Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times

Advertisements

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll - broken link)
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Barack Obama attracting 52% of the vote while John McCain earns 44%. This is the highest level of support ever recorded for Obama and is his largest lead of the year. It also continues a remarkable twenty-five days in a row where the Democrat’s support has never declined by even a single point. The Democratic candidate has gained six full percentage points of support since Lehman Brothers collapsed to start the Wall Street mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:52 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,427,142 times
Now, now- you know that polls mean nothing.............

Old 10-06-2008, 07:56 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,847,780 times
Real Clear Politics has shown the same- and also shows Obama making gains in each battleground state.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:01 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,562,891 times
"twenty-five days in a row where the Democrat's support has never declined by even a single point."

(quote in the posted link)

Nuff said!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:04 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,375,615 times
RCP Average has Obama up to 6.4% over McCain. That's a brand new high.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

We'll have to see how the smears work (or not). Generally such nasty tactics work pretty well, but this is no ordinary election - with the economy continuing to deteriorate there is lots of news out there (none of it good for the GOP) and I suspect the smears will be a flash in the pan newswise (here and gone in a couple of days). It's also clear that Obama's campaign is not going to take it laying down the way Kerry did the bogus Swiftboat stories (which even McCain called out as untrue).

Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,847,780 times
I'm guessing that by the end of the week Sarah is going to burst into tears at a rally screaming about the injustice of the smears not working.

Every McCain ploy so far has been a big fat failure

Palin as VP
The Maverick Term
Suspending his Campaign
Smearing Obama

Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

We'll have to see how the smears work (or not). Generally such nasty tactics work pretty well, but this is no ordinary election - with the economy continuing to deteriorate there is lots of news out there (none of it good for the GOP) and I suspect the smears will be a flash in the pan newswise (here and gone in a couple of days). It's also clear that Obama's campaign is not going to take it laying down the way Kerry did the bogus Swiftboat stories (which even McCain called out as untrue).

Ken
I owe you one my friend you are right, he did break through to a new high. I am so very happy to be wrong.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM

874 posts, read 1,859,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken

I find this election fascinating in respect to the increase in news availability to the general public. The internet has changed how we all view the world. I am interested to see what kind of effects this has on politics and our lives in general. I think that Obamas edge has been in part his campaigns better grasp of the change in the media over the past decade. McCain's campaign, seems to be functioning in a way that does not take in to account the faster pace of news these days.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,625,902 times
Governor Palin is campaigning at an increasingly higher rate for Senator Obama. Expect the lead to grow as she works harder to establishment and concrete his knowledge, credibility and judgment to be Commander in Chief.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,860,467 times
pirate girl wrote;
Quote:
Every McCain ploy so far has been a big fat failure

Palin as VP
The Maverick Term
Suspending his Campaign
Smearing Obama
You're leaving out:

Change is coming-hmmm, how original
Country first-the most laughable ever, it should be "gimmicks first"

After 8 years of hearing from the Republicans:

I'm a uniter, not a divider
A reformer with results
The war will pay for itself
We KNOW he has WMD
We'll be greeted as liberators
Mission accomplished
Last throes of the insurgency
ad infinitum,

The American people have learned to check for themselves. All except that pesky 22-27% (including a fair amount on here) who think all of the above are true.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections