Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,948 times

Advertisements

What is scary to me is that throughout this entire thread, I think I saw the name "McCain" about 3 or 4 times. You Palin fans do realize that she's not actually the one running for president right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 AM

474 posts, read 602,106 times
[quote=yodi711;5124808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

BTW, she did not write her speech and she'd have to be good speaker because after all, she won a beauty contest. So she can read a prompter...hip, hip, hooray!

quote]

Um, welcome to the real world...which politician writes their own speeches? Seriously, this is the left grasping for reasons to bash.

I can't wait to see Obama without a prompter!!!! It is going to be laughable...lots of umms and uhs...
I have seen Obama without prompters and that is exactly what he did uh ah uh. What about the way Obama's crew criticizes Palin's family and defends his "Princeton Grad, lawyer wife" from the public.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
What is scary to me is that throughout this entire thread, I think I saw the name "McCain" about 3 or 4 times. You Palin fans do realize that she's not actually the one running for president right?
Yeah, I realize she is running for Vice-President. Do you realize that is why Obama chose Joe Biden.....to be his Dick Cheney! He said he chose Joe Biden for his positions and experience in defense issues. So Obama will be the "dumb president" while Biden does his job? More of the same?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
But do you agree with her on the issues?
One time, one of my past (parochial school nuns) and I met for a few minutes and she whispered a name of a candidate in my ear. And I said, why Sister, I am surprised, the name you mentioned is the only pro-life candidate." Your candidate is big on abortion et cetera. She responded, "well sometimes you have to look at the wider social issues." So Palin might not be everything, but look at the wider picture. Palin is so good on many issues, we can forgive one or two. Do you realize that Obama has said on the O Reilly show " what's wrong with taking money from the rich and giving it to others?" something like that. Robin Hood? You and I are the ones he going to rob to meet the costs of his promises. "When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul." I think it is apalling.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 AM

[quoteF
quote]Friendly blogger;5208295]One election ago, one of my past (parochial school nuns) and I met for a few minutes and she whispered a name of a candidate in my ear. And I said, why Sister, I am surprised, the name you mentioned is a pro-choice candidate." Your candidate is big on abortion. et cetera. She responded, "well sometimes you have to look at the wider social issues." So Palin might not be everything, but look at the wider picture. Palin is so good on many issues, we can forgive one or two. Do you realize that Obama has said on the O Reilly show " what's wrong with taking money from the rich and giving it to others?" something like that. Robin Hood? You and I are the ones he is going to rob to meet the costs of his promises. "When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on support from Paul." I think it is apalling.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,831,670 times
Quote:
See how we can stay on topic?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Yeah, I realize she is running for Vice-President. Do you realize that is why Obama chose Joe Biden.....to be his Dick Cheney! He said he chose Joe Biden for his positions and experience in defense issues. So Obama will be the "dumb president" while Biden does his job? More of the same?
Nobody could ever be compared to Dick 'Vampire" Cheney!

Interesting that it is such common knowledge that Cheney was the one pulling the strings.

Obama chose Biden to balance out what he was lacking in foreign policy experience as opposed to McCain that chose or was forced to choose to win over right wing fanatics. Or maybe Palin has more aerial hunting experience than Cheney which made Ms. "Talks Out of Both Sides of Her Face" a good candidate.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,465,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
But I am beginning to admire her spunk and the strength she has and continues to exhibit.

You're kidding, right? Che Guevara showed "spunk and strength" in his lifetime, too.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,691,565 times
Quote:
Sure.. but
- this is a major (recent) decison made by McCain
- the much touted "family values" are coming up short
- she has not given ANY interview to an independent journalist
- McCain's mom is old but his dad died at 70- the chance of her being Pres is not remote
- anyone who is claims god is talking policy to them is a loon in my book - she fits the bill. Reminder - god talks to Ayatollah too.
- i sincerely believe Reps could have done much much better. McCain pandered and she is a reflection of that.

The pig is not pretty despite all the lipstick that has been put (do not take it literally).

Old 09-10-2008, 02:23 PM

532 posts, read 859,789 times
Thumbs down Good post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
She and McCain won't have my vote, but all of the slamming is getting old.

THere are things about her that I disagree with completely. But I am beginning to admire her spunk and the strength she has and continues to exhibit.
I haven't planned on voting for Mccain, but all of the anti-Palin ranting on here, turns me off, and causes me to admire her, even tho I don't agree with everything she says. The negative posts about her, really don't help the other side. So she is religious. Most Presidents, and vps have been. I don't think we've ever had an atheist President? I'm not catholic, but I didn't care that JFK was. I'm not baptist. but Carter was, and who cared. Most are some religion--so why does it matter if Palin is also religious. I don't see a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections