Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,419,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
First it is not childish just because you don't like the question. It's quite a valid one in politics where hypocrisy is usually the rule of the day.
No, it's childish because it wasn't thought out.

Quote:
Second, Alaskan politics are as dirty as they come - it's rife with corruption and crud on them as you call it. They easily match the Washington big boys except they don't really make an effort to hide or shield theirs.
My life experience leads me to believe that if you fill two rooms, one with 10 people the other with 100 and set everyone in each room to compete, the winners in the big room are going to be far superior to those than the other room.

Alaska has around 700K players. America has 300,000,000. I think the big game is a little hotter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM

31,690 posts, read 41,118,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
It's a projection from 538.com based on their national averages and the trends. Only M/D has Obama 2+ in Florida. The rest show McCain in the lead some as high as 4 points. So it's probably premature, but it's never a bad thing to make the GOP lose some sleep.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Florida: McCain vs. Obama

they only lose sleep when the data says they should and as you point out Florida doesn't.

McCain is still on track to win Florida.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,137,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
And she still hasn't deleivered to Katie the answers she promised to deliver.

She's a war pig. She had an affair. Her unwed teenage daughter is pregnant. She supported th bridge to nowhere before she opposed it. She built the road to nowhere for 26 million. She refuses to testify at the hearing she said she supported. She abused her office. She charges rape victims for the rape test kit. And she produced a semi-retarded child. Retard is in her DNA.

Great Chice Johnboy. You crippled loser.
Diss Sarah Palin all you want but do not ridicule an innocent child.

What you wrote is immature, crass & absolutely despicable.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:35 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,979,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
In part 2 of the Katie Couric interview, Katie asked Palin why she only obtained a passport a year ago and that it would seem there was no desire for world travel. Did you see Palin's reply?

Palin said that she wasn't one of the privileged that had parents that sent them off to Europe with a backpack and presumably a gold card after graduating college. Now how presumptuous and closed-minded was that?

I sent myself to Europe with a backpack, thank you very much, while entirely self-supported. It was important to me to see what I could of the world so I made the necessary sacrifices to save up and head of to Europe on a shoestring budget. Those experiences cannot be duplicated by reading a book - which was Sarah Palin's reply to Katie.
I WISH I had - I still don't have a passport

One of my biggest regrets.

It was the only thing I've ever heard Palin say that made her more relatable to me.

However...I am not running for VP. She is.

She handled that question very poorly. The woman didn't know way back when she was going to be in this position. Certainly she shouldn't have presented herself as superior to those who have traveled, and assumed they were trustafarians. She should have just said she wished she had and wants to make up for lost time. She's still not qualified either way but at least she would have come off better...

Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,483,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
True story, happened today. I was downtown picking up yard signs for the Udall campaign here in Colorado and a street person walked up and started speaking to me in disjointed, run-on, sentence fragments, JUST LIKE PALIN DOES.
wow...what a comparison!...lol

Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,137,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Well, she didn't blink. Which makes me think she did this for her own personal gain rather than the good of the country. She can't possibly think she's the best candidate. I'm sure she's wishing she had shut her eyes and slept on it.
Agreed.

Not a great argument for, what's their mantra? Country first?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:13 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,997,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Agreed.

Not a great argument for, what's their mantra? Country first?
LOL, good point!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM

31,690 posts, read 41,118,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I WISH I had - I still don't have a passport

One of my biggest regrets.

It was the only thing I've ever heard Palin say that made her more relatable to me.

However...I am not running for VP. She is.

She handled that question very poorly. The woman didn't know way back when she was going to be in this position. Certainly she shouldn't have presented herself as superior to those who have traveled, and assumed they were trustafarians. She should have just said she wished she had and wants to make up for lost time. She's still not qualified either way but at least she would have come off better...
Thats what her handlers told her to say so she appeared main street and like most Americans and not like elitist who go to expensive colleges and travel in the summer. There is a major difference.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:29 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,925,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Diss Sarah Palin all you want but do not ridicule an innocent child.

What you wrote is immature, crass & absolutely despicable.
I agree.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM

877 posts, read 2,772,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I agree.
Agreed, her youngest child should be off limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections