Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,141 times

Advertisements

Obama has big leads in key states....Yes We Can (Si Se Puede)!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...in-key-states/

"Obama’s lead in Colorado — a state the Democrats have won only twice since 1952 — should be particularly worrisome for McCain," Silverleib said. "Obama can win the White House without Colorado’s nine electoral votes; McCain almost certainly cannot.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I don't care about polls, Ive seen them proven wrong too many times to care about them. What will be will be at the end of the election. In fact, I think polls these days are used to push fear and to weaken morale.

As I have said before, I would be greatly interested to see McCain win, if not just to see the complete shock on all the peoples faces who have been feeding themselves with arrogant claims. Though that certainly would have a downside as they will in their complete denial proclaim some major violation or theft much like the idiots did in the past two elections.

The media stated that it would never again allow itself to be fooled by the polls due to their extremely poor performance in predictions. It seems they have forgotten, and it would be rather amusing to see them proven wrong yet again. Time will tell though, the votes will decide, not political analysis with selectively polling with fancy predictive distribution spreads and frenzied supporters spamming vote lines.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM

26,229 posts, read 49,095,067 times
Fade John Fade. Run John Run - run home and stay there.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 AM

5,169 posts, read 11,445,614 times
Palin squashed any chance McCain had.

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,438,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I don't care about polls, Ive seen them proven wrong too many times to care about them. What will be will be at the end of the election. In fact, I think polls these days are used to push fear and to weaken morale.

As I have said before, I would be greatly interested to see McCain win, if not just to see the complete shock on all the peoples faces who have been feeding themselves with arrogant claims. Though that certainly would have a downside as they will in their complete denial proclaim some major violation or theft much like the idiots did in the past two elections.

The media stated that it would never again allow itself to be fooled by the polls due to their extremely poor performance in predictions. It seems they have forgotten, and it would be rather amusing to see them proven wrong yet again. Time will tell though, the votes will decide, not political analysis with selectively polling with fancy predictive distribution spreads and frenzied supporters spamming vote lines.
Translation: I don't support Obama

You also seem to be confusing exit polls with the regular pre-election polls. Outside of Truman/Dewey perhaps you could cite for me one other presidential election where the polls have been "proven wrong"

One other point, Obama's lead electorally is even larger than his lead nationally. Thus, that much more difficult to overcome.

Obama-357

McCain-181

Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Stick a fork in McCain/Palin, they are done.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,479,668 times
I think McCain knows he may be done. He seems exhausted and his demeanor has changed. He's got this glazed-over look on his face. I'm sure it's part of his "campaign tactic" to redirect the direction the campaign is now headed, but McCain is probably very much aware that Obama has squashed him.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Don't assume anything at this point. In three weeks a lot can happen. If the polls still show a big lead for Obama the Friday before the election (Halloween!) then you can figure that it's probably going his way. I expect to see the polls tighten up between now and then, though.

On election night, if McCain loses Florida, N Carolina, and Ohio, it's all over. They're all in the eastern time zone and they'll be early indicators.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,611,395 times
polls show McCain fading away

They're fooling you, Senator McCain said that's what he wants it to be.

He's got all of you right where he wants you....

Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Don't assume anything at this point. In three weeks a lot can happen. If the polls still show a big lead for Obama the Friday before the election (Halloween!) then you can figure that it's probably going his way. I expect to see the polls tighten up between now and then, though.

On election night, if McCain loses Florida, N Carolina, and Ohio, it's all over. They're all in the eastern time zone and they'll be early indicators.
I personally am encouraged by the polls but I wont be satisfied until the election is over and Barack Obama is our President Elect.

Until then, Im on pins and needles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections