Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times

Advertisements

I have no doubt that this will cost the Republicans the election. Very stupid decision. There are so many more qualified people out there, even Bobby Jindal would have been MUCH better. Another reason to support my idea that the Republican party is in crisis. Just today, I read 3 articles about new allegations agains Palin, whoever chose this woman screwed up big time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
Actually it was a perfect political move giving the the lead and MO to the GOP at a point when the messiah was supposed to be walkin away with the race

poor obama

Old 09-14-2008, 10:54 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have no doubt that this will cost the Republicans the election. Very stupid decision. There are so many more qualified people out there, even Bobby Jindal would have been MUCH better. Another reason to support my idea that the Republican party is in crisis. Just today, I read 3 articles about new allegations agains Palin, whoever chose this woman screwed up big time!

And not picking Hillary may have cost Obama the election...

IMHO: both Dems and Reps are in crisis. My wish: either they reform, or we get rid of both of them! They have split the country in two, with no end in sight. The independents should have a shot at running the WH...

Bud

Old 09-14-2008, 10:58 AM

30 posts, read 38,691 times
I concur with the OP. There are many more qualified individuals, many of whom are women, who would have been better choices. Palin's closet is so full of skeletons the door can't be closed!

Nevertheless, Palin has clearly energized some Republicans. Unfortunately those people are being emotional instead of rational (or they are relying on mainstream media sources so are ignorant of all of the facts), so their enthusiasm is built upon a house of cards.

How this will play out politically is anyone's guess.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:01 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPaleocon View Post
I concur with the OP. There are many more qualified individuals, many of whom are women, who would have been better choices. Palin's closet is so full of skeletons the door can't be closed!
Well, if you're going to apply this standard, then why did the Dems throw over those with the most experience to put OBAMA at the TOP of their ticket?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 AM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Thanks for your concerns?
News flash, the GOP isn't supposed to win this election. They have handed the 08 election to the Dems, the Dems can't close the deal.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:13 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPaleocon View Post
I Palin's closet is so full of skeletons the door can't be closed!
The vast majority of the those "skeletons" are nothing more than halloween costumes the democrats are trying to dress her up in.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:19 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Here is a post that i have put on another thread. One reason why Palin will not gel with McCain if they are elected.
At the Moment Palin and McCain are joint at the hip and harmonious. Much is being made about how tough they both are and how they both go their own way on policies. If They are elected into office it will not be long before they start to clash on many issues. McCain will want to be the commander in chief and so will Sarah Palin. This "Marriage in Heaven" will quickly be annulled and a "bitter divorce" will be inevitable. The problem is that this will happen after they have hoodwinked the nation into voting for them. The Nation will end up like children in the middle of a bitter parents struggle for power. They are both too similar and both power crazy...it can't work. There are only one pair of trousers to be worn and they both want to wear them.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:32 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Mistake? It depends - if McCain wins but dies during his term, this will be a huge mistake. If he is healthy, it may be ok. If he is elected, the entire country - maybe even the world - will pray for McCain's good health

Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Political commentators [both Republican & Democrat] agree that the luster of Palin's ["down-to-earth hockey mom"] is wearing off & Americans are looking at her background with concerns. Even GOP writer, David Brooks said on PBS that Palin has "peaked" & unless something major happens between now & Nov. 4th that Obama will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections