Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you voted?
Yes 59 55.14%
No 48 44.86%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,980,599 times

Advertisements

don't have early voting in NY state I wish we did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,971,287 times
In 2004 I waited in line for 2 hours for early voting (it was always crowded) and then found out there was no line on election day :-/

I will do it this year again but not on a weekend, I'll go tomorrow.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:33 PM

745 posts, read 1,298,251 times
Just voted yesterday on the first day for early voting, and waited for just under an hour. Apparently the lines were like that all day at several of the polling places.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:38 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
But I'm Voting Democratic!

I’m voting Democrat because Congress has done such a wonderful job under Democrat leadership the last two years, that I want a lot more of the same.
I’m voting Democrat because I want to get my health care from the same competent, efficient, cost-effective, customer-service-focused folks who run the US Post Office, the Pentagon, FEMA and the state Registry of Motor Vehicles.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has promised to cut the taxes of 95% of the people, including the 30% who don’t pay taxes.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has promised to take away the secret ballot in union elections, and I think the union bosses should know if a workingman or woman is with them, or against them.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has over three years experience in the Federal Government, and “Hope” is a great strategy.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama voted “present” instead of “yes” or “no” over 120 times in the Illinois State Senate, and I think we need a decisive president.
I’m voting Democrat because I think that drilling for American oil is foolish, when we can buy oil from the Middle East.
I’m voting Democrat because I think windmills (except off Hyannis) are a better answer to reliable, clean energy than Nuclear Energy.
I’m voting Democrat because I don’t think we give enough to other countries in foreign aid.
I’m voting Democrat because I’m for putting up barriers to free trade, as they did in 1930 with the Smoot-Hawley bill. That made things much better then.
I’m voting Democrat because I miss the high unemployment, inflation and interest rates of the Jimmy Carter years.
I’m voting Democrat because parents shouldn’t get to choose the school their kids go to. Parents should leave their children’s education to the teachers and stay out of it.
I’m voting Democrat because I think this is the perfect time to raise the Capital Gains tax and drive investment money out of the stock market.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would, and I want to spread my wealth around to those who earn less-or nothing.
I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. Silence Rush Limbaugh!
I'm voting Democrat because, when we pull out of Iraq, I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about restoring partial birth abortions so long as we keep all death row murderers alive.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that small businesses should not be allowed to make a profit. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution to people who didn’t start businesses.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the law is what judges say it is, and not what legislators say -- or the constitution.
I’m voting Democrat because the media would call me a racist if I didn’t.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending MY MONEY than I would.
I think when you spread the wealth around it is good for everybody!
It's Patriotic!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. All profits are evil and should be confiscated for Government Redistribution.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that MORE Government regulations and higher taxes on Business will stop Business from exporting their jobs to Countries with LESS Government regulations and lower taxes.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe terrorists should be allowed to have trials in American courts. And be able to subpoena top secret documents, soldiers, government officials, etc. to cross examine for their defense.
They should have ACLU lawyers who can help intimidate Americans who serve on the juries!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Gay Marriage should be the law of the land and will probably produce better children.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe English should not be the official language of the United States. I don't mind pushing one for English when I use the phone.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe partial birth abortion is okay but water boarding a terrorist is disgusting.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe having a domestic terrorist like Bill Ayers as a close friend is a good thing. It allows for great relations with foreign terrorists.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe in a FREE government health care system. I believe doctors, nurses, hospitals, drug companies, etc. will gladly donate their time, products, services, facilities, etc. for FREE and that will be a better system.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe in and support trial lawyers, frivolous lawsuits and outrageous jury verdicts.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe 9/11 was an inside job to con the American people to go to war for oil.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe social security is solvent and that there is a social security lock box and I don't believe social security is a Ponzi scheme.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe MOST AMERICANS are bitter and cling to their guns and religion. Let's rid our country of guns and religion!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe illegal aliens deserve all the rights of ordinary Americans plus some additional rights Americans do not have.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe corporations should pay higher taxes! I believe higher taxes on business will make the price of their products and services LESS EXPENSIVE.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe groups like ACORN who register felons, drug addicts, wino's, homeless drifters, illegal aliens, dead people, children, fictional Disney characters, etc. makes my vote count more.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe celebrating the winter solstice shows compassion for the small minority of people that do not celebrate Christmas.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe hard core criminal murderers and @#@###s deserve life and that the innocent unborn deserve death. It's a choice I can live with.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Bush caused Hurricane Katrina and he blew-up the levies in the ninth ward of New Orleans.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that any one who is not partaking in one of the many wonderful government programs obviously has too much money and should pay higher taxes.
I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq the terrorists will be happy and now think of us as good people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe our soldiers are AIR RAIDING villages and killing innocent people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe sex in the Oval Office with an intern is a private matter and that everybody lies under oath about sex.
I'm votin Demokrat becuse I wus edumkated at a publick sckrool. I lik da Natsionel Edukatshun Assoseeashun!
I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as it does not offend people.
Can't we all just get along?
I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits are wrong. I believe higher taxes on oil companies will produce lower prices at the pump.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe we need to rid ourselves of dependency on foreign oil, BUT I AM AGAINST offshore drilling for oil and natural gas, drilling in ANWR, building nuclear power plants and clean coal technology.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Reverend Wright when he said "GODD&%N AMERICA" and "OUR CHICKENS ARE COMING HOME TO ROOST". Hey let's make a comfortable nest for those chickens!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:48 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,356 times
There is early voting here where we live North Carolina. I guess there is a feeling of excitment to vote on voting day. From what I hear today in some places there is a 3 line wait. I really do think that people who work should plan for this on election day. I know some places that people work at support your right to vote and will allow some adjustments. Although there are some jobs like teacher where you have to be on the job at a certian time. I know I have three small kids the thought of standing in line for three hours doesn't thrill me. I do think that people will vote. I just think people need to plan to wait.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
But I'm Voting Democratic!

I’m voting Democrat because Congress has done such a wonderful job under Democrat leadership the last two years, that I want a lot more of the same.
I’m voting Democrat because I want to get my health care from the same competent, efficient, cost-effective, customer-service-focused folks who run the US Post Office, the Pentagon, FEMA and the state Registry of Motor Vehicles.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has promised to cut the taxes of 95% of the people, including the 30% who don’t pay taxes.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has promised to take away the secret ballot in union elections, and I think the union bosses should know if a workingman or woman is with them, or against them.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama has over three years experience in the Federal Government, and “Hope” is a great strategy.
I’m voting Democrat because Sen. Obama voted “present” instead of “yes” or “no” over 120 times in the Illinois State Senate, and I think we need a decisive president.
I’m voting Democrat because I think that drilling for American oil is foolish, when we can buy oil from the Middle East.
I’m voting Democrat because I think windmills (except off Hyannis) are a better answer to reliable, clean energy than Nuclear Energy.
I’m voting Democrat because I don’t think we give enough to other countries in foreign aid.
I’m voting Democrat because I’m for putting up barriers to free trade, as they did in 1930 with the Smoot-Hawley bill. That made things much better then.
I’m voting Democrat because I miss the high unemployment, inflation and interest rates of the Jimmy Carter years.
I’m voting Democrat because parents shouldn’t get to choose the school their kids go to. Parents should leave their children’s education to the teachers and stay out of it.
I’m voting Democrat because I think this is the perfect time to raise the Capital Gains tax and drive investment money out of the stock market.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would, and I want to spread my wealth around to those who earn less-or nothing.
I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it. Silence Rush Limbaugh!
I'm voting Democrat because, when we pull out of Iraq, I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about restoring partial birth abortions so long as we keep all death row murderers alive.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that small businesses should not be allowed to make a profit. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution to people who didn’t start businesses.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the law is what judges say it is, and not what legislators say -- or the constitution.
I’m voting Democrat because the media would call me a racist if I didn’t.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending MY MONEY than I would.
I think when you spread the wealth around it is good for everybody!
It's Patriotic!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. All profits are evil and should be confiscated for Government Redistribution.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that MORE Government regulations and higher taxes on Business will stop Business from exporting their jobs to Countries with LESS Government regulations and lower taxes.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe terrorists should be allowed to have trials in American courts. And be able to subpoena top secret documents, soldiers, government officials, etc. to cross examine for their defense.
They should have ACLU lawyers who can help intimidate Americans who serve on the juries!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Gay Marriage should be the law of the land and will probably produce better children.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe English should not be the official language of the United States. I don't mind pushing one for English when I use the phone.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe partial birth abortion is okay but water boarding a terrorist is disgusting.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe having a domestic terrorist like Bill Ayers as a close friend is a good thing. It allows for great relations with foreign terrorists.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe in a FREE government health care system. I believe doctors, nurses, hospitals, drug companies, etc. will gladly donate their time, products, services, facilities, etc. for FREE and that will be a better system.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe in and support trial lawyers, frivolous lawsuits and outrageous jury verdicts.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe 9/11 was an inside job to con the American people to go to war for oil.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe social security is solvent and that there is a social security lock box and I don't believe social security is a Ponzi scheme.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe MOST AMERICANS are bitter and cling to their guns and religion. Let's rid our country of guns and religion!
I'm voting Democrat because I believe illegal aliens deserve all the rights of ordinary Americans plus some additional rights Americans do not have.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe corporations should pay higher taxes! I believe higher taxes on business will make the price of their products and services LESS EXPENSIVE.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe groups like ACORN who register felons, drug addicts, wino's, homeless drifters, illegal aliens, dead people, children, fictional Disney characters, etc. makes my vote count more.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe celebrating the winter solstice shows compassion for the small minority of people that do not celebrate Christmas.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe hard core criminal murderers and @#@###s deserve life and that the innocent unborn deserve death. It's a choice I can live with.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Bush caused Hurricane Katrina and he blew-up the levies in the ninth ward of New Orleans.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe that any one who is not partaking in one of the many wonderful government programs obviously has too much money and should pay higher taxes.
I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq the terrorists will be happy and now think of us as good people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe our soldiers are AIR RAIDING villages and killing innocent people.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe sex in the Oval Office with an intern is a private matter and that everybody lies under oath about sex.
I'm votin Demokrat becuse I wus edumkated at a publick sckrool. I lik da Natsionel Edukatshun Assoseeashun!
I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as it does not offend people.
Can't we all just get along?
I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits are wrong. I believe higher taxes on oil companies will produce lower prices at the pump.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe we need to rid ourselves of dependency on foreign oil, BUT I AM AGAINST offshore drilling for oil and natural gas, drilling in ANWR, building nuclear power plants and clean coal technology.
I'm voting Democrat because I believe Reverend Wright when he said "GODD&%N AMERICA" and "OUR CHICKENS ARE COMING HOME TO ROOST". Hey let's make a comfortable nest for those chickens!

Does all this really mean that you're voting Democratic? I'll bet you're just saying that.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Early voting in Texas started Monday and I voted yesterday for Obama/Biden. First time I've ever voted Democratic. I doubt that I'll ever vote Republican again.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:13 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,663,806 times
The lines for early voting here were out the door and down the street.

When I go on election day I have never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 PM

152 posts, read 186,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
No. We don't have early voting here and I am pleased that we do not. Hopefully we never will.

I will vote on election night, after work.

So your opinion should be imposed on everyone else??? You wouldn't be Republican, would you?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
So your opinion should be imposed on everyone else??? You wouldn't be Republican, would you?
I am entitled to my opinion and I don't believe in early voting. I would be happy if it did not exist. Where did I say my opinion should be imposed on everyone else? All I did ws state my opinion.

No I am not a republican but you sure seem like a jerk.

Last edited by nicolem; 10-22-2008 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections