Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:17 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,140 times

Advertisements

Bush is running, as McBush + Bush in high heels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Bush is running, as McBush + Bush in high heels
Blah blah.....old argument. Its not even a valid one.

Get a new punchline.

I am still trying to figure out how to properly combine Obama and Pelosi (since they both are the most liberal at what they do).

Obamalosi?
Pelama?
Obampelo?

Still havent found that right name, but I will get back to you when I do figure it out.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,561,140 times
It is valid.
McBush is a fear mongering neocon like Bush.
Bush in high heels is a fundie far right nutjob like Bush.

But its no wonder you can't figure out stuff.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/5134797-post8.html

Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,036,805 times
This thread as erupted into the very thing I was ranting against! Wow..I think this only further proves my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
This is the first "I'm leaving" post I have ever seen in the city-data forums.
It isn't really an "I'm Leaving" post (maybe leaving the P&OC forum though?). More like my own version of an election prediction.

And for the record, I suspect McCain will catch Obama in the popular vote, but Obama controls the states where large cities dominate the particular state (Washington, California, New York, etc.). And quite frankly, McCain can't compete with that.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Obama WILL Win in November..

I agree. But it will be close. And under almost any other circumstances, McCain would probably beat Obama badly in a presidential contest. But the country has been driven so far into the ditch that the electorate is desperate for a new and different driver.

Thank you, George w Bush!

You've set the table for a new sheriff in town!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
It is surprising at how many people do not care about the real issues.. they just care more about the good ole boy club and and the 3 g's gun's god and gays...
I care about guns and the fact that Obama would like to take them away. That alone IMO is costing him a lot of votes. There are a lot of liberals I know that carry concealed weapons and are ticked that Obama is so far left on the issue.

As far as God, I have my relationship with him, I don't care to see it dragged into politics.

As far as gays, personally I find it a sin, but hey, somebody might think I'm doing something that they consider a sin and I think its okay. Really I don't care. The govt shouldn't be involved in the gay issue. That being said, not all Dems support gay marraige. Even Obama refuses to say he supports "marriage" but instead a civil union. Regardless, I don't think it should even be a topic. Maybe we could talk about feeding hungry people in our country instead. That would be my preference.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,832 times
According to the RCP average, Obama lost another 15% of his lead from yesterday.

Pretty much, the little bounce he enjoyed from the DNC, is GONE.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM

399 posts, read 554,926 times
Personally why do guns need to be legal? Seriously as if you don't hear enough how kids steal their parents guns and shoot their classmates.

One or two scandals is enough to cause media damage for years. Why not have safer alternatives like mace, shock guns, I don't know. Something that doesn't require a bullet killing a person. Tranqualizers? Idk. Get creative.

Mccain is a third bush term.
I like Palin's speech, but she's too extreme. Kind of hypocritical.

Obama is the only chance for the country to rise up, I mean is America smart enough to vote DEMS this year to maybe give our country a chance?
Well my expectations are low, BUSH DID win the second term. Which proves the stupidity of American people.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
According to the RCP average, Obama lost another 15% of his lead from yesterday.

Pretty much, the little bounce he enjoyed from the DNC, is GONE.

You might want to recheck your "facts".

Campaign 2008

Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Personally why do guns need to be legal? Seriously as if you don't hear enough how kids steal their parents guns and shoot their classmates.

One or two scandals is enough to cause media damage for years. Why not have safer alternatives like mace, shock guns, I don't know. Something that doesn't require a bullet killing a person. Tranqualizers? Idk. Get creative.

Mccain is a third bush term.
I like Palin's speech, but she's too extreme. Kind of hypocritical.

Obama is the only chance for the country to rise up, I mean is America smart enough to vote DEMS this year to maybe give our country a chance?
Well my expectations are low, BUSH DID win the second term. Which proves the stupidity of American people.
I suggest you read the Constitution. If you did, you'd realize your right to open your fat yap, and spew your anti-American "opinion", is also a guaranteed right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections