Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times

Advertisements

lifenews.com and a college website blog. Neither definively states that Obama will federally fund abortion.

The first article includes this line:
Quote:
Obama, who supports unlimited abortions throughout pregnancy for any reason,
Which is 100% false.

Quote:
Without a specific answer, voters are forced to guess what Obama's plan would do.
So they are SPECULATING that this is what Obama wants.

Show me Obama saying that he wants federal funding for abortion, not a pro-life site claiming he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
lifenews.com and a college website blog. Neither definively states that Obama will federally fund abortion.

The first article includes this line:

Which is 100% false.

So they are SPECULATING that this is what Obama wants.

Show me Obama saying that he wants federal funding for abortion, not a pro-life site claiming he does.
Do you really think he will admit to that???? Did you read the transcripts from his camp???? Get a clue....seriously. Defend him all you want but I'll see you back here if he's elected and that plan goes into action and you see your tax dollars funding abortions.........then we'll talk deal??? I'm serious

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,672,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Do you really think he will admit to that???? Did you read the transcripts from his camp???? Get a clue....seriously. Defend him all you want but I'll see you back here if he's elected and that plan goes into action and you see your tax dollars funding abortions.........then we'll talk deal??? I'm serious
So you admit have no proof that Obama said he would federally fund all abortions, you are just assuming.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,169,672 times
Anyway - just wanted to vent about things that scare me.......take it how you will......have a great Friday all .

Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,770,032 times
Obama is so pro-abortion its scary,He is actually in favor of killing a baby..
Outside of the womb that survives an abortion,and late term as well.
many many democrats arent as pro-abortion as he is.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

192 posts, read 631,912 times
I received an email regarding a lawsuit against Obama regarding the fact that he refuses to produce a birth certificate proving he is a "natural born" citizen - which is a requirement for being President. I have checked out the attorney and it seems legit - anyone know anything about this? I'm not anti Obama by the way but I'm very concerned about many "holes" in his resume. I also met 3 folks from Illinois while on vacation and they have hoorifying stories. Just trying to get input...

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,558,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I would have changed my vote after the last debate. I was soooooo extremely that I am seriously considering moving to Canada if he gets elected.......Let me first say this....I am pro-life because of my own feelings and beliefs on the subject and I realize there is that little thing called "free will" so I don't try to change other ppls POV's in any sense but after hearing that Obama wants to use the american peoples taxes to pay for little miss hood rat's annual abortions.........that realllllyyyyy Pi$$es me the
he77 off

Canada, huh? I do believe that abortion is covered under Canada's taxpayer funded national healthcare. So, you'd still be paying for "little miss hood rat's annual abortions" It's just that "little miss hood rat" would be from Toronto, or Winnipeg, or Vancouver etc instead of New York or Chicago or LA or Atlanta, etc.. Also, by Canadian standards, Obama is considered conservative. I don't think Canada would be a good fit for you. Have you considered Saudi Arabia?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,005,522 times
LOLA8822 - The burdern of proof is on you! You are making the allegation that he will start federally funded abortions. Therefor, you are the one that should prove your allegation.

Until you do that, this discussion has no merit.

So, do you have a link from a reliable source or not?

You arent the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,005,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Obama is so pro-abortion its scary,He is actually in favor of killing a baby..
Outside of the womb that survives an abortion,and late term as well.
many many democrats arent as pro-abortion as he is.

No one is pro-abortion. That's stupid. He just supports the right to CHOOSE.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,728,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews1965 View Post
I received an email regarding a lawsuit against Obama regarding the fact that he refuses to produce a birth certificate proving he is a "natural born" citizen - which is a requirement for being President. I have checked out the attorney and it seems legit - anyone know anything about this? I'm not anti Obama by the way but I'm very concerned about many "holes" in his resume. I also met 3 folks from Illinois while on vacation and they have hoorifying stories. Just trying to get input...
There are dozens of threads on this topic. It is wild speculation and has been debunked numerous time, but there are wackos out there who hold desperately to this as their last hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections