Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:50 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a debate between Hillary and Palin rather than Biden and Palin? I wonder if youtube or somewhere else could set it up so that on the debate night Hillary gets wired in to the Internet and we could see what she would have said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 02:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,553,962 times
Not relevant to the election since Hillary was not chosen by Obama - Hillary's not in the race - Biden is. Just questioning the relevancy of the comment.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,983 times
Palin would win.

Hillary is pretty much a worthless senator. And she comes across as unlikeable.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Yeah, I'm an Obama/Biden supporter but I don't think that sort of debate would be fair. Hillary doesn't have anything to do with it right now since she's not running.

I DO look forward to the debates...Biden v. Palin will be fun enough to watch.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,676 times
I agree its a "none issue" but if it took place Hillary while sleeping would destroy Palin.

Palin offer's nothing by Neocon ideology . Biden better take his gloves off and show it during the debate and tear her up.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:56 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, I'm an Obama/Biden supporter but I don't think that sort of debate would be fair. Hillary doesn't have anything to do with it right now since she's not running.

I DO look forward to the debates...Biden v. Palin will be fun enough to watch.
--------------

Palin is the female version of Dick Cheney I hope the Dem's show it and show it constantly.

NO FREE PASS for Palin.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Hillary would win, but it may not matter.

She owned Obama in every debate, yet those attracted to his "X" factor fawned over him (even though his answers were usually, "I agree with Hillary, but I'm not Hillary and I am a new guy so vote for me...")

Sorry Palin, you're great and all, but Hillary knows her sh*t better than anyone else out there right now. It's sucha shame watching her hold Obama's hand across the finish line.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Palin would win.

Hillary is pretty much a worthless senator. And she comes across as unlikeable.
Likeability does not make a debate winner. Clinton would wipe the floor with her in an unscripted debate. She has more experience with all aspects of the POTUS office. Palin is a decent speaker (she uses short sentences like Bush to not sound stupid.....like Bush), is cuter but lacks the actual substance of a leader. Clinton is the actual pitbull.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Not relevant to the election since Hillary was not chosen by Obama - Hillary's not in the race - Biden is. Just questioning the relevancy of the comment.
I said it would be interesting to see what Hillary's responses would be. I don't think it's necessarily relevant to the election, but relevant to the discussions on Palin's qualifications to serve. Throughout the Democratic nomination we saw polls that felt that Hillary was well-qualified, she lost for other reasons. The Republicans claim that Palin is well-qualified, so it would be interesting to see how two well-qualified female candidates from the opposition camps compare on their views.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:09 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,450,912 times
Oh to have been a fly on the wall in Hillary's presence when Palin was named as the V/P choice....I bet she was dancing with glee!!! She KNOWS that Bubba HO screwed up when it was announced, and now so does Dumbo!!!

Don't think for a moment that once the election is over and the GOP has won that Ms H won't let Bubba know WHY he is as washed up as John Kerry!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections