Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,018,419 times

Advertisements

I'm an Obama supporter.. and I've tried to watch EVERY debate with an open mind..

But here it is..

First.. McCain repeatedly tried to deflect that Obama was raising taxes on Joe Plumber.. when clearly Obama said his plan does not ..unless Joe Plumber makes over $250K . Small business is usually a S corporation where its taxed once.. the business is NOT taxed seperately on income from it's owner. If Joe Plumber makes over 250K then yes, he will be..but Obama clearly stated that over 90% of small business make less than 250K! He also ignored Obama's mention in regards to healthcare about IF he wanted to supply healthcare for his employees he will get a 59% CREDIT and SMALL BiZ is EXEMPT from the mandate thate employees cover their employers.. and kept repeating what was NOT TRUE>. JOE PLUMBERS taxes will NOT be raised.

As for negative ads.. I don't think pointing out the bad policies of the opponent is negative. NEGATIVE is when you attack the Character of your opponent. It seems that John McCain wanted to attack Obama on his Ayers association!! Obama did an excellent job of clearning the air and stating the fact taht while we have had an economic crisis McCain has continually tried to focus attention on nonsense!! The ENTIRE conversation about negative this and negative that is just NOT what any of us wanted to hear and I could read Obama's face that he didn't want to talk about it because it was nonsense. He mentioned that the public really does not want to hear it.. but McCain just kept bringing it up over and over !!!

Obama is cool and collected focusing on his opponent when they speak.. McCain snickers snears, makes faces etc etc etc. NOT very presidential if you ask me.

I simply do not believe the Republican candidate when they talk about how they care about the middle class. I really really really don't. Obama said he doesn't MIND paying more.. he is IN the upper tax bracket and doesn't mind paying more.. THAT meant something to me!!! To hear him say that.

and.. Obama's healthcare plan doesn't talk about government running health care.. it talks about giving those that do not have insurance the ability to join in the same health plan that congress enjoys.. they all seem happy and content with their health plan.

McCains plan is BS in my opinion. 5K tax credit.. please my insurance cost more than 2x's that! and then every working family will have to pay taxes on an additional 12K of income for the health benefits they recieve.. WTH!!! Sorry McCain.. your plan does NOTHING to address the issue for me in the healthcare or I should say health insurance arena...

LOL.. the whole conversation of R v W was BS.. NOT putting in a judge based on ideology.. LOL.. easy to say you're not choosing who you back because of Ideology when the judge you are backing happens to be OF the same ideology.. sorry.. didn't believe it McCain

McCain is a great man.. no doubt he loves his country, has served it well and he THINKS he is best for the country.. but that doesn't mean that to me and in my eyes he is..

while McCain was more aggressive tonight and got some zingers in there.. still doesn't change the fundamental facts that none of his policies I can agree or do agree with.. he is SO not the candidate for me..

I pray that we finally get rid of the Republicans and once again have a democratic congress with a democratic president to go in there and clean up the mess that the Republicans have left us with over the last 2 terms... BTW.. a democratic congress can hardly get anything done to clean up the issues with a Republican president. I look forward to watching the demo's really kick it into high gear when Obama wins and we can turn this country around!

and I wil say that this is the first time in my voting career that I have picked a party and have registered with a party and no longer am an independent. I even voted for Bush once (yeah... I'm kicking myself)..You can thank Bush for converting this independent into a full blown democrat!!

Obama 08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
They were both annoying as usual.

Obama seemed more provincial this time around. He was also very laid back and appeared overwhelmed.

McCain seemed more confident; however, his abrasive, petulant, and eerie demeanor was irritating and off putting for me.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 PM

552 posts, read 1,074,272 times

Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,025,612 times
The choice was made VERY CLEAR tonight. You either believe the glib dude who says he can fix everything effortlessly through a myriad of programs and high spending or you believe the experienced dude who says spending MUST be cut and controlled, waste eliminated, and incentives given to encourage business growth.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
McCain looked high off meth or cocaine....did you notice that about his eyes.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:24 PM

615 posts, read 1,173,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieSherry View Post
i am a obama supporter and i feel mccain won the debate.

Well i vote for mccain, 'no'
That is obvious Sherry!!!
Your a democrat and democrats never change sides.
Obama is way over-hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guy will drive us into a heavy recession and
ruin health care.
Both parties are bad candidates for president,
but Obama really scares me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:26 PM

615 posts, read 1,173,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Your an idiot for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:27 PM

552 posts, read 1,074,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The choice was made VERY CLEAR tonight. You either believe the glib dude who says he can fix everything effortlessly through a myriad of programs and high spending or you believe the experienced dude who says spending MUST be cut and controlled, waste eliminated, and incentives given to encourage business growth.
Wow, I never thought you'd see the light!

Welcome to the right side of the ticket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
Why does this ALWAYS happen?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,018,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
Why is he an idiot..it's funny.. LOL. made me laugh

Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,025,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Wow, I never thought you'd see the light!

Welcome to the right side of the ticket!
Ah, so you're voting for McCain? I don't do "glib." Sorry.

Heh, dad always told me to hold onto my pocketbook when listening to a smooth talker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections