Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,869,255 times

Advertisements

Where is Palin? Biden is on MSNBC talking about the debate.....wouldn't you think McCain's VP running mate would give some feedback re the debate as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,218,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I may have to disagree with you here (without having your experience that you've asserted here). One thing I notice very quickly - How willing is a person to attack another through eye contact. Who will level a charge directly, and look you in the eye when they do it. This Senator Obama won hands down.
Here is what I saw as far as body language.

Obama shifted fairly often, more so than I am used to seeing. While he did make eye contact which is extremely important, he also made his objections in a tone about an octave lower than he needed to.

Notice when McCain disagreed how he displayed on his face a very dismissive look like he was talking to a child? While I see it for what it is as I was listening intently to the words and content, but many people look at the facial expressions more than listening. It gave me the impression that Obama was being talked down to during the foreign policy portion, and even though I actually agree with Obama's positions in this area, he lost me.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Where is Palin? Biden is on MSNBC talking about the debate.....wouldn't you think McCain's VP running mate would give some feedback re the debate as well?
She probably is attending the baby... finally

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,762,765 times
LOL, do you guys find it funny how the McCainiacs declared the blowout victory for McCain at the beginning of this thread. By reading what they were saying, you would think Obama did HORRIBLE. lol

Old 09-26-2008, 09:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,631,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Here is what I saw as far as body language.

Obama shifted fairly often, more so than I am used to seeing. While he did make eye contact which is extremely important, he also made his objections in a tone about an octave lower than he needed to.

Notice when McCain disagreed how he displayed on his face a very dismissive look like he was talking to a child? While I see it for what it is as I was listening intently to the words and content, but many people look at the facial expressions more than listening. It gave me the impression that Obama was being talked down to during the foreign policy portion, and even though I actually agree with Obama's positions in this area, he lost me.
Interesting. I'm a pacer, soo I look at the initial outset of the rebuttal, then I stroll and Ignore everything else so I can think and listen. I'm certain there's a breakdown for my behavior (PM it to me..lol)

Now you'll have me listening more intently to inflect and modulation....~sigh. I guess I do it now to a point in my practice, just hadn't made a conscience effort at acknowledging this before.

Interesting.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:35 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,594,170 times
All the network polls say Obama won the debate

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
it is ludicrous that we continue to underwrite Iraq's economy.
On this we fundamentally agree.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Once again, Notoriously absent.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:51 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,869,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
On this we fundamentally agree.

You mean "fungably" agree....

I still like that word...

Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,218,541 times
Quote:
We are talking about Sarah Palin right? (chuckling)

I think they have her playing hearts with Dick in the bunker. Anywhere but near a microphone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections