Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:04 AM

127 posts, read 222,003 times

Advertisements

Obama's ad on his economic plan:

Barack Obama | Change We Need | Barack Economy Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,736,899 times
There's nothing unique in his plan other than taxes going through the roof.

Why are people voting for this bozo again?

Old 09-19-2008, 06:34 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,688,351 times
His plan will put me out of business and lay off every employee I have.
Massive layoffs will come. Save your money folks.
But then again, he is going back to Illinois to screw it up some more anyway.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
His plan will put me out of business and lay off every employee I have.
Massive layoffs will come. Save your money folks.
But then again, he is going back to Illinois to screw it up some more anyway.
UGGHH!!! No thanks!! Speaking as an Illinois resident - please send him to one of the other 56 states!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,919,661 times
ill wipe my ass with his $1000 back. i have friends with familys that need jobs from tax cuts.

This is the very basics for job creation
YouTube - Response to Obama, 5: Tax Rates and Job Creation

Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 AM

127 posts, read 222,003 times
I would like to know what Bush's lowering of the capital gains tax rate has done for the stock market or the economy lately?

If the rate is reduced some, it may make the market drop a little for a short time, but it will recover. People will not stop investing in stocks because of a small tax rate increase.

The tax rate was 28% for many years before Bush cut it and the market climbed overall.

Obama won't be raising the rate on small businesses.

I'm sick of Republicans saying Obama is going to raise taxes. What a distortion of the facts. Taxes will be raised for people with incomes of $250,000 or more - a minute portion of the population. The vast majority of us will see a decrease in our taxes under Obama's plan.

The Republican lies and distortions will backfire on them.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 AM

89,201 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
ill wipe my ass with his $1000 back. i have friends with familys that need jobs from tax cuts.

This is the very basics for job creation
YouTube - Response to Obama, 5: Tax Rates and Job Creation
Excellent analysis in the video! Why don't people understand this?

Old 09-19-2008, 07:10 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,688,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbums2 View Post
I would like to know what Bush's lowering of the capital gains tax rate has done for the stock market or the economy lately?

If the rate is reduced some, it may make the market drop a little for a short time, but it will recover. People will not stop investing in stocks because of a small tax rate increase.

The tax rate was 28% for many years before Bush cut it and the market climbed overall.

Obama won't be raising the rate on small businesses.

I'm sick of Republicans saying Obama is going to raise taxes. What a distortion of the facts. Taxes will be raised for people with incomes of $250,000 or more - a minute portion of the population. The vast majority of us will see a decrease in our taxes under Obama's plan.

The Republican lies and distortions will backfire on them.

REVENUES WENT OUT THE ROOF UNDER BUSH.

I am sick of liberals being so stupid to think he wont raise taxes on us. He will raise all taxes, called hidden taxes so make up for your lack of knowing about them, everything under the sun will be taxed even more.

And, who cares about taxes when of the country wont have a pay to check to buy anything under his plan.

His 250k plan is a bogus well planned scam and you are falling for it.

Obama has NEVER voted against a single tax hike, ever.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,619,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
REVENUES WENT OUT THE ROOF UNDER BUSH.

I am sick of liberals being so stupid to think he wont raise taxes on us. He will raise all taxes, called hidden taxes so make up for your lack of knowing about them, everything under the sun will be taxed even more.

And, who cares about taxes when of the country wont have a pay to check to buy anything under his plan.

His 250k plan is a bogus well planned scam and you are falling for it.

Obama has NEVER voted against a single tax hike, ever.
We've lost 600,000 jobs is the last few months. We have folks living in tent cities by the traintracks. We have over 9.4 Million people unemployed. Perhaps you can explain what continuing President Bush's plan which is now Senator McCain's plan will do? If it hasn't worked for 8 years, why will it work now? Doesn't the math show an exponential increase in our current problems? Does the Senator have a single new idea to address the problems he has helped create? Show us an example of his leadership on economic issues that served the common citizen.

Just give us a list of ten things the Senator has done for the Average Citizen.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:19 AM

9,385 posts, read 14,340,370 times
We have galloped towards a command economy system, like ancient Egypt or, more recently, the Soviet Union.

The Bush adminstration has started it through monetary policy, McCain or Obama will continue with that, and Obama would finish the gallop to the goal line through fiscal policy.

The monster has two heads, but the body is one.

Welcome to the new high-tech ancient Egypt, hail to the new pharaohs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections