Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,147,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Your so welcome and I'm done. Hard to debate with someone who is not listening to others. I don't even think he took the time to realize your black and you would know what the people think!!!
3Shepherds, I wouldn't presume to speak for any group but when someone tries to make a sweeping statement for a group I am part of I can certainly point out where they err!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namelessinpitt View Post
But it IS a racial deal. It IS a problem in this country and unless it is addressed, it will not go away. Frankly, I think white people are scared to death of what will happen if a black man becomes president. I don't they are horrible people for thinking that electing a black man is the wrong thing to do because I HONESTLY THINK THEY ARE TERRIFIED. The racial divide in this country has been solid and trying to go past the color issue, whether it be in relationships, employment or housing has always been a difficult thing for whites to handle.

If Obama does not get elected, I doubt it will be too much longer before a black man (100% not just half black) or hispanic (Most likely Mexican) since the whites will soon be the minority in this country.
No, its not the messenger in and of himself, its just that its the totally wrong message that he brings - at least for me, and for my friends [of other races too]. So, if a person that is non-white doesn't vote for a white person, does that mean they are racist? If a man doesn't vote for a woman, does that make him sexist? Not saying that there are not people out there that are like that - but making a general statement such as what is quoted above is incorrect.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,147,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
No, its not the messenger in and of himself, its just that its the totally wrong message that he brings - at least for me, and for my friends [of other races too]. So, if a person that is non-white doesn't vote for a white person, does that mean they are racist? If a man doesn't vote for a woman, does that make him sexist? Not saying that there are not people out there that are like that - but making a general statement such as what is quoted above is incorrect.
Yes, I agree, shadowcaver. It's the message. If White people were terrified he wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. He is not the wrong color, he is just the wrong man.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Yes, I agree, shadowcaver. It's the message. If White people were terrified he wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. He is not the wrong color, he is just the wrong man.
Couldn't have said it better!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections