Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

The problem is that in the real world we're in serious trouble and we dont have time to fool around with distractions like Ayers and ACORN and 57 states. We need to think about picking a new president who has already assembled good economic advisors, who listens and actually learns, who is flexible, who wouldnt think of using the interplanetary financial crisis as an opportunity to politick, and who respects the country enough to hire a responsible vice president.

Among other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Default McCain Is Long-Time Supporter Of Deregulation/Supporter Of Lax Rules For Financial Institutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This was good..

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - The Argument Against Idiots: An Administration We Can Be Proud Of

Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments
1. That's true. What we really need is a President who thinks there are 57 states, not counting the one he hasn't been to, and Alaska & Hawaii, which he wasn't allowed to visit, who also said his uncle liberated Auschwitz, when that was actually done by the Red Army.

2. Joe Biden just said that FDR was President in 1929 (it was Herbert Hoover) and made announcements on TV, which wouldn't even be purchased for commercial development by RCA until 1939. Last week he told a wheelchair bound state senator to stand up and take a bow. Are these the geniuses you want in office?

3. Do you disagree with that? I don't have any anti-fish agenda. I was a little alarmed though, when Joe Biden seemed to threaten Barack Obama by telling him he going to "have a problem" if he tried to take his Beretta shotgun away from him...that was a little weird.

4. You're right! I'm gonna have to agree with you this time. So, I'll tell you what...come November, let's elect McCain-Palin and we'll get rid of ALL of the above!
Read below: ANY QUESTIONS???

“I've Been A Good Party Member. I Agree On Most Issues, Fundamentals Of Lower Taxes, Less Regulation.” During an appearance on CNN’s “Crossfire,” John McCain said, “I've been a good party member. I agree on most issues, fundamentals of lower taxes, less regulation, smaller government, coherent foreign policy, strong national defense.”

McCain Is An Avid Supporter Of Lax Rules For Financial Institutions

McCain Supported A Banking Bill Because It Eliminated “The Tremendous Regulatory Burden Imposed On Financial Institutions.” While speaking in favor of bank deregulation on the floor of the senate, John McCain said, “This legislation takes a small but important step toward eliminating the tremendous regulatory burden imposed on financial institutions… One principal reason banks are unable to make loans is the bewildering array of statutory and regulatory restrictions and paperwork requirements imposed by Congress and the regulatory agencies.

McCain Supported A Bill To “Takes A Small Step Forward Toward Eliminating Unnecessary Regulatory Burdens Imposed On Banks.” While speaking in favor of bank deregulation on the floor of the senate, John McCain said, “While a case can certainly be made that every law and regulation is intended to serve a laudable purpose, the aggregate effect of the rapidly increasing regulatory burden imposed on banks is to cause them to devote substantial time, energy and money to compliance rather than meeting the credit needs of the community

McCain Said The Best Thing Government Can Do For Business Is “Stay Out Of Its Way.” While speaking about the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act on the floor on the Senate in 2000, John McCain said, “I am convinced that the best thing government can often do to advance the fortunes of the private sector is to stay out of its way. I support this bill because it makes progress toward that end, by improving companies' flexibility to hire the talent they need, while providing for the regulatory framework and new educational opportunities to protect and promote American workers.”

McCain Has Based His 2008 Campaign On Promoting Less Regulation

McCain: “I Don't Think Anyone Who Wants To Increase The Burden Of Government Regulation And Higher Taxes Has Any Real Understanding Of Economics.” During a McCain Town Hall in Inez, Kentucky, John McCain said, “When we come out of this recession and we will because I believe that the fundamentals of our economy are good … Sen. Clinton wants the government to make the decisions for you on your health care, I want the families to make the decisions on their health care. I don't think anyone who wants to increase the burden of government regulation and higher taxes has any real understanding of economics and the economy and what is needed in order to ensure the future of this country.”

McCain: “I Understand Why The AFL-CIO And Maybe Other Unions May Oppose My Free Market, Less Regulation, Right To Work.” During an appearance on Fox’s “Special Report with Brit Hume,” John McCain said, “I understand why the AFL-CIO and maybe other unions may oppose my free market less regulation right to work. I think we have honest differences of opinion. I respect those labor unions, but I'm sure that those differences are very intense and very real.”

McCain: “Let’s Reduce Regulation.” While speaking about the economy in St. Louis, Missouri, John McCain said, “I'm asked all the time are we in a recession or not in a recession. And I don't know the answer to that because it's kind of a technical term… I do not believe we should raise your taxes. I think it would be the worst thing we could do. And that means to me I think the tax cuts need to be made permanent. When you've got a bad economy, the worst thing you can do is increase people's tax burden. Let's reduce it. Let's reduce regulation.”

To Fix the Economy, McCain Would “We've Got To Take Specific Actions, Keep Their Taxes Low, Less Regulation.” As shown on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” John McCain said, “That our economy is in terrible shape, that we've got to take specific actions, keep their taxes low, less regulation, get - start exploring and exploiting offshore oil deposits.”

McCain Said The Difference Between Obama & Himself Would Be “More Regulation Or Less Regulation.” During a media availability in Phoenix, Arizona, John McCain said, “I think the important thing is that there will be stark differences between either Senator [Clinton] or Senator Obama and me because they are liberal Democrats and I'm a conservative Republican… whether we pursue the present strategy in Iraq or whether we -- or whether we set a date for withdrawal, which will mean Al Qaida wins; whether we have more regulation or less regulation.”

McCain Is Long-Time Supporter Of Deregulation/EXAMPLES
“I Am A Deregulator. I Believe In Deregulation.”
“The Basic Core Principles Of The Republican Party… Less Government Is Best Government, Less Regulation.”
“I Have A Long Voting Record In Support Of Deregulation.”
“I Continue To Believe In A Strong National Defense, Free Trade, Deregulation.”
“Keep The Regulation Of The Government As Much As Possible Out Of People's Lives.”

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Oooh so he was tired.. Since when was that an excuse for stupid comments? Please point out ONE individual on the left going.. Ooh, Bush was tired when he said x..

A TYPO? You think that claims of him liberating the most famous camp was a TYPO? ooh, another "mistake".. woops..

No, he didnt say that FDR "DIDNT" go on tv, I heard the recording in full, nice try though at lying to cover up the truth..

Do you even know what a beretta is?

I dont know many who would "fall for this" but I do know many who wouldnt see the humor in pointing out the mistakes. Ironically the same individuals who point out such stupid mistakes in Republicans..
Seriously, you're going to compare Bush's intelligence to Obama's? You're that far gone? Powerful koolaid, huh?

Bush makes those mistakes every time he speaks without a speechwriter. He's also made so many actual blunders that you can't in any way think he's got brains.

The two mistakes you point out are exactly as serious as a typo. Am I going to fast for you? Do you need me to speak at a simpler level?

I wasn't lying about Biden's slip. I was pointing out how trivial it is. If you heard his statement, then you know exactly what he meant. It's easy, if you're a semi-literate person. You are twisting it for political gain. You are pathetic.

Why would you care whether I know what a beretta is? Answer the point instead of making ad hominem attacks. It makes you look even more pathetic.

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Glenn Beck is a drunken idiot.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
McCain Is Long-Time Supporter Of Deregulation/EXAMPLES
“I Am A Deregulator. I Believe In Deregulation.”
“The Basic Core Principles Of The Republican Party… Less Government Is Best Government, Less Regulation.”
“I Have A Long Voting Record In Support Of Deregulation.”
“I Continue To Believe In A Strong National Defense, Free Trade, Deregulation.”
“Keep The Regulation Of The Government As Much As Possible Out Of People's Lives.”
So? You think the government getting out of our lives is bad?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Quote:
So? You think the government getting out of our lives is bad?
When it comes to things like the deregulation fiasco of wall street - YES!

Deregulation of health care? That's what Mccain wants - you're from Pittsburgh, you know most people wouldn't be able to afford health care if that happened.
What about all the 401K's?

Hell, let's just regulate everything because that's been so successful thus far.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Seriously, you're going to compare Bush's intelligence to Obama's? You're that far gone? Powerful koolaid, huh?

Bush makes those mistakes every time he speaks without a speechwriter. He's also made so many actual blunders that you can't in any way think he's got brains.

The two mistakes you point out are exactly as serious as a typo. Am I going to fast for you? Do you need me to speak at a simpler level?

I wasn't lying about Biden's slip. I was pointing out how trivial it is. If you heard his statement, then you know exactly what he meant. It's easy, if you're a semi-literate person. You are twisting it for political gain. You are pathetic.

Why would you care whether I know what a beretta is? Answer the point instead of making ad hominem attacks. It makes you look even more pathetic.
Obama has never blundered without a teleprompter? The man cant speak, he hims and ahhs, and mmm.. The man gives a GREAT speach, but his ability to think on Queue, needs some assistance..

Again with the typo, sounds like your the one with the kool aid..

I did hear his statement in full, he very clearly said they got on TV.. VERY CLEARLY.. if you cant even admit that...

Note: If your going to defend a statement about a beretta, you should know what it is..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:27 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,976 times
I'm voting for McCain. Go McCain/Palin 2008!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
When it comes to things like the deregulation fiasco of wall street - YES!

Deregulation of health care? That's what Mccain wants - you're from Pittsburgh, you know most people wouldn't be able to afford health care if that happened.
What about all the 401K's?

Hell, let's just regulate everything because that's been so successful thus far.
Yes, you need to regulate anyone who makes money.. (really?)

Actually I'm formerly from Pittsburgh, moved.. But, anyone who is involved with health care billing practices can tell you that the government regulations and mandates are what has raised the price of health care, of course the general public wants to listen to the problems created by govt and then blame "those rich people on wall street" for their problems because it sounds good.

What about 401K's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections