Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times

Advertisements

[quote=helenejen;5804172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The Republicans are NOT racists!
The Republicans are the ones that ENDED SLAVERY. It was the Democrats who fought to keep blacks in slavery and passed the discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws. The Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan to lynch and terrorize blacks. The Democrats fought to prevent the passage of every civil rights law beginning with the civil rights laws of the 1860's, and continuing with the civil rights laws of the 1950's and 1960's. Go ahead and research this. Please!!!
QUOTE]

Oversimplification. Southern Democrats of the mid 20th century were not Democrats that we think of today. The Republic and Democratic parties have changed heavily since then.

Which President appointed the most "minorities" to the Highest positions in Government? - Yahoo! Answers

George Bush, the REPUBLICAN!!!!

Sadly, Democrats have managed to trick a lot of black Americans into believing that the GOP is a racist party. But, in truth, the Democratic Party was, is, and will likely continue to be the home of far more racists than the GOP.

Democrats didn’t fall in love with Black folks; they fell in love with the Black vote. As Democrats
managed to trick the Blacks to be on their side, they continue play the race card on Republicans to get what they want.

Look at how Barney Frank, a democrat is adept at playing the RACE card.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...st&btnG=Search

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 10-22-2008 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Again there is nothing in the post I replied to about rioting, Luz was talking racism.
Here, let me help.. See topic of the thread..

Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,551,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
The Republicans are NOT racists!
The Republicans are the ones that ENDED SLAVERY.
Republicans today in no way resemble the republicans in the 1800's. Hell a Republican from the Eisenhower era would not recognize anything about the party today.

Republicans stand for less government. But a republican has grown the size of government more than anyone in history.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:47 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,500,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
The racists are going to go crazy. I think groups like the KKK and Aryan Nation are going to show their you-know-whats when Obama wins.
The American Civil War II.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:50 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,396,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
People who value freedom have many reasons to hate Obama and Biden, and it has nothing to do with Obama's race. We don't need an anti-freedom, big government chicago thug as president.

And to add: and people keep saying it's far fetched that we could see a civil war in the future, the early symptoms of a potential for one are here...

I agree.
I fully expect that the Obama supporters will go ape$hit on election night should he lose. He has plans to have a rally in Grant Park that I am hoping will be cancelled for safety reasons. The crazies here tore things up after the Bulls Championships, when they were happy...if he loses, it won't be pretty.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,239,810 times
The only people that will cause trouble will be Nobama supporters. If McCain loses his supporters will accept it without starting riots or anything like that.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
I agree.
I fully expect that the Obama supporters will go ape$hit on election night should he lose. He has plans to have a rally in Grant Park that I am hoping will be cancelled for safety reasons. The crazies here tore things up after the Bulls Championships, when they were happy...if he loses, it won't be pretty.
I suspect they will do that even if he wins. I remember the riots after the Bulls WON the championship.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,361 times
Oh they'll be hell to pay if McCain wins this thing for sure. But I'll be honest, if McCain gets Pennsylvania and Ohio, I may wonder if there wasn't any funny business and I'm a Republican.

Of course, with all those Dems that ACORN registered, I am sure they will win in a landslide.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Here, let me help.. See topic of the thread..
So? Go after Luz for going off topic!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:01 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
The only people that will cause trouble will be Nobama supporters. If McCain loses his supporters will accept it without starting riots or anything like that.
Or the liberal plants pretending to be Republicans will start the riot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections