Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:55 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Wake up, please. Here are quotes from McCain's own campaign people:

GOP 'robo calls' slam Obama in 10 swing states | National | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/6065298.html - broken link)
McCain's campaign is hounded by two kinds of people.

1) People who wants McCain to be president because they believe that McCain is fit to do the job

2) People who wants McCain to be president because they believe that OBAMA is a risk to the nation.

The number 2 group is the one giving the campaign big problems!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:01 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,426,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

1) People who wants McCain to be president because they believe that McCain is fit to do the job

2) People who wants McCain to be president because they believe that OBAMA is a risk to the nation.

While I agree #2 may be giving them problems, I do not however give him a pass because of those problems or that group since he has been oh so willing to fan those flames. If he's getting burned by the fire he was trying to stoke and erroneously thought he could control then that's his problem. He deserves no pass because of it.

If you scream fire into a crowded building don't then act shocked if you are stampeded.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:16 AM

7,188 posts, read 4,774,809 times
I received a few robos calls on behalf of several local politicians. The call blamed "the liberals" for everything under the sun when in fact the Republicans control my neighborhood. I voted against them.

I despise robo calls.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:19 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I received a few robos calls on behalf of several local politicians. The call blamed "the liberals" for everything under the sun when in fact the Republicans control my neighborhood. I voted against them.

I despise robo calls.
Robocalls are meant to appeal to the uneducated, the fearful, the racist, and/or the easily terrorized. They are very successful with those types of people. McCain and Palin are revolting human beings. The fact that they would resort to this level of fear-mongering, that they are so anti-American that they are willing to subvert and sully the democratic process in this way speaks volumes about their low character. The hateful love them because they are hateful. Makes perfect sense.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,714 times
If you are influenced by one phone call, you must have a very weak mind indeed. I could never vote for someone who is willing to stoop this low to win an election, this show the kind of scumbag John Mc Cain really is. I am not even voting for Obama but if I was, this kind of dirty trick would make me vote for Obama for a lack of a better choice. Mc Cain is a person with no character, morals or values, he does not even know what he believes in, a total loser.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,722 times
Robo calls of ANY kind should be illegal. Children often answer the telephone and can be traumatized by calls like the ones McCain's campaign is making. One North Carolina mother is FURIOUS because her 7 year old daughter answered the robocall and was terrified by what she heard.

McCain just continues to anger and turn off undecided voters with the hate mongering spewed by his campaign.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:32 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,030,765 times
I wonder if it mentions that Obama is an Arab...
you know how gullible some people are..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
Anyone who is swayed by a robocall is an idiot two ways:

1. They actually listened to a robocall.
2. They let it make up their mind.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,672,329 times
It's pretty sad that any campaign would think that making a stupid telemarketing call would add anything of significance to their campaign. And, forget about honor or integrity--that went into the basket weeks ago.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:43 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
While I agree #2 may be giving them problems, I do not however give him a pass because of those problems or that group since he has been oh so willing to fan those flames. If he's getting burned by the fire he was trying to stoke and erroneously thought he could control then that's his problem. He deserves no pass because of it.

If you scream fire into a crowded building don't then act shocked if you are stampeded.

The number 2 group are adamant with McCain. They think that it is McCain's responsibility to tell the voters about the background of OBAMA so that the voters would make informed decisions.

They feel that McCain has not done enough to investigate and push for the investigation of OBAMA's background. If Obama wins, the number 2 group will blame McCAIN. It will be McCain's fault because he did not convince the public that Obama is a threat to the nation.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:23 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,445,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Dont worry - if he croaks, we will get someone who needs to be periodically de-witched by Muthee.
Ugh! That is an even scarier thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections