded for posting a link to a SCUM site like that...

Old 08-30-2008, 07:31 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama | AUDACITY OF TRUTH | Obama Lies | ObamaLies.com | OBAMA LAUNDRY LIST OF LIES (http://www.audacityofhypocrisy.com/2008/08/30/sarah-palin-vs-barack-obama/ - broken link)

Check it out, if you dare. Side by side comparison.
LOVE....and am hanging it on my wall.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
LOVE....and am hanging it on my wall.
I'm sure it'll look great next to the rifles and stuffed deer head.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Default And from that site...

OBAMA CAMPAIGN BEHIND ANTI PALIN SMEAR SITE?

Posted by admin
August 30, 2008

Suddenly appearing among the Google search results for “sarah palin gay,” a web site titled: Sarah Palin Supports Gay Rights.
Sarah Palin (GOV-Alaska-Republican), supports gay rights, says Anchorage Daily News.
Quote “Gov. Sarah Palin vetoed a bill Thursday that sought to block the state from giving public employee benefits such as health insurance to same-sex couples.” Quote “”It is the Governor’s intention to work with the legislature and to give the people of Alaska an opportunity to express their wishes and intentions whether these benefits should continue,” the statement from Palin’s administration said.”
Coghill said he’s interested in a new plan that would allow state employees to designate one person — maybe a same-sex partner, but also possibly a family member or roommate — who would be eligible for state-paid benefits. But the employee would have to pay to add that person to his or her benefits.”
Sarah Palin’s veto gave gays the same rights as married couples in Alaska.
A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote for gay marriage.
Interesting. There’s nothing else on the page. This sure looks like the work of the dastardly right-wing anti-gay attack machine, doesn’t it?
But look who’s really behind this.
In the Linux console, if you enter the following commands, you can learn the secrets of a political dirty trick. First, look up the host of ‘sarahpalingayrights.com’ to get the site’s IP address.
host sarahpalingayrights.com sarahpalingayrights.com has address 74.208.74.232
Then use the same command to look up the domain name pointer of that IP address.
host 74.208.74.232 232.74.208.74.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer obamadefense.com
Well, well. “Obamadefense.com,” eh?
And what happens if you enter obamadefense.com on your browser’s address line?
Why, you’re redirected to none other than FightTheSmears.com, the official Barack Obama site that’s supposed to be defending him against smears.
Looks like they may have a second purpose: to generate a few smears of their own.
(Hat tip: sk.)
UPDATE at 8/30/08 11:14:12 am:
Here’s another site that traces back to obamadefense.com: ObamaTaxCut.com.
UPDATE at 8/30/08 11:24:46 am:
Two more web sites that share the IP address of obamadefense.com:
John McCain opposes the new GI Bill, but why? John McCain Prefers War
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections