Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,690,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i can't imagine how anyone could believe that obama's economic plan is even going to work in the current economic climate. you have a failing economy and increasing taxation will not work!
His plans will only makes things worse. Businesses need money to survive and he wants to take money away from them.

He will cause massive layoffs and hours will be cut. Along with many businesses who are on the brink will then collapse under his plans.

His plans are worse then many think.

His dirty little fingers are all over the mortgage problems today, his lawsuit against banks to force bad loans to people with terrible credit just proves it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,726,439 times
And how do you think we are going to pay for the 700billion bailout?
Is the money just going to fly out of the sky?
What do you think has to happen to taxes if EITHER party wins???
Or are we just going to use the same credit card that Ronald Reagan used?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,057,444 times
you mean George Bush' credit card don't you?
And both sides voted for the bailout

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,564,765 times
The surplus that clinton got us is gone, wipe out under bush, and Bush brings us deficit, and more deficit, and if McBush is president, you can expect a whole lot more wars to propel the deficit into the stratosphere.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,049,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Judging from the panic on these forums and the reports I've heard that Dems are mad at Dean for not vetting Obama properly, I think that we're going to have some pretty upset Dems.
You just don't know what panic is. THIS is panic...

Quote:
"It's a dangerous road, but we have no choice," a top McCain strategist told the Daily News. "If we keep talking about the economic crisis, we're going to lose."
Insults fly as Barack Obama & John McCain prepare for second debate
Retirement accounts have lost $2 trillion - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_retirement;_ylt=AiRA1i9K_C5zefjYa7HYqLUDW 7oF - broken link)

Dow dips more than 500 on worries about financials - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street;_ylt=Atagi4IjP0nByq.Xm6EMm4kDW7oF - broken link)

Bernanke: Crisis could prolong economic pain - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081007/ap_on_bi_ge/bernanke_economy;_ylt=Am1B5i6Iw5toUJvwinOrQV8DW7oF - broken link)

Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,979,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
If McCain had chosen an intelligent, viable running mate and addressed the issues at hand...then yes, I would be concerned for the Democrats right now, but that's not what's going on.

The Republicans are realizing their mistake in choosing Sarah Palin and are freaking out!
Hence all the baseless mud-slinging.

Can't wait for the debate tonight.
Wonder if McCain can look Obama in the eyes...
You call Palin unintelligent and then attempt to act above the matter by calling out "baseless mud-slinging" by the other side. That is priceless.

4,604 posts, read 8,247,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
Al of my lib friends are in shock at work over these "discoveries".
Bummer ! !

I threw my lib friends under the bus a couple of years ago, Dem and Rep alike.

Avoid the race card, avoid the sexist agenda...

Vote Libertarian

8,754 posts, read 10,196,380 times
My question is why did it take until now to get this information out to the public. Those of us that research for ourselves knew most of it, but he genernal public does not do their homework and only watch the Obama loving media, so they got nothing on this and still aren't getting much. The New York Times just now gets around to reporting on it? This election has been a farce from day one. Something very unsettling about this push to get Obama elected regardless.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,726,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
you mean George Bush' credit card don't you?
And both sides voted for the bailout
No, I meant RR's credit card.
Yes, I know both sides voted for the bailout (a necessary evil). I was responding to the poster who claimed that Obama's economic plan would fail.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,458,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Really? I thought the issues were the economy, security, healthcare, energy . . .

OK, How does he pay for it ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections