Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:24 AM

25 posts, read 32,480 times

Advertisements

some sarcasm here- I want to watch the dance, listen to the (off key) music a bit more...it's quite a show.

Actually, just last week, I listened about a NEW 150 or 300 Billion Bailout Bill proposal made by Democrat Harry Reid-

Oh! but this one is for "the folks", main street, build roads, bridges, you know put people to work and a little sumpthin' sumpthin' for the folks in the ways of another 'rebate'...yada yada
To be proposed right after they return to Congress from- you guessed it- The ELECTIONS. That would put the Bailouts up to 1 Trillion; and with New Politicians seated.

This certainly frosted my pumpkin.
Could that be the tipping point for me? Maybe.

Guess I better go out and buy a hardhat for that road I'm gonna help build. LOL
(nope not giving up my day job!)

They haven't even spent the recent/previous 700 Billion ( I believe it actually ended up being 850 Billion)!

What is this man thinking? sigh

Another thing I watch and listen to is, the ugliness spewed.

It's truely something to, for example, read THIS C-D Forum.
Do I really want to be 'part of' what some of the Posters represent, and the things they post/think?

How to win hearts and make new 'friends'?
Some simply D-r-i-p with it.

Makes ya go Hmmmmmmmmm

I like being an Independent.

I'm leaning but, I'll keep it private. I'll not be part of a Gloat party afterwards here either. That will be the ugliest of it all.

I will end with, there ARE some nice and intelligent posters here, that don't harp and don't get their 'literature' to post, from surrogate or pundit sites to the extreme and don't Insult others, for their views or Candidate choice, all the time.

It does no good to even explain it, I suppose.

As I've said, this place could use a Morale officer!

Have a Good night Yooperkat.

Last edited by VoteVoteVote; 10-18-2008 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: it's late, $ amounts are foggy :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 01:08 AM

353 posts, read 552,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am an Independent and I am not voting for either candidate although I favor Obama. Obama is a more intelligent person, he is much more eloquent and charismatic than Mc Cain. I would NEVER vote for someone who does not know basic Geography, Economics or even Foreign Affairs like Mc Cain. I want my president to be smarter than me, not dumber! The higher tax argument does not bother me as much because Mc Cain will make the deficit even worse than it is, simply because he is ignorant. The comment he made about being in Iraq for 10 years is simply idiotic, that would basically bankrupt the country and he probably does not even understand that (probably never took Econ 101 in his life). We do not need another idiot in the WH, we had one for 8 years and the results are clear to see. Although I do not believe in the typical Democrat BS like higher tax, big government and nanny state, Obama is the lesser of the two evils.
Independent my ass.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:18 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Do you believe that higher taxes and more spending is the answer?

**The Supreme Court will not change choice.** So this is not a factor for voters.

What are the issues that make Independents or Undecidedes lean one way or the other?

Something will make you pull the lever for McCain or Obama.

What will be that deciding factor?
as a registered independent, I want the government to get the hell out of my life, and let me work for my American Dream. I want them to quit handing out my money to people that do not deserve it, and to spend the money we entrust them with wisely, Not on some study of the uses of wool or whiskey. I want the supreme court, as well as all of the lower courts to stop ruling from the bench, and rule based on the constitution we have held so dearly for well over 200 years. I want to be able to raise my daughter with my views, and not be indoctrinated when she goes to school. I want to say what I believe, and say what I want without having to think about it being politically correct or not. I want the government to grow some balls and protect the people of this fine nation at its borders.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:24 AM

789 posts, read 1,334,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
as a registered independent, I want the government to get the hell out of my life, and let me work for my American Dream. I want them to quit handing out my money to people that do not deserve it, and to spend the money we entrust them with wisely, Not on some study of the uses of wool or whiskey. I want the supreme court, as well as all of the lower courts to stop ruling from the bench, and rule based on the constitution we have held so dearly for well over 200 years. I want to be able to raise my daughter with my views, and not be indoctrinated when she goes to school. I want to say what I believe, and say what I want without having to think about it being politically correct or not. I want the government to grow some balls and protect the people of this fine nation at its borders.
Could you elaborate more?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
as a registered independent, I want the government to get the hell out of my life, and let me work for my American Dream.
You don't hear that too often on City-Data. Usually you hear "What can I get for free".

The thrust of the Democratic message is a chicken in every pot.

Quote:
I want them to quit handing out my money to people that do not deserve it, and to spend the money we entrust them with wisely, Not on some study of the uses of wool or whiskey. I want the supreme court, as well as all of the lower courts to stop ruling from the bench, and rule based on the constitution we have held so dearly for well over 200 years. I want to be able to raise my daughter with my views, and not be indoctrinated when she goes to school. I want to say what I believe, and say what I want without having to think about it being politically correct or not. I want the government to grow some balls and protect the people of this fine nation at its borders.
All Democrats want to do is tax, spend and regulate.

America deserves better. And so does Noahma's daughter.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 AM

353 posts, read 552,348 times
Quote:
I do not want higher taxes but even with higher taxes, I think Obama will do a better job overall. Mc Cain's plan will bankrupt this country especially
if he does not do anything about these 2 idiotic wars we are fighting and also his idea of repealing the AMT will add billions if not trillions to our National debt due to lost tax revenue. I do not trust Mc Cain because he probably does not even understand the importance of reducing our National Debt.
Any more liberal talking points you want to touch on.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Could you elaborate more?
sure, Colorado has a long history of teachers not teaching the classes they should be. We have had math and science teachers going on political tirades within the past few years, when they should be teaching...... yes thats right, math and science, not politics. Boulder High school had guest speakers that were telling kids to go out and have Sex, do drugs, because they were going to do it anyway. That is NOT my viewpoint, and it is something that needs to be discussed with parents, not in a high school setting without parents consent.

'Have sex, do drugs,' speaker tells students

Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Right, George W Bush is the prime example of a Republican "smaller government" administration LOL!
once again, we have another poster who does not know the difference between the democratic congress of the last 2 years and the republican congress that preceded it. that tells you that the democrats have been completely inefficient in office. they had control of both of the house and the senate yet the only thing that they have accomplished in the last 2 years is passing all of the bailout bills!

Old 10-18-2008, 03:50 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Members of both parties are immeasurably corrupt. Both presidential candidates, as well as most other party leaders, have no clue as to the underlying problems facing the domestic US economy. On the contrary, they keep feeding them.

The only hope is reform from within. The best way to help is to vote third party where possible and, if not, vote against incumbents or vote blank.

But this strategy will only be effective if the number of third-party and blank votes is visible, let's say at least 8% nationally, 10% would be better.

The republicans need to take a thrashing, the population will have to hold its breathe for about two years, hopefully they will purge and a new, more competent, group of leaders will emerge, and a healthier balance between social policy and free markets will be restored after komrades Bush, Frank, Dodd, Pelosi, Paulson et al have skewed it, probably beyond repair.

If any such attempt at restoration fails, we will all submerge, forced in silence to become a part of the group of mediocre idiots that this country has slowly become, a process accelerated over the past six years or so, as reflected in the ridiculous partisan blabbering even on this forum.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:15 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times
As an independent, I see the flaws in both parties. Those who rave about the republican party equating with less taxes and less government are fooling themselves. That may have been true 40 years ago but certainly not in today's times. THEY BOTH SPEND AND THEY BOTH RAISE TAXES. Now, at least under Clinton, our deficit went down. Hence, my vote for Obama. I am sick of the rhetoric and lies of the republicans. If that means I deal with the same from the democrats, so be it. At least it will be a new cast of characters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections