Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,208,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Her problem isn't the questions asked but the answers she is suppose to give.
I think she's suffering from information overload. It reinforces my thoughts that she's crammed too much into her head. These are things she's never had to think about before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 02:31 PM

874 posts, read 2,774,856 times
Quote:

YouTube - Sarah Palin: "What does a VP do?"

the above is an interview with Larry Kudlow and Sarah on I believe July 31. It is very telling about Troopergate and her understanding at that time about what the VP does. The link below is shorter and is just the VP job part of her response to Kudlow. The first one is longer and full of insight. She answers tough questions from Kudlow fluently and comfortably. It is however prior to her having a team of handlers. Then she was in charge of what she thought and what was going on, and now is she?

YouTube - Sarah Palin Interview: What does the VP do?
It seems that she was very comfortable and confident in this interview and this is the Sarah Palin that McCain should have stuck with instead of trying to shape her into his image. He constantly mentions that she is a maverick and took on her party but it appears as if she has got to stick with talking points that the campaign has told her and not stray. Her answers in the interview with Katie Couric were strange and I think that whole Alaska is right next to Russia thing is something that the McCain campaign started tooting first and she just has to ride with it no matter how foolish it makes her look. Not only has he dumbed her down for the public IMO, he has also jeapordized her political career in the future if they do not win the White House.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:34 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,136,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
And she still hasn't deleivered to Katie the answers she promised to deliver.

She's a war pig. She had an affair. Her unwed teenage daughter is pregnant. She supported th bridge to nowhere before she opposed it. She built the road to nowhere for 26 million. She refuses to testify at the hearing she said she supported. She abused her office. She charges rape victims for the rape test kit. And she produced a semi-retarded child. Retard is in her DNA.

Great Chice Johnboy. You crippled loser.
People using this kind of language are usually supporting the other ticket. Please feel free to join them.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:37 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,422,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Yes, she is. All the candidates are. She doesn't deserve a pass here just because she's inexperienced and nervous. Sorry.
Excuse me, I didn't realize the concept would be so easily misunderstood...

The other three have been in cesspool politics for a long time. They're no longer regular people... they're humans that have been covered in crap so long the scent no longer bothers them. Palin hasn't been desensitized to that scent yet.

Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
True story, happened today. I was downtown picking up yard signs for the Udall campaign here in Colorado and a street person walked up and started speaking to me in disjointed, run-on, sentence fragments, JUST LIKE PALIN DOES.
Did he pass out any Dept. of Peace weed?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:37 PM

31,698 posts, read 41,173,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
It seems that she was very comfortable and confident in this interview and this is the Sarah Palin that McCain should have stuck with instead of trying to shape her into his image. He constantly mentions that she is a maverick and took on her party but it appears as if she has got to stick with talking points that the campaign has told her and not stray. Her answers in the interview with Katie Couric were strange and I think that whole Alaska is right next to Russia thing is something that the McCain campaign started tooting first and she just has to ride with it no matter how foolish it makes her look. Not only has he dumbed her down for the public IMO, he has also jeapordized her political career in the future if they do not win the White House.
Amen, everyone should watch the full video it is very telling. The Palin problem may not really be a Palin problem but a campaign problem. I was just watching video of her in the Philadelphia cheese steak store and she seemed very awkward and worried when asked a question. That is not normal for a candidate on the stump and from what I have seen not normal for her. Let Sarah be Sarah.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Amen, everyone should watch the full video it is very telling. The Palin problem may not really be a Palin problem but a campaign problem. I was just watching video of her in the Philadelphia cheese steak store and she seemed very awkward and worried when asked a question. That is not normal for a candidate on the stump and from what I have seen not normal for her. Let Sarah be Sarah.
She repeats what the people ask her as if it's her opinion. I'd be willing to bet that's a campaign tactic. It makes people think you're listening to them and that you understand what they're saying. In essence, it shows no knowledge, only that you listen.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:44 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,431,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Excuse me, I didn't realize the concept would be so easily misunderstood...

The other three have been in cesspool politics for a long time. They're no longer regular people... they're humans that have been covered in crap so long the scent no longer bothers them. Palin hasn't been desensitized to that scent yet.

Better?
Eh, I have a hard time giving her a pass on this. Don't step up to play with the big boys if you can't play. And I do not believe the same pass would be given to a man - not even for a second. I'd ask my usual question of 'if this were the Dem candidate what would you be saying?' but y'all never answer that question.

TuborgP:

Palin accuses Monegan of insubordination: Walt Monegan firing | adn.com

Read that. It's not the same answer she gave prior to being the VP pick. Nor is she willing to cooperate now that she's in the campaign.

McCain has screwed her to win an election.

8,200 posts, read 35,550,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
I don't think she's necessarily "dumb", I just think she's of average intelligence and we need better than that. She's not well-read, she's not well-travelled, she's doesn't have the global vision that a presidential candidate needs.

In part 2 of the Katie Couric interview, Katie asked Palin why she only obtained a passport a year ago and that it would seem there was no desire for world travel. Did you see Palin's reply?

Palin said that she wasn't one of the privileged that had parents that sent them off to Europe with a backpack and presumably a gold card after graduating college. Now how presumptuous and closed-minded was that?

I sent myself to Europe with a backpack, thank you very much, while entirely self-supported. It was important to me to see what I could of the world so I made the necessary sacrifices to save up and head of to Europe on a shoestring budget. Those experiences cannot be duplicated by reading a book - which was Sarah Palin's reply to Katie.

She's fine as a PTA leader, but not a World leader.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:45 PM

31,698 posts, read 41,173,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
She repeats what the people ask her as if it's her opinion. I'd be willing to bet that's a campaign tactic. It makes people think you're listening to them and that you understand what they're saying. In essence, it shows no knowledge, only that you listen.
[/i]

It is safe and provides you an out. Also if you agree with them it makes it difficult for them to ask a probing question since you agreed with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections