Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No, I am not crazy. I received rep with a nasty comment with your name on it. If you didn't send that to me then I accept that, but for 2 weeks I have thought you did because I received it. If you didn't send it then someone else did and signed your name. I got 3 others that same night and those were not signed, and one that was signed with your name. I even commented to you on a thread that night that if you were going to send me a nasty rep you probably shouldn't have signed your name. I guess you didn't see that since you seem to know nothing about it and I do believe you. But I also know I received one with your name signed to it. (I said DM earlier but actually it wasn't DM, it was a rep comment).
I guess you don't understand how an Intact Dilation and Extraction "partial birth abortion" is performed. These types of abortions are most commonly performed due to fetal defect such as hydrocephaly. The head is collapsed inside before it is removed from the birth canal. That is why it is safer to perform that type of abortion due to that type of fetal defect.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-17-2008 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I guess you don't understand how an Intact Dilation and Extraction "partial birth abortion" is performed. These types of abortions are most commonly performed due to fetal defect such as hydrocephaly. The head is collapsed inside before it is removed from the birth canal. That is why it is safer to perform that type of abortion due to that type of fetal defect.
I guess it depends on the facility then. Not all facilities perform abortions and if they don't, they aren't in the practice of collapsing the head, in effect killing the fetus, before delivery.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Was anyone else appalled by McCain's sarcastic, sneering use of air quotes during the debate, when discussing the mother's health regarding late-term abortions? (actual air quotes occur at about 1:30 time stamp in video below)

YouTube - John McCain: Mother's Health A Position Pro-Abortion Extremists Take

The man is disgusting. Truly disgusting. I have a feeling he may have pushed a multitude of female undecideds and independents away with that ridiculous, mocking statement. What a chauvinistic a**.
Ironic isnt? A man makes a statement ABOUT abortion and you find that disgusting, but abortion itself.............

Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
By this reasoning, you would be outlawing scalpels.
Um, well, yeah. Exactly.

And morphine for cancer patients...because where there's morphine, there's the potential for people to steal it and abuse it.

And dogs, because some people train dogs to attack people, perhaps kill them.

While we were at it, we'd have to outlaw kitchen knives. Kitchen knives seem to be a popular weapon of choice during domestic issues.

Because something has the potential to be misused or abused doesn't mean we should then outlaw it for every person, in every circumstance. That was my whole point.

Quote:
I guess it depends on the facility then. Not all facilities perform abortions and if they don't, they aren't in the practice of collapsing the head, in effect killing the fetus, before delivery.
We are talking about early termination of pregnancy due to hydrocephaly.

If the woman chooses to carry to term - there will be a different procedure used to ensure safest delivery depending how how she wishes to handle the situation.

If the woman is terminating early due to fetal defect, ID&E is the safest procedure.

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
Then maybe you should report the doctor and/or facility with all of the knowledge you profess to have.

This reminds me of all the posters bashing the "millions on welfare driving brand new cars". Report them. Doctors are legally bound to accuracy in reporting. If you have first hand knowledge, it should be reported. Not repeatedly argued here. Please stay on topic okay?
This happened quite a few years ago and I'm sure the records have been destroyed by now; they are not required to keep them past X amount of years. And no way I could prove it. But I know it happened and I know it does happen. And that IS on topic.

3,085 posts, read 7,255,660 times
As a man I would really feel bad for women if he got in office.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
This happened quite a few years ago and I'm sure the records have been destroyed by now; they are not required to keep them past X amount of years. And no way I could prove it. But I know it happened and I know it does happen. And that IS on topic.
Ok, again. How do you know this happened? Were you there or did you "hear it from someone".

Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,034,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ironic isnt? A man makes a statement ABOUT abortion and you find that disgusting, but abortion itself.............
Who's to say politico doesn't find abortion disgusting? We don't know that. Maybe the very thought of an abortion, on a personal level, brings her to tears. How can we know? Maybe she's never had one. That's certainly a possibility, no? But that doesn't mean she doesn't understand that

(deep breath here; preparing to re-re-re-repeat)

...she thinks that this means there are no circumstances under which a woman should have an abortion, even a late-term one, or that she knows everyone's circumstance and can therefore sit in judgment of every woman, everywhere.

Right?

People.

This is what "choice" means. Sometimes the choice is to keep the baby. Sometimes the choice is to give birth to the baby and then give him or her up for adoption. You know? Pro choice. Not "pro-abortion, yippee, abortions are great!" I have never known anyone who thought an abortion was a fantabulous thing.

I mean come on.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I was trying to get you to answer the "Obama pays his female employees less" side of it. I was discrediting you as you spun more and more. McCain now "chooses" these women. God forbid they could think or act for themselves. The real sexism is making itself abundantly clear.
I didn't answer the "Obama pays his female employees less" argument you put forth, because it has nothing to do with this thread. If you'd like to have that discussion, then I suggest you open a new thread regarding such. You discredited nothing. I'm not sure what "sexism" you are referring to, which you claim is making itself "abundantly clear," unless you are referring to McCain's sexism, in which case, I agree...he has made it abundantly clear that he is sexist and has no interest in women's rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections