Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:34 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,484 times

Advertisements

I've heard some talk of the candidates possibly taking a break from campaigning out of respect for the 7th anniversary of 9/11.

I say we all call a truce that day on this board out of remembrance for that tragic day. After all, regardless of our differences, we are all Americans and we were/are heartbroken over those events.

My suggestion would be that we only make posts that help us look to ways to find common ground b/t the 2 parties...after all, we'll all still be here after the new POTUS takes office...so better to work together to make the best of it regardless of who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 04:36 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I've heard some talk of the candidates possibly taking a break from campaigning out of respect for the 7th anniversary of 9/11.

I say we all call a truce that day on this board out of remembrance for that tragic day. After all, regardless of our differences, we are all Americans and we were/are heartbroken over those events.

My suggestion would be that we only make posts that help us look to ways to find common ground b/t the 2 parties...after all, we'll all still be here after the new POTUS takes office...so better to work together to make the best of it regardless of who wins.
I'm down. I'll be at ground zero drinking on that day like i always am.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
We don't need a truce! We need TV ads all day reminding people that it has been 7 years and Ben Laden is still on the loose because the Republicans had other priorities.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We don't need a truce! We need TV ads all day reminding people that it has been 7 years and Ben Laden is still on the loose because the Republicans had other priorities.
Hell yeah! I say we need a national outcry for justice! Open the books up on 911, get to real root of the whole thing! Let's make Bush's presidency really go out with a bang.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

Good luck with that.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,969,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
I'm down. I'll be at ground zero drinking on that day like i always am.
Nice - wish I could still do that - moved into Manhattan from NJ in 11/01, but moved to FL in 12/02.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,889,989 times
Quote:
Yes they did, protecting your butt from any more attacks. Like The great GW says, have you seen Ben Laden leading any parades lately?
Great man, great president, you lose again...

Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,463,245 times
I think that is a great idea...it is the least we can do to show respect to those that were lost or injured in this terrorist strike, as well as those that gave so much to try and rescue those in need.

We were invited to a social event next week, on 9/11 and we sent regrets. I asked my husband how ANYONE could plan something on that day when I think it should be a reflective day for all of us...will be for me as long as I live.

I have been to ground zero and cried like a baby. The friend I went with (both of us our first time there) and I are nurses working together the day the attack occurred at a military hospital. It has changes our lives forever in ways beyond those any civilian could probably understand. We both were moved beyond words to be able to finally go and pay our respects several years later.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,282,915 times
Quote:
It's bin Laden. That fool may still be on the loose but as Donn said, we have been protected from more of the same nuttiness, and I truly believe GW had no choice but to do what he did. If he hadn't, everyone would be crying that he was a chicken.

Out of my craziness, I often wish Girly Gore would have won just to see what he would have done with 9-11, but we'll never know.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Yes they did, protecting your butt from any more attacks. Like The great GW says, have you seen Ben Laden leading any parades lately?
Great man, great president, you lose again...
This has to be the first time in five years I have heard the words "great" and "GW" in the same sentence together. And having them side by side, man that's just plain crazy! But hey, to each his own right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections