Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,499,887 times

Advertisements

The Liberal media is trying to put up a blinder for the anniversory of America's darkest day in a vain effort to protect their Messiah, Barack Obama.

The word "Terrorism" wasn't used ONE TIME during the entire Demoncrat Convention, but that doesn't mean 9/11 didn't happen.

YouTube - 9/11: Remembering the Jumpers [Edit 1]

YouTube - 9/11: South Tower Collapse (ABC Live)

Here's how I feel about it:

"They took all the footage off my tv. They said "It's too disturbing" for you
and me. It'll just breed anger - that's what the experts say. If it was up to me I'd show it everyday. Some say this country's just looking for a fight. After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right.

Have you forgotten - how it felt that day - to see your homeland under fire and her people blow away

YouTube - Have You Forgotten?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
I'm not surprised. Even shortly after it happened, the mainstream media was showing unwillingness to play certain footage.

What is emblazened on my brain is the image of people jumping out the windows of those tall, tall buildings. I have a terror of heights. I do not even like to look out the window in a 4 story building, much less jump from the top of a skyscraper, even if there were fire at my back.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,282,274 times
Haven't forgotten. Some prefer to not keep opening the sores on people who are still trying to heal from this tradgedy. Some people are personally hurt by these things.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The Liberal media is trying to put up a blinder for the anniversory of America's darkest day in a vain effort to protect their Messiah, Barack Obama.

The word "Terrorism" wasn't used ONE TIME during the entire Demoncrat Convention, but that doesn't mean 9/11 didn't happen.

YouTube - 9/11: Remembering the Jumpers [Edit 1]

YouTube - 9/11: South Tower Collapse (ABC Live)

Here's how I feel about it:

"They took all the footage off my tv. They said "It's too disturbing" for you
and me. It'll just breed anger - that's what the experts say. If it was up to me I'd show it everyday. Some say this country's just looking for a fight. After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right.

Have you forgotten - how it felt that day - to see your homeland under fire and her people blow away

YouTube - Have You Forgotten?
Nope haven't forgotten.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Haven't forgotten. Some prefer to not keep opening the sores on people who are still trying to heal from this tradgedy. Some people are personally hurt by these things.
Well said. And compassionate conservatism is yet again proven an oxymoron.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM

YouTube - Sad and disturbing 9/11 call.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,889,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
You are not going to make us forget, so you can give up now.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,918,682 times
It probably has to do with there contracts for ads. Companies don't want there products being associated with such a horrific event. If they cant get ad time in for money, they don't air the material. Journalism died years ago. Its been taken over by advertisers and miss-management.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
You are not going to make us forget, so you can give up now.
No one will ever make you forget. It is better for you not to force it on others. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
It probably has to do with there contracts for ads. Companies don't want there products being associated with such a horrific event. If they cant get ad time in for money, they don't air the material. Journalism died years ago. Its been taken over by advertisers and miss-management.
What happen to reporting the news AS IT IS?

The bottom line is Liberals are glad the 3,000 Americans went through a living hell on 9/11 because they view America as the source of evil in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections