Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times

Advertisements

Mcgowdog, I love ya, but while IMHO Palin has generated a lot of sound and fury, but the real tale of the tape will emerge at the Biden/Palin debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 PM

303 posts, read 980,851 times
I appreciated and did enjoy the comparison chart! Reps for you!

By the way, the speech last night was one of the most moving and best speeches I have EVER heard.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
That's what I'm saying! I'm still honestly undecided who I'll vote for.

If McCain keels over dead tomorrow, I think I'm going for the Sarahcuda!

If not, Obama is still a possibility.

I want what's best for us, I really do.

My paranoid schizophrenic brother Chris says he's running for President. He says he'll take us to the Land of Milk and Honey! I may vote for him.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:00 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor 13 View Post
I appreciated and did enjoy the comparison chart! Reps for you!

By the way, the speech last night was one of the most moving and best speeches I have EVER heard.
That's ridiculous. What was her message? She said nothing. If this moved you more than any other speech in history, you need to get exposed to more of the world.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM

303 posts, read 980,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
That's ridiculous. What was her message? She said nothing. If this moved you more than any other speech in history, you need to get exposed to more of the world.
My,my my, afraid of her much Lookout kid?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
looks like the adultry rummor, is starting to get some legs.

OK in 5 days I have learned that:

She Kills animals illegally from a helicopter
She is involved in a corruption scandal with a state employee
She uses her special needs child for her advantage in photo ops
She has cut spending on special needs education in alaska by 62 percent in 2008
Her 17 year old daughter is pregnant
Most of the independents have a negative view of her
Hillary voters cant stand her
she wants to invade library's in Alaska and censor the book selection, removing books offensive to her.
she supported the BRIDGE TO NOWHERE

She cant write her own speech for the convention.
She has only been out of the USA one time in her entire life.

Yes this is a fantastic pic....Thank you John Sidney McCain, you have sealed the deal. In 2 weeks, this could get quite juicy. Im wetting my pants looking forward to her facing Biden

Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
It's not just fear. It's anger. Resentment. How dare those Republicans pull this out again! I feel sorry for them, I really do.

Now I find this to be a pretty liberal forum. There's some good old conservative forums out in Missouri and the wife told me they have a few Democrats on there. She said they came in today and conceeded that they're voting for McCain because of her.

Either way, people are talking. And some have the ... what do you even call it?... to come in here and say she said nothing!

Nothing? Really? Then why are you coming in here and responding to it?

We are totally priviledged that McCain is serving this country and answering the call of duty. He is so over-qualified to do this and probably too old, but he is so over-the-top what a humble serve-your country and others first- get off your arse and go-to-work you lazy godless hippie victims... It's no wonder those opposing him hate him.

Why should we put up with a gov't that's gonna force us to get off the couch, roll up our sleeves and go to work when we can sit back and complain how W. and all the GOP has ruined us and this nation? It's so much easier to sit back and be a victim. It's so much easier to bad-mouth our country and its leaders. The people are not responsible.

I don't know about y'all, but I got a job. I'm doing pretty ok. I've buckled down and I've continued to pay the bills, go to work, pay my gas bill, eat and feed the family, kept a roof over our head, wash my old clothes and wear them over now and again, and I've had enough left over to tip 20% plus, buy a friend lunch here and there, have family over for dinner, and pray for my country and our service men and women over there in an unpopular war.

Other nations still want what we have. They take a shot at us once in a while. They've stole some jobs from us. But they can't afford to watch us slow down too much. It might be contagious.

Bottom line; did McCain give the nation the economic plan that they wanted? No. He said get off your ass and get to work. Don't ask to be served. Go serve somebody. See that's a spiritual concept. That Carpenter would have said the same kind of thing. But when we're serving others, we really are fed.

You want more specifics? You want a President or a Micro-Manager?

Here's some specifics; McSame. Change. Free Healthcare for you and me. Go to the caves in Afganistan and Pakistan and kill Obama-er Osama Bin Laden. Equal jobs for equal pay for women. We're gonna address all of the needs for all of the special groups. Oh, and we'll also cut taxes. Is that specific enough?

And there was something really missing from McCain's speech tonight. He didn't slam the media whatsoever. All I've heard from y'all and the media is b!#ch P!$s and Moan! Now let's hear how Sarah Palin is the Devil. Bring it on. She's ready for Biden. Anytime, any place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections