Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,032,719 times

Advertisements

His campaign is the most disorganized I have seen in a while. First they mudsling. Then they say, oh wait, lets run a clean campaign. Now the robocalls.

Is this the way to run a campaign?

It reflects poorly on how he will run his government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 01:28 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,446,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
It reflects poorly on how he will run his government.
Exactly. Obama's campaign has been ran like a well-oiled machine which gives me confidence in how he will run the government. On the other hand, look how McCain has ran his campaign and now look at the stuff he is doing just to try to win.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:30 PM

213 posts, read 337,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yeah, that's just what we need in a president. Someone who calls people up saying the other candidate is a terrorist. Yep, that's just what we need.
No...what we don't need in a president is someone who actually is FRIENDS with terrorists (not to mention wants to sit down to tea with those terrorists he hasn't met yet) and then lies about it...how blind can you libs be??? Sheesh...

Old 10-18-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Exactly. Obama's campaign has been ran like a well-oiled machine which gives me confidence in how he will run the government. On the other hand, look how McCain has ran his campaign and now look at the stuff he is doing just to try to win.
Yep...so well-oiled that he actually has convinced people like you that he isn't a radical, terrorist-loving, left-wing extremist marxist. Now there's a well-oiled guy...however; I think slimy describes him much better.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,192,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
My aunt is a fence sitter, just called me with some good news, she is voting for Mccain. She told me the phone call she recieved put doubts in her mind about Obamas character, keep those calls coming in.
I hope you respected your aunt enough to direct her to look up the facts on those doubts and make up her mind herself, and did not perpetuate lies and innuendo.

Im sure you did the honorable thing.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,663,530 times
Quote:
Yep...so well-oiled that he actually has convinced people like you that he isn't a radical, terrorist-loving, left-wing extremist marxist. Now there's a well-oiled guy...however; I think slimy describes him much better.
ROTFL you haven't even read up on your candidate. Do some searching on his friendship with Liddy then come back and talk about who loves terrorists.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Robocalls are meant to appeal to the uneducated, the fearful, the racist, and/or the easily terrorized. They are very successful with those types of people. McCain and Palin are revolting human beings. The fact that they would resort to this level of fear-mongering, that they are so anti-American that they are willing to subvert and sully the democratic process in this way speaks volumes about their low character. The hateful love them because they are hateful. Makes perfect sense.
No, the weak and hateful (i.e. liberals) love barry hussein osama because he is an anti-American hater like them who knows he can brainwash these sad and pathetic people into becoming mindless followers. He has no character; only a savage, liberally-biased media who is a slimy as he is and has gone out of its way to hide his racism, terrorist friends, racist, Anti-American preacher and hate for all American freedoms and rights. Nothing about barry makes sense, except maybe to those other marxists who hate America as much as he does. Now that's something to be proud of.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
ROTFL you haven't even read up on your candidate. Do some searching on his friendship with Liddy then come back and talk about who loves terrorists.
Oh honey, that lie has been tried before and debunked. Guess you'll have to go back to the communist news network (CNN) or DNC-TV (MSNBC) for some more "news." God bless.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
Sorry, but I have to call baloney. I've seen lots of "aunts" or "uncles" or "bosses" who "were undecided and now are voting for McCain!!!!" all this while, yet somehow, Obama remains in the lead in polls. Folks, this isn't follow-the-leader (or follow-the-nonexistent-relative). On the other hand, if people decide their a vote based on one phone call, then we're all doomed anyway, so it doesn't matter much. :P But frankly...I give people a bit more credit than that.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,039,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
No, the weak and hateful (i.e. liberals) love barry hussein osama because he is an anti-American hater like them who knows he can brainwash these sad and pathetic people into becoming mindless followers. He has no character; only a savage, liberally-biased media who is a slimy as he is and has gone out of its way to hide his racism, terrorist friends, racist, Anti-American preacher and hate for all American freedoms and rights. Nothing about barry makes sense, except maybe to those other marxists who hate America as much as he does. Now that's something to be proud of.
I love how the most blaringly hate-filled, angry, bashing, freaking-out, accusation-riddled posts are always by conservatives talking about how hateful "libs" are.

Um............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections