Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,498,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What's the Democrat-controlled Congress' rating?

That's right..the lowest ever.

Somewhere around - 5 the last I saw. Pelosi, Ried and Barney Fwannnnk have really endeared themselves to the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 03:55 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,047,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Whats Pelosi and the Dems rating right now? Or that loud mouth Ted Kennedy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
They were never this low until the Democrats took over 2 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I would imagine Pelosi and her side kick Reid should be a negative number as far as ratings if Bush is 24% .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Somewhere around - 5 the last I saw. Pelosi, Ried and Barney Fwannnnk have really endeared themselves to the people.
What if we started a little betting pool - would you all be willing to bet against the democratic leadership getting re-elected?

I will cover all bets!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,360,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
What if we started a little betting pool - would you all be willing to bet against the democratic leadership getting re-elected?

I will cover all bets!
My bet: The Democrats will gain seats in November, but the leadership will change.

Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,481,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Only 24 percent of those polled approve of Bush's job as president, an all-time low for a CNN survey. See the latest polling "Bush has now tied Richard Nixon's worst rating ever, taken in a poll just before he resigned in 1975, and is only 2 points higher than the worst presidential approval rating in history, Harry Truman's 22 percent mark in February 1952," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland."

Much too high in my humble opinion.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:58 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,400,416 times
Quote:

I will cover all bets!

Well considering that most voters today are Liberal and Liberals are pretty ignorant, I bet it will be a Democratic sweep. Then the Libs will wonder why things still suck. Can the approval rating go into the negatives?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
My bet: The Democrats will gain seats in November, but the leadership will change.

Ken
I think that would be great! I personally can't stand Reid and I am very disappointed in Pelosi.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,346,068 times
Quote:

I will cover all bets!

I myself wouldn't as many are loyal to any Dem who is a failure and if they were elected once in their district regardless of how horrible they are I suspect they will be reelected.

People will complain but like zombies reelect them ESP Pelosi zombies .

I think due to this Pres not being a hands on and last Pres leaving us with money in the bank only to have this man leave us in a mess Reps are in trouble.

I do think Pres election can still go either way as saying who you will vote for but voting for them is tad different.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Well considering that most voters today are Liberal and Liberals are pretty ignorant, I bet it will be a Democratic sweep. Then the Libs will wonder why things still suck. Can the approval rating go into the negatives?
The point is that it doesn't matter what the rating of 'Congress' is - it only matters what the rating of individual members is.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,346,068 times
Quote:
---------------

" Can the approval rating go into the negatives? "

lol sure here in S.Florida the countless Mayors-deputy Mayor-asst Mayor ,etc are in negative polls .

Yet they to are reelected

Old 10-06-2008, 04:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,708,248 times
Hey, at least Ted Kennedy isn't able to tax us like the monster he has been for the past 20+ years. That ALONE should raise the congress approval rating. It will probably take years to recover from the disaster of Ted Kennedy after he leaves the congress. Ted Kennedy has caused enough damage on this country, and its time that something finally brings his reckless taxation to a stop.

Now, if only something would happen that would cause Pelosi, Reed, and other tax-hungry liberals to step down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections