Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gave the better speech
Sarah Palin 23 38.33%
Barack Obama 37 61.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 PM

62 posts, read 36,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
So who's speech was better???

GO PALIN!!!
BUSH speaks better.

She's a nasty little wench who had nothing to say but cheap insults. That and her voice is like nails on a blackboard.

I'd rather vote for Rosie ODonnell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,833,537 times
She read a pre-prepared attack speech that most of the country is going to expect her to hold herself up to. For the base it was what McCain needed. For the rest of the voters I think it might have been a strategic blunder. Why would anyone who is getting up to the minute vetting by the media try to call them out?

Little substance, lots of bark. The GOP thinks they can "hate" their way onto Pennsylvania Ave again.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,473,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
NO COMPITION

OBAMA was a lot better and Biden was a lot better

Bill was a lot better.
She is an attack dog, she attacked Obama 11 times she is going to be slaughtered at the VP debate.

I am sorry but i can not wait for that debate. I just want to see her pressured for the first time.
Oh please get over it!!!!!!!!!
She know pressure she did go against the good ole boy system as a woman in her own party don't you think she know pressure.

Hell just having teenagers gives you pressure beyond belief!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
She read a pre-prepared attack speech that most of the country is going to expect her to hold herself up to. For the base it was what McCain needed. For the rest of the voters I think it might have been a strategic blunder. Why would anyone who is getting up to the minute vetting by the media try to call them out?

Little substance, lots of bark. The GOP thinks they can "hate" their way onto Pennsylvania Ave again.
What you don't think obama doesn't!
Oh wait he just recycles speeches he has given!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Ask the MEN who went down because of he if she has "little substance"

Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,952,191 times
How can the 2 speeches be compared?

Obama's was intelligent, thought provoking and relevant to the issues we are all facing.

Palin's was nothing but a snarky mess of insults designed to be funny????

Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
What you don't think obama doesn't!
Oh wait he just recycles speeches he has given!
Speeches he has written (or had a hand in writing) about issues he believes in. This speech was admitely written weeks ago and re-tooled for Palin. How you guys are gushing when you haven't heard he remark on her own at all is beyond me.

Take away the attacks and we have two minutes on energy (with no solutions or even real ideas that aren't 20 yrs old) and a statement about being an advocate for special needs children.

How long do we wait before any substantive issue is addressed?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ask the MEN who went down because of he if she has "little substance"
Huh?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

571 posts, read 854,242 times
Quote:
Speeches he has written (or had a hand in writing) about issues he believes in. This speech was admitely written weeks ago and re-tooled for Palin. How you guys are gushing when you haven't heard he remark on her own at all is beyond me.

Take away the attacks and we have two minutes on energy (with no solutions or even real ideas that aren't 20 yrs old) and a statement about being an advocate for special needs children.

How long do we wait before any substantive issue is addressed?
Republicans don't like debating issues because they know they will always loose.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM

69 posts, read 166,913 times
I agree, I can't stand her annoying voice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections