Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:40 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times

Advertisements

hmm you can find a nice newer 3br/2ba house in the suburb towns around Raleigh all day long for 100-150k. We also have a strong and diversified employment market, go figure.
Oh, you know what helps stop outsourcing? Drop our ridiculously high 35% corporate tax rate down to around 10% and watch the jobs pour in. Just my .02.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
The rich cats love it when their peon subjects argue amongst themselves. It takes the heat off of them. They would rather have you blame each other than have you see where all the blame lies.

How many millions do these CEOS need and deserve? How much of the taxpayers money just disappears and no one even questions it?
You mean like the 9 billion that went missing in Iraq? I'll bet it found its way to Vampire Cheney's Dubai bank account via Hell-iburton. I heard today that there are about 150,000 contractors currently in Iraq. Somebody is getting very rich there ..the same reason they started the illegal war and the same reason that they want to stay for 100 more years!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Great letter and spot on!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You mean like the 9 billion that went missing in Iraq? I'll bet it found its way to Vampire Cheney's Dubai bank account via Hell-iburton. I heard today that there are about 150,000 contractors currently in Iraq. Somebody is getting very rich there ..the same reason they started the illegal war and the same reason that they want to stay for 100 more years!
Also, like the millions some prominent Senators' relatives are making from contracts in Iraq. Don't you realize that some of both the Republicans and Democrats are war profiteers?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah was right on in what she said. If you aren't man enough to take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. you must be one who lives like a king with no money to back it up, and then you got caught. Live within your means and life is good.
I hope the economy goes further down maybe all the ignorant democrats will starve to death and leave the country a better place...
Your entire post contained as much BS as Biden's debate, he doesn't have a clue, either..!

I am not a man, I am a woman.

I do live within my means.

But we should aspire to be and have more. That is what made this country great. Not an attitude of wanting to be less, or staying low. The American Dream brought people here, and continues to.

I am an independent, an American Patriot and Taxpayer, and I do not align with one or any party. I wanted Ron Paul. Since Ron Paul is not running, I see McCain as dangerous, and will vote Obama out of default and some agreement with his ideas.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
why don't you send it to another city's newspaper in a battleground state? new mexico, colorado, nevada are all in your hood. hell, even send it to the midwestern battlegrounds. they're americans too. that was a well written letter.

Thanks. Yes, I wonder why anyone would vote for McCain now that he has admitted he will tax employment health benefits. Employers will raise prices on employees, or just cut benefits.

What is wrong with this man?

Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 AM

426 posts, read 1,282,785 times
Default living beyond their means

Yes, both Democrat and republicans are guilty, but this administration seems to be the worst, and the most blatant.

What about the three or four trillion I think it is, that is supposed to be missing from the Department Of Defense? Again, no one questions.

Our politicians are spending, and stealing our money beyond everyones means.
Then they have the nerve to say, we are spenfing beyond our means.

I would agree there are a lot of people that have donr that. I don't do it myself, and don't advise anyone else to. Everyone should take personal responsibility for their actions and finances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections