Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,872,520 times

Advertisements

I own the jefferson bible. does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I also enjoyed our brief stint as the banking capital of the US. Thanks a lot Ken Thompson.

Anyone else got their guns and bibles? I own one, but not the other. I'll let you decide which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,855,259 times
I will wager giving up posting rights on the political forum here that Obama does NOT get NC. The spread of "liberalism" as one poster put it, will eventually erradicate what brought business/people here to begin with(tax this, tax that, provide this, provide that). When we were a "blue" state 40-50 years, it sure wasn't "liberal" blue. It is already starting to ride the tax and provide tide.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:54 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,786,576 times
Depends a lot on whether we can get the students out to vote. Considering all of the opportunities for early voting, I think NC has a chance of turning blue. I mean, the skies here are already Carolina blue....

Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM

I agree. we've already elected one idiotic state senator who is ultra left. julia bozeman and her foreclosed house. it doesn't take long for liberals to turn into libertarians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I will wager giving up posting rights on the political forum here that Obama does NOT get NC. The spread of "liberalism" as one poster put it, will eventually erradicate what brought business/people here to begin with(tax this, tax that, provide this, provide that). When we were a "blue" state 40-50 years, it sure wasn't "liberal" blue. It is already starting to ride the tax and provide tide.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM

31,689 posts, read 41,105,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You have been completely misinformed. Wherever you have been getting your news, you must make a COMPLETE change or face a life of making nothing but wrong decisions. North Carolina has been nothing but an embarrassment to the progression of this nation since the beginning. Backwards and redneck, the state needs to dig itself out of the dark ages and join the more enlightened regions here in the 21st century. It's time for NC to get off of the bottom. Obama represents a higher standard.

Recap:

McCain, Bush, Podunk Palin, red states, neocons, racists, conservatives, republicans, podunk, GOP, rural conservatives, and southerners still fighting the Civil War are WRONG. Anyone who says differently is WRONG.

That should help you.
My friend you are wrong very wrong. Almost as wrong as McCain when he said Iraq would be easy and we would be greeted as liberators. At least this mistake by yours impacts nothing where as his being wrong about the Iraq war has cost 700 Billion and 4,200 American lives along with God knows how many Iraqi civilians. His wrong is catastrophic yours is actually correctable.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM

someone in california, that ranks #46 in education, telling me I am wrong is encouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
My friend you are wrong very wrong. Almost as wrong as McCain when he said Iraq would be easy and we would be greeted as liberators. At least this mistake by yours impacts nothing where as his being wrong about the Iraq war has cost 700 Billion and 4,200 American lives along with God knows how many Iraqi civilians. His wrong is catastrophic yours is actually correctable.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM

167 posts, read 474,605 times
everyone who posted racist comments against blacks in this thread should kill themselves immediately

NC deserves better, as does America

Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,841,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydvu View Post
It is truly heartbreaking.

No matter what I don't like him. He is dishonest, very much. God know where the America is going.

Am I hearing some one yelling "Vote for Brother Obama and Change America"?

thats because the king of segregation dude on july 4th and is no longer able to preach his states rights campaigns
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/North_Carolina%27s_Republican_Senator-elect_Jesse_Helms_celebrates_his_1972_victory.jpg (broken link)

Helms' editorials featured folksy anecdotes interwoven with conservative views against, amongst others, "the civil rights movement, the liberal news media, and anti-war churches.

Senator No”. He opposed, at various times, civil rights, gay rights, affirmative action, tax increases, abortion, foreign aid, communism, and government support for modern art with nudity. Helms brought "an aggressiveness" to his conservatism, like his rhetoric against homosexuality, and employed racially charged language in his campaigns and editorials.

Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was an icon of conservatism in the United States respected for his steadfastness of convictions; he "never apologized" for his past views on most of these issues, with the exception of the AIDS pandemic

Old 10-08-2008, 06:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,625,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I also enjoyed our brief stint as the banking capital of the US. Thanks a lot Ken Thompson.

Anyone else got their guns and bibles? I own one, but not the other. I'll let you decide which.
So did I...we're still number two.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:53 PM

are you sure he dude on july 4th? I just want to make sure I have the day he dude correct.

so what you're saying is that he did some really good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
thats because the king of segregation dude on july 4th and is no longer able to preach his states rights campaigns

Helms' editorials featured folksy anecdotes interwoven with conservative views against, amongst others, "the civil rights movement, the liberal news media, and anti-war churches.

Senator No”. He opposed, at various times, civil rights, gay rights, affirmative action, tax increases, abortion, foreign aid, communism, and government support for modern art with nudity. Helms brought "an aggressiveness" to his conservatism, like his rhetoric against homosexuality, and employed racially charged language in his campaigns and editorials.

Jesse Helms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was an icon of conservatism in the United States respected for his steadfastness of convictions; he "never apologized" for his past views on most of these issues, with the exception of the AIDS pandemic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections