Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:23 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,232 times

Advertisements

How can his donors afford to send their welfare checks to this cause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 05:23 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm GLAD Obama is using his network to help out and I don't think it's political in the least. It's what Americans do. I just wish the other side could recognize the same.
There are still some on this forum who think Obama is not American, haven't you been following?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:24 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Just to give you an edge, do you really think say 40% of Americans collect welfare?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:27 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
There are still some on this forum who think Obama is not American, haven't you been following?
Quasi American at best. I'm not so sure his IFF is squawking correctly.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,689 times
Quote:
Why are you so angry and negative? We should all be helping...and while I am sure many people who are not Obama supporters will help, his supporters have banded together over and over during the primary to donate money to other causes so I am sure there will be a large outpouring of donations if the government refuses to help once again.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:39 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
"I think we can get tons of volunteers to travel down there, if it becomes necessary,"
It's true, there are plenty of people like me who are still in Denver and are just about to start driving home--we can take a little detour and deliver food, clothing, whatever's needed.

I just got diagnosed with lymphoma, which means I don't have a lot of energy. But we have to make the drive anyway--I didn't find out about my condition until after I'd already gotten out here. I guess my point is, even a person like me can help out. I may not be able to fill sand bags but I can deliver things.

Everyone can help out in some way, even if it's just to donate a few dollars or take a moment to say a prayer.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Why are you so angry and negative? We should all be helping...and while I am sure many people who are not Obama supporters will help, his supporters have banded together over and over during the primary to donate money to other causes so I am sure there will be a large outpouring of donations if the government refuses to help once again.
Because when Obama calls for people to help, this is what I hear

"Oh, he is so great, he is really super and he would deal this hurricane like a president should. I am so proud of Obama. He is such a great candidate because he is trying to help people in need."

And when McCain asks for people to help, this is what I hear

"Oh, this is so sick. He is using a natural disaster to pander for votes. It is so disgraceful for him to use this tragedy for the benefit of Republicans."

Do you really need to ask me why I am mad at this whole thing?

ROCK ON MCCAIN/PALIN, THE REAL CHANGE WASHINGTON NEEDS IN 08'!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:52 PM

No response Dems?

Old 08-31-2008, 05:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,689 times
Quote:
No response Dems?
I'm starting to think that all you want to do is argue...

My response is that it may have more to do with your individual perception more than anything.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:04 PM

382 posts, read 589,967 times
Quote:

I thought Obama supporters where elists. Wasn't there a thread yesterday that said must Wal-Mart shoppers are Republicans and voting for McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections