Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,724 times

Advertisements

I did hear the interview referred to by the OP. That particular lady did come off kind of racist, but I think (guess? hope?) she's an exception.
Some people are racist, some people aren't. Plenty of people won't vote for him just because he's a democrat. Plenty will not vote for him because they prefer McCain, or nobody.
Of course, some will not vote for him because they believe all the lies (he's a terrorist by associationbeing the funniest one) that will continue to be spread by the Fox News propaganda machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM

29 posts, read 56,044 times
I don't think its racist for just asking the question about why folks don't trust him. In this inview I heard the reporter ask the person " is it the color of his skin?" There was a long pause. Like this person didn't want to answer "YES". I can see both ways of not trusting anyone being white or black or anyother race card. Yes people may not trust him from his actions in the senate. Yes, down south or other areas of the country it can be the color card. For me it will not matter either way. I trust him.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_someone_elses_tool View Post
Well........... has anyone listened to this interview I'm talking about? Can you give me the to big scoop on why folks don't trust Obama? Not to sound like a little school boy. Whats the matter with him?

In short

A lot of it has to do with being from Chicago...

He is ranked fairly high on the Center against government waste website.

He was the largest receiver of money per years of service from FM/FM: http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008...d-freddie.html

Old 10-06-2008, 03:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN-rox View Post
In the south, its all about race. Face the facts. KKK is alive and well, sad but true.
And has it's largest membership in Indiana, not in a Southern state.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:14 PM

264 posts, read 1,151,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm_someone_elses_tool View Post
I don't think its racist for just asking the question about why folks don't trust him. In this inview I heard the reporter ask the person " is it the color of his skin?" There was a long pause. Like this person didn't want to answer "YES". I can see both ways of not trusting anyone being white or black or anyother race card. Yes people may not trust him from his actions in the senate. Yes, down south or other areas of the country it can be the color card. For me it will not matter either way. I trust him.
That is an educated decision. Although I dont like him, those are the exact reasons why people dont. I wish more dems would admit these things- other than race.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I don't trust Obama and it has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with lack of history. He promises a lot, so did his party 2 years ago. We are still waiting on a delivery. He does have some questionable affiliations. No I do not refer to terrorists. I do refer to America bashing extremists. His followers scare me the most. Many tend to be whipped into a frenzy zealots. They scare me the most. I had one come to my house dor knocking and asked if they could put a vote for Obama sign in my yard.
I politely said no. I didn't want my yard used as a political statement.
Why are you a racist or something?
You don't like people with brown skin???
Blah blah blah. Normally I would chalk that up to one whacko. But look at this forum......
No I can't trust anyone who can influence people like that.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:15 PM

264 posts, read 1,151,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didnt say the KKK was only in the south. hm?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:22 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Sorry, anyone who does not think that "I just don't trust him" could not mean, even a slight chance that it could, that race has something to do with that is living in a cave.
I've heard enough code words and phrases, this is one of them.
I don't hear the McCain dictractors saying (or very rarely saying) I don't trust McCain, they usually point out something like his health or erratic judgement.
Palin saying this today is almost the same as when Reagan when to Mississipi and bragged about how he is for state rights.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Is it people from the south are racist or are the people from the north not exposed to as much diversity? Or neither.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:29 PM

16 posts, read 66,391 times
Would pointing out " more of the same" could be saying we don't trust McCain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections