Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 07:52 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,173 times

Advertisements

Uh, even if Joe was a plant, Obama's ANSWER is what matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,408,173 times
Doesn't matter who asked the question. Obama's ANSWER is what matters.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,313,888 times
I liked hearing that Obama is against NAFTA and is proposing tax credits to keep jobs here and from being outsourced.
McCain is in the pocket of big business, as seen in his health care plan.
Voting for McCain will only perpetuate BIG BUSINESS WELFARE.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:55 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,035 times
I don't want Obama taking my money and then distributing it to others, including special interest groups. As evidenced by his past dealings, sound judgement is not his strong suit. Denial, on the other hand...he's a master.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I thought I would get in on the bandwagon and start thread #10 on Joe the Plumber.

1. Do you think he is a plant?

2. Is it fair for the corporate media to endear the public to a McCain supporter but not an Obama supporter?

3. Is Joe's appeal enough to carry the McCain campaign for 2 weeks or will they have to adopt another human interest story or go back to 100% bashing before the election is over?
I just created a post in another thread relevant to this one: //www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ks-debate.html

Yes, I do believe he is a plant. Perhaps an unwitting plant who just happened to be an ardent Republican pre-debate... but for real, I do not put it beyond the Karl Rove-ian politics we've seen McCain practice thus far to find someone like Joe to try to persuade more of America to support him. Like my last post, I'll reiterate though... Joe might be articulate and about to potentially purchase his first business, but he isn't someone we all should be holding up as the small business taxation benchmark. We don't know his real grasp of tax law, and he indeed isn't a small business owner today.

Lastly, Joe's appeal isn't enough to carry the McCain campaign for two weeks; however that doesn't mean that McCain will lose. After the past two elections I don't trust the "system" to record our votes accurately. I wish that wasn't so, but I've seen people lie regarding much less quantities of money than that which are at stake for a national election. I am in the mid-west, supposedly the heart of America, and I am surrounded by people who will vote for Obama but I suspect something funky is going to happen when the final tally is conducted.

Whatever happens, I just pray that a) this warmongering nonsense the US has been involved with the past two presidential terms is brought to an end. b) the US banking system finds itself on firm financial footing sooner rather than later and c) offshore outsourcing of US jobs is brought to an end in some way, shape, or form and d) The US moves towards new energy sources and away from oil as quickly as possible; perhaps becoming a leader in the emerging alternative energy industry.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
My fellow CD'ers, this is a classic example of a great dupe job. Good job Karl. But since these people have very short attention spans I think they should have rolled Joe out a little later in the game.
Well you've managed to try and insult me, but you didn't actually address anything that I said. I can't say I'm surprised. That's the great liberal thinking at work. Anyone you don't agree with is wrong and MUST be dressed down in front of everyone... But you know I'm right because you didn't even try to prove me wrong.

You lose.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Has anyone even looked up the tax rates in Ireland that McCain is fond of mentioning?
Ireland Tax Laws Tax System Ireland. - WorldWide-Tax.com
Ireland also offers universal healthcare, a living wage, massive time off, and the highest standard of living in the EU. So a few discount type businesses go over for the years of low taxes designed to attract, but it seems they never stay. They just use up the low tax time and do not commit to the country at all. Quality companies will stay because in return for the living wage and the taxes, businesses get a highly educated workforce, a helping hand with healthcare, and high productivity despite the time off. The point is that taxes are not everything if there are trade offs.

7,923 posts, read 8,844,138 times
Joe seemed to have a mighty big smile when he was talking to Obama. I'm sure if anyone was as genuinely disgruntled as "Joe", the last thing he would be doing is smiling as he tried to put his point to Obama.

307 posts, read 715,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I'll take #2 since I'm sick and tired of EVERY celebrity trying to endear the public to Obama. Even if I LIKED Obama I would be tired of it.

You know why this guy isn't a plant? Because he's me. He's my next door neighbor. He's my cousin who works 10 hours a day six days a week and is expecting her first child. He's everyone I know, only he's been able to speak to the country while the rest of us have to watch from the sidelines. He works for everything he has and wants to live the American Dream, just like I do, just like everyone else around me. And he's scared. He should be scared.

Meanwhile, the singers and the actors and the dancers and the writers and the directors continue to shove Obama down everyones' throats. I'm a BIG fan of Bruce Springsteen for example. I've seen him 100 times. I've never seen a better live show in my life. But he can shut the hell up about the election. Writing songs doesn't make him qualified to tell people what to do with their vote. Actors and actresses who play politicians in movies doesn't make them experts. And whatever happens, these people will land on their feet. Not everyone will be so lucky.

Finally, what about the actor or singer who likes McCain? Those people are out there, but with the exception of Hank Williams Jr., they're not talking. They know that if they don't fall in line and bow down to Obama they will be labeled racist and will be commiting career suicide.

And people are worried about a plumber...
He is not me, I don't make anywhere near $250k and I don't own three businesses and I am female but if you think that is the average joe then uh ok keep on believing it!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,287,058 times
If that makes you feel like a big boy, then ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections