Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

I believe that there is something sinister in the choice of Palin, and its not just because they chose a political novice with little or no record and almost no experience outside of running Alaska for a mere 20 months, either.

While no way would McCain's handlers sacrifice him losing votes with their choice (clearly after the blue collar voters, women, and low information types with this selection of Palin) but if McCain were to croak, the corporatist's and neo-fascists who have held sway under Bush/Cheney would be presented with someone clueless enough to be told exactly what to do, just like Bush has been.

So, in this regard, I believe the move was also calculated to set the stage or regaining full control of government if John were to somehow fall out of favor.

If he becomes President I suggest he hire a food taster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,879 times
That is a sad, sad assumption.

"If McCain croaks".

Anyone could croak at anytime. You could be driving, make the a turn at the wrong time and that's the end of you. No matter if your 10 years old or 100 years old.

So McCain is 72 years old. His mom is still alive and she's in her 90's. My grandma is 81 years old - still drives, runs, and lives a normal life just like anyone else. Think of a better excuse than "McCain will croak" and then come back.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM

11,349 posts, read 16,714,274 times
I love how people are talking about her as if she was running for President.

In the meantime Obama has nothing except a "speech" (Hillary).

Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Think of a better excuse than "McCain will croak" and then come back.
Well, let's say he chokes on his meatloaf then. Or his temper gets the better of him and his heart e'splodes.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:32 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times
Because it shows that McCain is a maverick who is willing to transcend politics and think outside the box.

She is an amazing pick for several reasons.

1. She really pi$$es off the Democrats who are overwhelmingly backing Obama
2. They captured the interest of undecideds who have turned to look at her and forgot about Obama's speech Thursday.
3. She excites the Republican base
4. She adds youthfulness to the ticket
5. She has fought CORRUPTION in her own party
6. She is not a divider (like Obama is).
7. She will appeal to some of the Hillary supporters who felt Obama turned their back on her.
8. She sticks that change motto right up Obama's a$$.
9. She is a very strong woman
10. She wasnt a conventional pick which peaked everyones interest.

All around, it was an amazing pick, and will do everything it was intended to do. I knew it was a good pick the minute you Dems got desperate and started attacking her.

McCain/Palin, The REAL change Washington needs in 08'!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:33 PM

Why are people worried about her experience???? I might be concerned if McCain died on the first day of presidency, but she can learn fast. And Obama has less experience than she does.....and HE IS ATOP THE TICKET!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:35 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I believe that there is something sinister in the choice of Palin, and its not just because they chose a political novice with little or no record and almost no experience outside of running Alaska for a mere 20 months, either.

While no way would McCain's handlers sacrifice him losing votes with their choice (clearly after the blue collar voters, women, and low information types with this selection of Palin) but if McCain were to croak, the corporatist's and neo-fascists who have held sway under Bush/Cheney would be presented with someone clueless enough to be told exactly what to do, just like Bush has been.

So, in this regard, I believe the move was also calculated to set the stage or regaining full control of government if John were to somehow fall out of favor.

If he becomes President I suggest he hire a food taster.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Because it shows that McCain is a maverick who is willing to transcend politics and think outside the box.

She is an amazing pick for several reason.

1. She really pi$$es off the Democrats who are overwhelmingly backing Obama

Why do you think it pisses me off? I'm not at all upset with his selection.

I just dont understand how she is the best qualified to step in for him and find it great theater to see how they can explain it.

Did you hear McCain on FOX? Said he had been folowing her career for "years and years", he followed her as Mayor of Wasilia Alaska?

Wow, he is a political junkie

Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 PM

A republican kitty!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:38 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,677,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
a republican kitty!
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections