Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
40 years ago on the West Coast along with restraunts like IHOP and Bob's Big Boy was a place called Sambo's which used Little Black Sambo as its company mascot. They tried to change the company image by renaming its self as Sam's.
I remember Sambo's well. I used to love their pancakes, and I ate there once with a black friend of mine from boot camp. I do not remember the renaming of it, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Is it a value to lie, cheat your employer (in her case the state of Alaska), etc?
Hello? She left the governorship so she would not cheat the State of Alaska while she pursued other interests. You didn't listen to her speech, obviously.

I think she made the right choice. A lot of people would have stayed on, as a "lame duck" and continued to pursue other things.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And how did she do that?

She made that state tons of money and gave tons of money back to the people of that state.

Ahh, do you mean getting paid for not showing up for work like Obama and Biden did for nearly two years.

Or do you mean the values in all the lies from this idiotic administration in place right now?

So Kennedy passes away and did not finish his time and you believe that he cheated his state then also right?

Wondering which way you want it to be?
Well, since it is Palin we are discussing, they will say anything. Doesn't have to be true. Just make stuff up. They have been doing it for at least the last 9 years, and probably longer than that. Oh yeah, they have; they used to accuse Reagan of nodding off in meetings, and claimed he was senile.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
She lied about what Obama said about kids being off-limits, implying he meant only his kids when he said it in response to gossip (later turning out to be true) that her daughter was pregnant.

She charged the state of Alaska for lots of trips for her kids that were unauthorized. She charged them a per diem when working from home.

Many more.

Don't forget McCain was "out of the office", too, during the campaign, as was Sarah.

Leave Kennedy out of it, will you, just this once? The man is dead. Don't be such a partisan that you accuse him of "quitting" b/c he died. How low can you go?
Apparently it doesn't bother you that Nancy Pelosi has been flying around all over the country and demanding bigger military jets for her little trips home, etc. Not only that, if she even thinks she might go somewhere, she has had a plane readied (at taxpayer expense), and then often cancels. This costs all of us millions of dollars.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:00 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,128,633 times
The bigger racist is serving as president of the united states.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I could see her using it, Its not that much of a stretch (sadly),

who uses the term "palling around" for Christs sakes??, she sounds like an illiterate.
Now you're really getting petty. You mean to say you've never heard anyone say "palling around"? Give me a break.

"Sounds like an illiterate"? Are you not listening to Obama? I don't see that his speech is any more "educated sounding". He talks like a Chicago thug. Do you criticize his speech?

Let's quit picking on the way a person speaks. Listen to some old clips of Lyndon Johnson. Democrats are not immune from colloquial language.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,848,636 times
Quote:
Is it a value to lie, cheat your employer (in her case the state of Alaska), etc?
Is it a value to lie, and cheat your employer (The general public of the entire nation?)

I just described half of Obama's tax cheating cabinet, including the actual tax collector!. Yet the governor of a state 2,000 miles from you, who has no effect on you whatsover takes a per diem when she shouldn't and you are horrified.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
And the idea is full of crap!!

You are telling us that Palin was referring to the martial arts when calling obama, Sambo!

Try calling someone black Sambo to their face and see how much your strip mall karate lessons will be worth!
reconmark.
Shouldn't there have been some kind of corroborating evidence that Palin said this? Shouldn't that be more of a point than the actual word itself?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Palin completely ruined McCaine's chances and undermined his credibility. I found no respect for him after he chose Palin. He thought he would be clever since Clinton had such a strong lead - he'd be clever and include a woman, so those who wanted a woman in Washington would get that.

But how stupid can a man be, imagening that chosing the dumbest woman in all of america would be to his benefit? What does it show about his capacity and reasoning?

Glad he made an ass of himself via Palin. I didn't see him as a suitable leader anyways.
Now this post just makes you look silly. McCain ruined his chances, because he has no credibility.

When he chose Palin, he got a significant bump in the polls, and as she went around speaking, the Republicans began raking in millions for the McCain camp, which had been suffering before.

Palin is not the "dumbest woman in the world". But this black Congresswoman from California (name slips me right now) that thinks Castro is so wonderful might be.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Now this post just makes you look silly. McCain ruined his chances, because he has no credibility.

When he chose Palin, he got a significant bump in the polls, and as she went around speaking, the Republicans began raking in millions for the McCain camp, which had been suffering before.

Palin is not the "dumbest woman in the world". But this black Congresswoman from California (name slips me right now) that thinks Castro is so wonderful might be.
Maxine Waters. She also wanted to take away the oil from the oil companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections