Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 01:47 PM

857 posts, read 2,001,964 times

Advertisements

Ok neocons, me brainy no workie so good, so I'm gonna need your help on this one-

Every time someone brings up McCain's involvement with Charles Keating, you immediately whip back with "HE WAS COMPLETELY CLEARED OF ANY WRONGDOING SO !!!!!" He was part of the Keating 5, he was investigated, and out of the five, he was given the lightest slap on the wrist. 3 of them were determined to have interfered with the investigation or assisting Keating directly, and Keating himself served 5 years for the corruption and mismanagement of Lincoln. Now, because McCain was "cleared" we're not supposed to make any character judgments on him about it.

Now, 30-somehting years after Bill Ayers allegedly partakes in terrorist planning which he was never charged with, he sponsors a dinner for Obama's state senate campaign, and they work together on the board of an educational CHARITY. 2 facets which have NOTHING to do with Ayers wrongdoing years earlier - but Obama is nailed to the cross for it.

I don't get it -McCain was directly involved in the questionable activity, but cleared. Obama has no need to be cleared becasue his involvement with Ayers was completely benign, and many years later.

What kind of logic is this????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
This is the logic of 'because I said so.'

Old 10-07-2008, 01:56 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,716,789 times
Quote:
Ok neocons, me brainy no workie so good, so I'm gonna need your help on this one-

Every time someone brings up McCain's involvement with Charles Keating, you immediately whip back with "HE WAS COMPLETELY CLEARED OF ANY WRONGDOING SO !!!!!" He was part of the Keating 5, he was investigated, and out of the five, he was given the lightest slap on the wrist. 3 of them were determined to have interfered with the investigation or assisting Keating directly, and Keating himself served 5 years for the corruption and mismanagement of Lincoln. Now, because McCain was "cleared" we're not supposed to make any character judgments on him about it.

Now, 30-somehting years after Bill Ayers allegedly partakes in terrorist planning which he was never charged with, he sponsors a dinner for Obama's state senate campaign, and they work together on the board of an educational CHARITY. 2 facets which have NOTHING to do with Ayers wrongdoing years earlier - but Obama is nailed to the cross for it.

I don't get it -McCain was directly involved in the questionable activity, but cleared. Obama has no need to be cleared becasue his involvement with Ayers was completely benign, and many years later.

LOGIC? You expect logic?
Hold on to your laptop...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:20 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,526 times
THis is called the 'I am losing this race' logic so if all else fails, let start smearing and see if that helps us...

Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,836 times
More McBush camp logic

1) McCain in his own book admits he was part of the "KEATING FIVE" fiasco, and was WRONG for his ethical violations;

2) Palin chastises Obama for sitting through a minister's nonsensical sermons, while IGNORING BEING EXORCISED BY HER WITCH-DOCTOR Minister Thomas Muthee and claiming as a Pentecostal that she believes "END OF DAYS" will happen soon;

3) Palin chastises Obama about an Ayers character who did HIS actions when OBAMA was only 8 years old and as an adult has said Ayers was wrong; WHILE PALIN as an ADULT has vigorously supported, and her husband formally joined as well, the SECESSIONIST MOVEMENT of the Alaska Independence Party---She also gave them aid and comfort as recently as six months ago for their AIG convention (check YouTube)---Even Abraham Lincoln had to fight a Civil War to prevent such secessionist treason activities when States tried to leave the U.S. Union;

4) McCain still has the FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC lobbyists running his campaign---THEY ARE PURSUING THE VERY FAILED POLICIES of his old Savings and Loan BILLIONS of dollars fiasco and NOW HIS ADVOCATED CONTINUED failed economic policies for the current financial, bank and mortgage TRILLION dollar meltdown.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM

351 posts, read 487,179 times
Logic, what's that?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,489 times
Ask the traitor Obama, he is the one that brought Keating up in the first place.

Then the stupid ass figured out that John Glenn was one of the Keating 5 and is one of Obama biggest fund raisers and advisers.

Guess that stopped him dead in his tracks.

Ayers is not the only issue, once it is all tied together you will see a trend of radical anti American freaks tied right to Obama.

The K5 had nothing to do with being anti American.

Logic shows me that Obama is a traitor and hates America. His associations and trail shows you this.

Big difference in the two. Not even close.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:56 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,836 times
I think we should ask McBush, he was personally involve in it.

So for Obama, we have to "tied it together", then "you will see", for McBush, we don'e need to tie anything, he admits to it in his book.

If creating one of the biggest frauds in history that Americans have to pay is not anti-american, then your logic cannot be trusted.

Yes, not even close, one is guilt by association, the other actually a corrupt pathetic depends master involve in corruption of the worst proportions

Old 10-07-2008, 02:56 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,627 times
Quote:

You're right Elwood, you don't get it. Ayres WAS charged with it but got away on a technicality. I don't know about you but I WOULD NOT sit at the same table with a KNOWN terrorist. In fact I would do my level best to inflict bodily harm if I thought Id get away with it.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM

472 posts, read 872,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Ask the traitor Obama, he is the one that brought Keating up in the first place.

Well... labeling someone a 'traitor' who obviously is not and has performed otherwise seems pretty anti-American to me... just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections