Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,154,199 times

Advertisements

Seeking to Lower Debate Expectations, McCain Praises Obama's 'Eloquence' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Quote:
For more than a week, his senior advisers have been traveling with him on the campaign plane, and parts of the afternoons have been set aside for debate practice.

McCain aides have steadfastly refused to say whether they have chosen a stand-in for Obama for the practice sessions.
That's easy. Is there a black guy on the plane?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:53 PM

663 posts, read 1,863,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Yes, maybe a bodyguard or low-level news reporter. McCain might stand a chance with a black guy like that.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,154,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
Yes, maybe a bodyguard or low-level news reporter. McCain might stand a chance with a black guy like that.
A friend asked the other day, how hard would it be for Obama to get McCain flustered enough to pop out the "n" word? I don't imagine it would happen, but it would be an epic moment in tv history, like watching a President get shot.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,813 times
Quote:
A friend asked the other day, how hard would it be for Obama to get McCain flustered enough to pop out the "n" word? I don't imagine it would happen, but it would be an epic moment in tv history, like watching a President get shot.
Don't talk like this - you're getting my hopes up.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,760,455 times
Quote:
I think McCain is far above that..but the thought has crossed my mind as well as he has a pretty bad temper.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,579 times
Since it is going to be on foreign policy Obama has been working with Jimmy Carter on how to appease our enemies who want to kill us.

Obama has 3,000 advisers talking in his ear all day long, what does that tell you?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
So what if he did do this, would many of you say it is racist to do so?
Probably would I believe.

Where is Obama going to fine a hero like McCain, since he has no friends in the military either to stand in for him.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Since it is going to be on foreign policy Obama has been working with Jimmy Carter on how to appease our enemies who want to kill us.

Obama has 3,000 advisers talking in his ear all day long, what does that tell you?
That after the debate he wants to dance on McCain's grave after he buries him? I mean, really, what does McCain have to bring to the table? What is he going to say. We should continue to fight a war against a country that didn't blow up our buildings and the he sings a couple of bars of "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran"?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That after the debate he wants to dance on McCain's grave after he buries him? I mean, really, what does McCain have to bring to the table? What is he going to say. We should continue to fight a war against a country that didn't blow up our buildings and the he sings a couple of bars of "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran"?

Going back to this issue? Wow.

Sorry to tell you this but McCain wants out of Iraq the same as you and I and will be the one to get the job done.

Now, speaking of wars, Obama wants to fight with Pakistan and Afghanistan at the same time. So now what do you say?

Obama will probably need meds after this debate. If you have not noticed on most major issues McCain has been dead right on and Obama dead wrong on, a few days later Obama flip flops to say the same thing McCain said.

Obama needs to listen so he can learn.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 PM

663 posts, read 1,863,507 times
Quote:
I think all it would take is for the camera to catch him mouthing the "n" word through his clenched teeth ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections