Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
I hardly doubt the average college student can pick the USA on a map of the world.
True I watched a show where they were on a campus,I don't remember which one. They asked some really basic questions.
How many stars are on the flag, what do they symbolize, how many states are there etc. I was amazed by all the wrong answers. So much for higher learning I guess.
As for Palins supposed racist remarks.
Shrug, she is a nobody anyway.
Not much different than the pro-illegal crowd saying things like:
They just do jobs americans are to lazy to do.
Small town america clings to guns and religion. ie just a bunch of ignorant hicks.
There is plenty of blame to point fingers at from all directions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:22 AM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
I hardly doubt the average college student can pick the USA on a map of the world.
I can. In fact, I can point out every state on a USA map without looking at it, as well as most of the worlds nations on every continent, including Africa. Can Palin do that?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 AM

757 posts, read 803,648 times
Default definition of sambo

According to wikipedia,
Sambo is a racial term for a person with mixed Amerindian and African heritage in the Caribbean, also for a black person in the United States and the United Kingdom. It is considered a racial slur. So yes Sambo is indeed a racist term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Many reasons . Shes smart, respectable , pretty and has values . Every liberals nightmare .

Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 AM

Palin thought Africa was a country. lol enough said This was reported on FOX NEWS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I can. In fact, I can point out every state on a USA map without looking at it, as well as most of the worlds nations on every continent, including Africa. Can Palin do that?

Last edited by okccowboy; 09-01-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Ahh, I'm not buying this one. A waitress overheard it, who refused to be identified? Besides, who uses the term "Sambo"? Is Alaska seriously that far off the map?
Oh I don't know...in another forum Asians were referred to as "Orientals"...by a repub.

And another repub said that was OK because political correctness is "BS".

So yes, "Sambo" could've been used with ease by Repubs.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 AM

Default quitter

Palin is a quitter. Loser. I hope to God she does run for President in 2012. That would ensure another Democratic win.

quote=nononsenseguy;10552040]Hello? She left the governorship so she would not cheat the State of Alaska while she pursued other interests. You didn't listen to her speech, obviously.

I think she made the right choice. A lot of people would have stayed on, as a "lame duck" and continued to pursue other things.[/quote]

Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,519,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She lied about what Obama said about kids being off-limits, implying he meant only his kids when he said it in response to gossip (later turning out to be true) that her daughter was pregnant.

Actually you are the one lying here. All she said was the that Obama said the family should be off limits and that the media only seemed to keep Obama's family off limits but still brought hers up. She didnt say anything about Obama thinking only his family should be off limits. Why do liberals lie allllll the damn time?

She charged the state of Alaska for lots of trips for her kids that were unauthorized. She charged them a per diem when working from home.

Many more.

If there are so many more then why only post 2 (1 of which is your version and not anything like what happned)

Don't forget McCain was "out of the office", too, during the campaign, as was Sarah.

Leave Kennedy out of it, will you, just this once? The man is dead. Don't be such a partisan that you accuse him of "quitting" b/c he died. How low can you go?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
And the idea is full of crap!!

You are telling us that Palin was referring to the martial arts when calling obama, Sambo!

Try calling someone black Sambo to their face and see how much your strip mall karate lessons will be worth!

So you are saying that black people can only resort to violence?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Palin thought Africa was a country. lol enough said This was reported on FOX NEWS.

YouTube - Fox News: Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

Obama thought the US had 57 states.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
From Sunny Days 90:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana

She lied about what Obama said about kids being off-limits, implying he meant only his kids when he said it in response to gossip (later turning out to be true) that her daughter was pregnant.
SD:
He did mean his kids and you know it.
Kat:
Oh, no I don't know it. You'd know Sarah lied too, if you listened to Obama's words, not hers:

"I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.

Only a "hater" or someone with severe reading comprehension problems would think Obama was only referring to his kids. Palin knew it too, she just subscribes to the priciple (?) that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will think it's true.

She charged the state of Alaska for lots of trips for her kids that were unauthorized. She charged them a per diem when working from home.

SD:
Did she break a law that I did not know about and was charged with thief in office? If so, please provide the link to this accusation.

Kat:
Yes and no.

Report: Alaska Paid for Palin Family Travel - ABC News

Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her, including to events where they were not invited, and later amended expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

The state is already reviewing nearly $17,000 in per diem payments to Palin for more than 300 nights she slept at her own home, 40 miles from her satellite office in Anchorage.

Palin to pay Alaska for kids' trips - USATODAY.com

There is no state law prohibiting the governor's family from traveling with her and the personnel board found no wrongdoing on the part of the governor. But the investigator, Timothy Petumenos, interpreted the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act to require that state only pay if the first family serves an important state interest.

Petumenos said "some of the travel raised by the Complaint does not meet this standard," according to the agreement.

Kat:
Don't forget McCain was "out of the office", too, during the campaign, as was Sarah.

At least she took the time to vote while the moron set records for no shows and no votes.

The Alaska legislature was not in session while she was campainging. It's not a year-round body. And what would she have voted on, being the governor? That was not her role. She had no vote. So what are you referring to??

Kat:
Leave Kennedy out of it, will you, just this once? The man is dead. Don't be such a biatch that you accuse him of "quitting" b/c he died. How low can you go?

SD:
I was wondering the same about you.

Dead or alive, the way you put it anyone who did not finish out his/her term must have cheated their people.

Kat:
PLEASE provide anything that I said referring to her leaving office, which is well known in politics as a sleazy thing to do.

SD:
So a 300,000.00 dinner date when we have record numbers of foreclosures, bankruptcies, car repo's and business closing is ok with you? Since the tax payers paid for the 300,000 dinner.

What value does that have under these circumstances?

And I though he cared about the poor person who is hungry, or lost their home or filed bankruptcy. Guess not.

Kat:
This is not a thread about Kennedy or Obama, or I'd look up some cites about these accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections