Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,669,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If you want endless war, a crap economy, high gas prices, soaring deficits then vote for another republican.

Can't say you haven't had eight years of being "warned".
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower53072 View Post
I thought Bush wouldn't win
Your party doesn't know how to run a candidate that is more moderate than extreme. That is why you keep losing.

That, and the fact that you let Hollywood elite speak for you....in addition to people like Michael Moore.

The real America hates people like this...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 PM

69 posts, read 166,814 times
You hit it exactly on the head SLC

Old 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Lightbulb Obama WILL Win in November...

I expect Obama to win, but it will be close. What won't be close will be the congressional races. I think the dems will gain a lot in both the house and the senate.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Question Going Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
Your party doesn't know how to run a candidate that is more moderate than extreme. That is why you keep losing.

That, and the fact that you let Hollywood elite speak for you....in addition to people like Michael Moore.

The real America hates people like this...

Are you referring to the likes of Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Fred Thompson?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If you want endless war, a crap economy, high gas prices, soaring deficits then vote for another republican.

Can't say you haven't had eight years of being "warned".
It is surprising at how many people do not care about the real issues.. they just care more about the good ole boy club and and the 3 g's gun's god and gays...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
It is surprising at how many people do not care about the real issues.. they just care more about the good ole boy club and and the 3 g's gun's god and gays...
Maybe they could get a great twofer this time around: Gays who own guns = Bad for America's image.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,870,930 times
I'd like Obama to win, but I don't think he necessarily will.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,705,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Obama will win in November. It will be pretty close, and by no means a landslide, but without a doubt Obama will take the '08 election. McCain is putting up a pretty good fight considering the way his party has done over the past years, but in my opinion, both parties are taking this election to the personal level way to much. Not only through the ads and propaganda, but also through the forum here, and elsewhere.

This is why I will be stepping out of the politics forum. Politics is just that, debating the issue, not personal attacks or flame wars against a person, a party, or a political position. Reading these past few days I've seen nothing but hate and new lows from BOTH sides regarding the candidates and their VP's. Enough is enough.

Oh well, politics divides people more than national boundaries or religions ever could. Which is why I will no longer participate in politics here or elsewhere. Good luck to those who wish to continue the uphill battle that Republicans face. And Democrats, remember not to get too high up on that horse, because even the mightiest of horses can fall victim to the smallest of rocks.
The media and leftist blogs arent the ones deciding this election. Sorry.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,700,637 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008

But remember some people are incredibly weak and listen and believe what American media tells them! Fight hard, vote for a real change! Bush is not running- the man who ran nothing ever! Is ahead in the polls! Wake up America- Vote wisely! Go with a change ---McCain/Palin 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
The media and leftist blogs arent the ones deciding this election. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections