Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:40 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Hello? That Daley's son is still in politics there.
Richard M. Daley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QUICK INFO FROM WIKI - DO YOUR RESEARCH after wiki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The Republicans haven stolen any elections. You just STILL can't accept that you LOST - TWICE.
Maybe you if you keep repeating that over and over and over one day it'll be true!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
speaking of stealing ohio

In a fall 2003 fundraising letter sent to Republicans, from Diebold CEO Walden O'Dell:
"I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."
E-voting machine maker Diebold is based in North Canton, Ohio. Via earlier news items published mid-2004 by CNN, CBS, Mother Jones, and others

And I hope he does.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
So because they did it? last election, it's okay for the Dems to do it this election, right?
I don't believe for a second that the Democrats are trying to "STeal" anything. They are registering voters, for sure. And the Republicans are trying to do the same thing. that isn't stealing - when people get in the voting booth it's THEIR choice and no one else's.

It's not like they're preventing people from voting or having their 'buddies' produce all the electronic voting machines with no paper trail. I can't imagine ANYONE who would do that

Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Maybe you if you keep repeating that over and over and over one day it'll be true!

You seem to be missing something. Those of us who have lived a lifetime in Chicago have witnessed corrupt politics in every election. Check out how your candidate of choice actually got his name on the ballot in his first election.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
You seem to be missing something. Those of us who have lived a lifetime in Chicago have witnessed corrupt politics in every election. Check out how your candidate of choice actually got his name on the ballot in his first election.
Honey, you're the one who is missing something - we were talking about Republicans and whether or not they stole the election. YOU are the one is now changing the topic to this bogus bull****. If you want to make a charge like that, then it's on YOU to provide conclusive evidence of that.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
If you have evidence of a crime, take it to the FBI.

BTW, the OP is attempting to restart a thread that was closed. But, since it's here again, I'll remind us all of some important points:

When you register to vote in a new state, your drivers license is run through the computer, and any previous state registrations are revoked. Most states, including Ohio, require the drivers license to be from their state. Usually you have to establish residence for at least 30 days prior to registering to vote, getting a new license is part of establishing residence. Considering how hard it is to get college kids to vote at all, I don't really think we'll see too many kids out there who will try to wake up on election day, vote in one state with one drivers license, then drive to his home state, produce a second drivers license & registration card, and vote again. Too much effort, and wouldn't work, anyway. Computer cross checks also prevent people from sending in absentee ballots and then going to a voting booth in another state.
I agree. That is highly unlikely. Here in CO, it will probably snow on election day, and the college students won't be able to find their hat, boots, gloves, etc, so they can go vote.

However, I do have a concern about these states that have 'same day registration', such as Minnesota. My DD went to college there and voted absentee in CO, but I wondered, what would really have prevented her from also voting in MN, registering the same day? I mean, she would have to lie, but aside from that, what would be the check? Is there a computer cross-check? The year Paul Wellstone was killed shortly before the election, the MN Democratic party was really encouraging students to vote in MN.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
If you have evidence of a crime, take it to the FBI.

BTW, the OP is attempting to restart a thread that was closed. But, since it's here again, I'll remind us all of some important points:

When you register to vote in a new state, your drivers license is run through the computer, and any previous state registrations are revoked. Most states, including Ohio, require the drivers license to be from their state. Usually you have to establish residence for at least 30 days prior to registering to vote, getting a new license is part of establishing residence. Considering how hard it is to get college kids to vote at all, I don't really think we'll see too many kids out there who will try to wake up on election day, vote in one state with one drivers license, then drive to his home state, produce a second drivers license & registration card, and vote again. Too much effort, and wouldn't work, anyway. Computer cross checks also prevent people from sending in absentee ballots and then going to a voting booth in another state.
I didn't realize that all those homeless people the Obama camp is busing in to vote hold valid drivers licenses! Does anyone know the facts about that? Do you need a drivers license to register and then vote in Ohio? I know you need one of those or a valid state ID card (which you get for free) next door in Indiana, but here in Ohio, what's the story?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The Republicans haven stolen any elections. You just STILL can't accept that you LOST - TWICE.
I wouldn't brag about this if I were you..
Remember.. Bush.. ???
How conveniently forgotten the most disliked president of any party in recent history.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:04 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Richard M. Daley is the current mayor. Only the middle initial is different.
Wrong. Richard M. Daley doesn't govern Chicago in the same way his father did. In fact, he's considered to be one of the top and most transparent mayors in the country.

You can fool some of the people some of the time. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections