Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times

Advertisements

After the break, he came right out and said he has no problem with Liddy, who served his time, unlike Ayers, who didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 12:29 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,238,791 times
Letterman is clearly an Independent that leans towards the left, that's been obvious for quite some time. Ayers came out in 2001 and said he doesn't regret the bombings and wishes he would have done more, that's just one example of how much of a piece of garbage that man is, and for Nobama to insist he was just some guy in the neighborhood is a crock.

Had Letterman been interviewing Nobama I seriously doubt he would have been trying to back him into a corner the way he was trying to do with McCain. The media absolutely makes me sick, I have never seen them so biased in my life. If I were McCain I would never appear on his show again, and when he continued to suggest that Palin wasn't qualified to be VP I would have said David, please tell me why you feel Nobama is more qualified to be President than Sarah is to be VP. I would have loved to have seen what the liberal host along with his liberal audience would have said.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,937,235 times
Default A video from a Palin Rally on Monday

edit

Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,650,019 times
Why can't journalists be like this? They almost never ask the hard questions and when they do ask them and don't get a direct answer, they never push to get an answer.

4,688 posts, read 10,114,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Letterman is clearly an Independent that leans towards the left, that's been obvious for quite some time. Ayers came out in 2001 and said he doesn't regret the bombings and wishes he would have done more, that's just one example of how much of a piece of garbage that man is, and for Nobama to insist he was just some guy in the neighborhood is a crock.

Had Letterman been interviewing Nobama I seriously doubt he would have been trying to back him into a corner the way he was trying to do with McCain. The media absolutely makes me sick, I have never seen them so biased in my life. If I were McCain I would never appear on his show again, and when he continued to suggest that Palin wasn't qualified to be VP I would have said David, please tell me why you feel Nobama is more qualified to be President than Sarah is to be VP. I would have loved to have seen what the liberal host along with his liberal audience would have said.
Obama also isn't running a campaign based on McCain's association with Liddy - an unrepentent terrorist who held a fundraiser for McCain in his own home

I just don't know how you can vote for someone who clearly hates America like McCain...

Or is that bullsh*t only fair when it comes from a Republican?

5,376 posts, read 5,350,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
After the break, he came right out and said he has no problem with Liddy, who served his time, unlike Ayers, who didn't.
To serve time you have to be charged and convicted. He wasn't convicted.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,670,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark85 View Post
There's nothing unfair about it whatsoever. Letterman took the opportunity to reveal McCain's hypocrisy which people deserve to know about. The difference is McCain really is a buddy of terrorist, murderer and ex-con Liddy.

"did you have a relationship with Gordon Liddy?'
"uh, uh, I met him. Who? Gordon Liddy?"

after the commercial break, realizing he can't lie about this:

"I'm not ashamed to say I know Gordon Liddy".

Notice also how McCain tried his best to brush off Letterman's request that Palin be a guest on his show.
You need to brush up on your "facts".

Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,605,366 times
OMG-McBush held a fund raiser for a convicted convict at his home. Now, just imagine if Obama had done that. We are playing with two different sets of rules. Everytime I hear more about McBush, I am more convinced than ever I am voting for the correct candidate.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Have you won any Olympic skating medals?

You skate beautifully around the FACT that Ayers didn't 'serve his time' because he HAD NONE! Liddy's a convicted criminal, Ayers isn't.

Or did I miss a bulletin, have YOU been appointed arbiter of guilt & innocence and the trial by jury sytem become obsolete?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,028,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
OMG-McBush held a fund raiser for a convicted convict at his home. Now, just imagine if Obama had done that. We are playing with two different sets of rules. Everytime I hear more about McBush, I am more convinced than ever I am voting for the correct candidate.
OMG.. we already have enough McBush-it on the forum, what with the Muslim, Terrorist, Kenyan, etc. etc. and Reps don't seem to think they are doing any mudslinging.. there is on both sides..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections