Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Just proves why McCain is ahead in the polls in the south; the confederate states with their racist past still have a great deal of racism left over to deal with. In contrast, Iowa is 95% white yet Obama is well ahead there in the polls.
I'm sorry but white people in the south deal with racial issues everyday. I'll bet there are plenty of people in Iowa who have never even seen a black person (except on TV).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
If you go through threads on here there are also lots of places up north with the same condition....

Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh, come on, people, GET A GRIP!!! I grew up in the south and southwest, and "uppity" was a word used frequently which means nothing more than that someone is putting on airs -- it is NOT an adjective reserved for black people!

Sometimes, this forum just gets TOO stupid.
You're right. "Uppity" means the same thing as "stuck up", and it is also commonly applied to white people.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,329,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
An heiress beats an albatross any day.
Especially when she's not disfigured and handicapped like your first wife!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Especially when she's not disfigured and handicapped like your first wife!!!

I am not sure that is why McCain left Carol. Allegedly, she was no angel either. McCain was certainly handicapped as well by his years at Hanoi Hilton. No doubt also emotionally and psychologically. Noone outside a marriage can ever know the complete story between two people and a breakup. To suppose one knows otherwise is unfairly judgmental and just plain ignorant. Besides being unduly snoopy and gossip seeking. Get a life. What is done is done, the event was over 30 years ago. They evidently remain good friends to this day. Let it rest.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,862,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
And will that be your attitude when Gov Palin is skewered. Will you be just as disgusted when the sexism card is thrown down? Just wondering?
News flash. The libs are already playing the sexism card. Sally Quinn that brainiac of the left is throwing her best cards. She is quite the fool.

It's not l958, and the word uppity is just a word. Use it if you want, don't use it if you chose not to. Be part of the outraged at everything left and be laughed at.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Well, aren't you just a little Sherlock?
Tee hee, that was funny!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Maybe his second wife could be better...like an heiress?
No, just not so crabby and pissed off at everything. At least Cindy looks as if she isn't a royal pain in the arse who complains, whines and cries UNFAIR at the drop of a hat. I actually feel sorry for Barry. Eeeegads! The thought of waking up to that thing every morning. Frightening.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:53 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I am not sure that is why McCain left Carol. Allegedly, she was no angel either. McCain was certainly handicapped as well by his years at Hanoi Hilton. No doubt also emotionally and psychologically. Noone outside a marriage can ever know the complete story between two people and a breakup. To suppose one knows otherwise is unfairly judgmental and just plain ignorant. Besides being unduly snoopy and gossip seeking. Get a life. What is done is done, the event was over 30 years ago. They evidently remain good friends to this day. Let it rest.
Thank you for saying this! As someone who went through a divorce, and I'm sure many here have also, I just want to reiterate that marriage and divorce is already very complicated even for ordinary people leading ordinary lives -- add to that captivity and torture over 5 long years, and a motor vehicle accident resulting in severe injuries -- these two suffered a lot and it is really none of our business and certainly not our place to pretend to know who is the bad guy. People hurt each other -- sometimes they don't mean to, sometimes they do, but usually outsiders will not be in a position to discern the difference.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:56 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
No, just not so crabby and pissed off at everything. At least Cindy looks as if she isn't a royal pain in the arse who complains, whines and cries UNFAIR at the drop of a hat. I actually feel sorry for Barry. Eeeegads! The thought of waking up to that thing every morning. Frightening.
Bwahahahaaaaaa!!! I know! Michelle is freaking FRIGHTENING! I feel so sorry for Obama sometimes. I think he's henpecked. I mean, I admire him for marrying a black woman, for marrying someone with whom he shares his ideals, for marrying a highly educated woman who is strong -- but did he have to marry someone who is so mean and strident? Yowza. Maybe she softens up when she's out of the glare of the camera . . . He must love her just the way she is, and that's fine for him. I just wish that for US, she could be easier on the eyes and ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections