Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I'm sure it'll look great next to the rifles and stuffed deer head.
either that or he's gonna tape it to his mirror in his trailer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 07:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Why are people comparing Palin and Obama anyway?
Because the bots are shrieking and frothing at the mouth with the view that Palin is too inexperienced to be VP, but never once let spilled a drop about obama's lack of experience. The hypocrisy is too much.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,931,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because the bots are shrieking and frothing at the mouth with the view that Palin is experienced to be VP, but never once let the spilled a drop about obama lack of experience. The hypocrisy is too much.
Can't handle a dose of your own medicine?

Old 08-30-2008, 07:46 PM

389 posts, read 1,096,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What's awful about her, Philly? Aside from the fact of couse that she's an evil evil Republican?
Evil Republican? Oh, I'm sorry I think you have me confused with a Democrat. Try again. Really, not everyone who questions this choice is a liberal with an agenda. Some of us think for ourselves and don't step right into line with the rest of the party, be it Dems or Republicans.

What's awful if she becomes POTUS? Hmm...she's governor of a state of 800,000 and has only been for 1.5 years. She has no foreign policy experience and living near Russia and Canada doesn't count. I don't agree with her stance on stem cell research or her creationism should be taught in school views. And the biggie....she might be POTUS! And out of all the possible experienced candidates McCain could of picked he picked her? Are you kidding me? If he wanted a woman there are more experienced women than her too! That's why she's an awful pick. There were a hell of a lot better choices than her, but he picked her to pander for votes.

(and sorry for the late reply. My keyboard is f**ked)

Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,921,046 times
It's far from the only subject covered on that link, but I guess this is as good a place as any to offer a thought about one reality referred to there, namely, the military service of Palin's son. If the Rep. ticket wins, I'd think it would be unquestionably necessary to pull him out of Iraq, or not send him in the first place if he had not yet been deployed. It's for the same reason the Brits nixed the idea of assigning Prince Harry to Afghanistan. It would be a bad idea to take a chance, however slim, on having the son of the U.S. vice pres. fall into enemy hands and be used for blackmail. More generally, it's the same idea as why the medical profession considers it unethical for doctors to treat their own families: It's important to keep personal interest out of critical decisions.

Why the comparison between these two? I assume it has to do with the issue of experience. Neither has the experience in public office that you usually see with pres. and vice pres. candidates. Despite occupying different places on their parties' tickets, they have that shortage of experience in common.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Can't handle a dose of your own medicine?
Oh, no. I welcome the debate. Every time they mention it only serves to give the McCain camp the opportunity to declare how inexperienced obama is.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
This one made me laugh most!

"Foreign Relations experience =Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)"

WTF foreign relations experience did she gain by her state bordering 2 countries, I doubt she had anything to do, in an official capacity with either one.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post

"Foreign Relations experience =Governor of state that borders two foreign countries (Canada and Russia)"

WTF foreign relations experience did she gain by her state bordering 2 countries, I doubt she had anything to do, in an official capacity with either one.
Republican word of the day: Osmosis.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:28 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post

LOL, the republicans know what a joke of a pick she was. Why didn't McCain pick Senator Hutchinson from texas?

Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
LOL, the republicans know what a joke of a pick she was. Why didn't McCain pick Senator Hutchinson from texas?
Only the McBots who know nothing of her support Palin 100%. Even people from her own home town are weary.

washingtonpost.com

"She's not prepared to be governor; how can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said state Senate President Lyda Green, a Wasilla Republican who told the Anchorage Daily News that she at first thought news of Palin's selection was a joke.

"I think John McCain won the state of Alaska but lost the nation," said state Sen. Hollis French, an Anchorage Democrat. "I think her inexperience is going to cause many, many voters to think twice before voting for him."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections