Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 06:00 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,186,023 times

Advertisements

Hatchet job on the plumber or not, Obama said it. Or is the plumber a ventriloquist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuatalib View Post
That poor guy....

I would feel a little more sympathy for him if he hadn't used his newly found fame this morning to give a soapbox neo-conservative speech to the media. Seemed like he got a carried away until his tax status, salary, and trade license status became known. Then his humility showed up.

May have been too late. Once you "willfully" allow yourself to become a public figure you must accept the scrutiny that comes with it. McCain took it and ran with it, so did Senator Obama in a sense. Neither actors deeds were Joe's fault and up until his republican stump speech this morning he was an innocent caught up in US politics but now his ego has brought the hot spotlight of scrutiny and factfinders.

It's ok Joe, this will blow over soon. I hope that your boss doesn't get fined and you can keep your job and continue to do the best for you and your son.

Maybe senator McCain needs to vet his political poster children a little better and spare innocents some grief?
Pure garbage. His fame was created because he asked a question that made Obama slip in a very direct manner his philosophy. So, being that this was a question he asked, an issue relevant to his feelings on the matter, he spoke his mind as a common voter and you attempt to so arrogantly claim he should not have a voice?

I guess it is ok for the rap stars, actors, and Hollywood elite to use their power which has NOTHING to do with politics to sway a fan base because well, they are cool right? Keep on talking, you are doing wonders for your position.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 PM

177 posts, read 261,539 times
Thumbs down Joe the plumber owes the state of Ohio $1200

joe the plumber is worried about owing taxes when he is having trouble paying them. Since 2007, joe has owed the state of ohio $1200.

What is wrong with this picture?

Hey, Joe the Plumber, before you start complaining about how much $$$ you will be paying in taxes under Obama's tax plan, don't ya think you ought to pay the taxes you owe under a Republican admin?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

By the time Joe is done he is going to be vilified, unemployed non-tax payer and a racist because he disagrees with Obama.
No, I don't think that's the case. Maybe it's because he lied?

I just heard on 2 TV channels that Joe made $40K last year and his company, Newell Plumbing & Heating, said the business is not for sale. Joe is also not a plumber. He also has a lien for non payment of taxes.

Obama is not the type of person who would attack the average wage earner, but McCain proves how out of touch he is to believe an employee working for a plumbing company makes over $250,000. I never called Joe a racist, but he did pick Sammy Davis Jr when talking about Obama's tax plans. I can think of a lot of other famous dancers, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not always about race. Still, talking about how a tax plan will hurt him because he plans to buy the plumbing company he works for when he can't possibly afford it, or has even made an offer is a fantasy, especially when he can't even pay his taxes. What if I asked went on TV and said I was raped by my uncle and won't be able to get an abortion if Roe v Wade is overturned? It would be a lie, but maybe it could be true for someone, right? Actually, the difference is that many women are raped and incest is a reality but over 95% of small business owners make less than $250,000 a year.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-16-2008 at 06:31 PM..

Old 10-16-2008, 06:25 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,557,490 times
To add...his name is not even Joe...it is Sam. That was reported on Fox.

Another failed gimmick.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
If everyone that ask questions is put on ethics trial you would be hard pressed to find anyone that was able to ask questions. It's ridiculous that the entire media and the "for Obama" local unions are weighing in on this. God forbid anyone have aspirations to be more than your average Joe....no pun intended.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,030,765 times
CNN Money's Fact Check on the impact to Joe the Plumber of Obama's taxes

Checking facts: Will Obama raise small biz taxes? - Oct. 16, 2008

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
His middle name is Joe.

Why attack Joe? He asked a legitimate question of Obama? He didn't force Obama to use those words - Obama just forgot that most people would be alarmed by "spreading the wealth" that is not his to spread.

Can we now see how the media is a tool for obama? They will protect him at all costs.

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
To add...his name is not even Joe...it is Sam. That was reported on Fox.

Another failed gimmick.
What did I tell ya? Vilified....never met the man but blindly following media stories. How about the one that says good ole Joe was not even working for a licensed plumber? That didn't work out so then we will move to Joe needing one....if that does not work out well Joe's family is always a viable option.....Got any pregnant teens or babies with birth defects?

1,718 posts, read 2,426,794 times
That goes well with the fact that he's not even a licensed plumber - which he's not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections