Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,896,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Link?
GOP convention...part that I actually saw....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
GOP convention...part that I actually saw....
Nice cop-out.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 PM

I am not that interested in finding out his name....he was featured front and center,shouldn't be too difficult.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,929 times
Quote:
I am not that interested in finding out his name....he was featured front and center,shouldn't be too difficult.
If you post something you should at least be able to back it up.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,968,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
McCain's popularity with military veterans is dropping as his lack of support for the Veteran's Administration is made known, as was his opposition to the new G.I. Bill.

I'm sure McCain's opposition to the V.A. is designed to underfund it so badly that it becomes such a disgrace that it's shut down, and we start writing checks to for-profit hospitals like the ones owned by HCA, a firm once owned by the family of Senator Frist of TN. It's all about the money with the GOP, always. Greed rules their crooked souls.

The National Chamber of Commerce is always lobbying against anything run by the military, to include the PX and Commissary systems, so that military paychecks get spent at Wal-Mart and a ton of other corporate places. Greed. Greed. Greed.
I'm interested as I have seen a couple of these claims. Pick one of these bills and then for giggles, display the entire bill here for us to see. That is, show us what else was in this bill so we can see if we would vote for it as well.

It can be a game of "Would you vote for this, if it had this?" type of game. That way, people can see how bills work and they can learn about what pork is and why many bills are often opposed by people who you would otherwise think would vote for them. It will be a blast, you go ahead and start us!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:48 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,177,548 times
Quote:
What would they know???

I guess they woudl know what it is like to be in the military and so support McCain....

Sorry that seems to annoy you.
Actually you could not be more wrong but I guess we each have been touched by individuals that are at the forefront and they have differing accounts as to what this war means to them!
My husband has already done 2 tours in Iraq right after 9/11 and again in 03'. All he could tell me is that he had hoped that idiot of a pres would not be re-elected bt he was not counting on reps making the same mistake 2x, he was wrong!
I had a good friend whom I have known for over 18 years come back a shell of man after he and a comrade were hit by a dirty bomb! His friend did not make it back but he did and he vlames the president and the campaign, he became anti- pres and was given a dishonorable discharge?
There are many documentaries one in particular made by HBO "Alive days' were soldiers have differeing views as to what the war has done for them, taken away, what they thought and so forth.
My husband just got orders that he is supposed to report to Ft Sam Houston In january to possibly do a tour in Afganistan? I tried to sound positive and stated "Maybe it will not happen" He stated cross your fingers that BO gets elected and ends this thumb up your ass war mongering rhetoric, if we get McLame? I will be there as well as other brothers for 3-10 years!

Old 10-25-2008, 06:52 AM

Obama doesn't have any plans to end EITHER war....if anything he has stated he would expand the GWOT to other nations.

Where did you husband do his first tour right after 9/11,OIF didn't happen until 2003?

Our best friend is going back for the third time,last one he said was so much different from the first.Not sure where he is going this third time,somewhere dusty and dirty I imagine....

Marine infantry seem to get those type jobs.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
I wonder if people will call him neo-liberal?

Old 10-25-2008, 11:06 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,099,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I added the color, for emphasis.

The vets DESERVE it. Period.

Here are the one who do NOT deserve our taxpayer money:
- Billions for oil loopholes and "incentives"
- Billions for corn ethanol
- Billions for farm subsidies
- Trillion dollar tax cut in 2001 for the wealthy who did NOT need it, nor have they done anything useful with that money.

The vets DESERVE it, the other federal teat suckers do NOT.
You left Haliburton's xmas presents off the list tho'.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:09 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,099,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Actually you could not be more wrong but I guess we each have been touched by individuals that are at the forefront and they have differing accounts as to what this war means to them!
My husband has already done 2 tours in Iraq right after 9/11 and again in 03'. All he could tell me is that he had hoped that idiot of a pres would not be re-elected bt he was not counting on reps making the same mistake 2x, he was wrong!
I had a good friend whom I have known for over 18 years come back a shell of man after he and a comrade were hit by a dirty bomb! His friend did not make it back but he did and he vlames the president and the campaign, he became anti- pres and was given a dishonorable discharge?
There are many documentaries one in particular made by HBO "Alive days' were soldiers have differeing views as to what the war has done for them, taken away, what they thought and so forth.
My husband just got orders that he is supposed to report to Ft Sam Houston In january to possibly do a tour in Afganistan? I tried to sound positive and stated "Maybe it will not happen" He stated cross your fingers that BO gets elected and ends this thumb up your ass war mongering rhetoric, if we get McLame? I will be there as well as other brothers for 3-10 years!
GREAT POST....Also if you'll notice,the VAST majority of the warmonging republicans in this country NEVER SERVED IN COMBAT OR AT ALL FOR THAT MATTER!!!! COWARDS one and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections